Thai Citizen Stucked In Thailand?

khunmarc

My wife and kids are scheduled to go home in July and we now hearing that with all the troubles other Thais are stuck there and not able to leave the country even if they have other nationality passports....

anyone heard anything about that??? My wife sister says 3 or 4 women are stuck in the village not able to leave the country ...

any infos will be appreciated here... answer here or PM me anytime

thnks folks

You'll probably get better feedback than I can give as people wake up, but that sounds very strange and unlikely to me.

I have a Thai friend due to fly out in a couple of days and the only problem she has is that her passport is stuck in the closed Spanish embassy. July is a long way away yet if thats the problem for her.

My wife just tried to get a ticket into, and two out of Thailand. They told her that they currently were not selling any, due to the political situation, but they hoped to be able to next week. Also had been told that the American embassy was closed for the week, but don't know about any other ones.

We're trying to bring her Mom to stay with us in the US for a few months, but we'll have to wait and see what happens first.

You'll probably get better feedback than I can give as people wake up, but that sounds very strange and unlikely to me.

I have a Thai friend due to fly out in a couple of days and the only problem she has is that her passport is stuck in the closed Spanish embassy. July is a long way away yet if thats the problem for her.

thnks hopefully all will be settled by july thnks !

My wife just tried to get a ticket into, and two out of Thailand. They told her that they currently were not selling any, due to the political situation, but they hoped to be able to next week. Also had been told that the American embassy was closed for the week, but don't know about any other ones.

We're trying to bring her Mom to stay with us in the US for a few months, but we'll have to wait and see what happens first.

well hopefully things will settle soon enough there... the sister inlaw seems quite sure about them stuck there for now....

we making sure they dont bring any red color clothes LOL

thnks for the answer

Thais leave the country every day, airlines leave and depart normally, although some have cut back on their flights as demand is low right now.

The problem might be that right now it is difficult to get a visa, as many embassies are closed, inclusing the US-embassy. With no visa for a country that requires it, an airline will not let them board. If they do, the airline will be fined and be responsible for sending the back to Thailand.

No, have not heard something like that.

Some (many?) Thais are gullible, some farangs also.

well i have no reason to think my sister inlaw be lying about this so I dont get your point

Your sister in law is probably passing along what she hears on village tom toms, in best of times this is a mass of miss information so I would put less reliability in it, in today's atmosphere. If she has a valid visa for your country, and all paperwork is complete there is not a problem as rumored.

good question actually: guys here are wondering if the workers that have already got their visas and dates of departure are being allowed to leave; remember, they arent tourists to here, but are leaving as workers and therefore are handled in suvanaphum by a different group of officers and the labour department people, so is there a possiblily that they cannot fly out yet? rumour is rampant here as well among the manpower companies and the thai workers as well...

real time info appreciated, as guy someone is supposed to be comining to join the guys working here and they are waiting as he is taking place of someone who left...also someone is supposed to be returning and he needs stamp from labour department from his changwat buriram, are they working ? he needs the stamp for when he leaves thailand back to here this coming week, it can only be received from his own changwat, not bangkok (as we learned our lesson last time).

bina

israel

No, have not heard something like that.

Some (many?) Thais are gullible, some farangs also.

well i have no reason to think my sister inlaw be lying about this so I dont get your point

I guess they want to make sure that some wanted persons can't leave the country now. State of emergency covers that all.