How Do You Scrape The Monkey Fuzz?

NaiGreg

What is your preferred shaving method?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was a Gillette 3 blade man for ages, until reading recent reports that it's all a bit of a gimmick.

According to the 'experts', the best shave for a fellow is a hot, wet lather, with a new clean razor (like a cut throat razor). The hot water opens the pores, the shave is fine and smooth, and then after rinsing off use cold water on the face to close the pores up again.

Sort of like what you would have had in a barber's shop in the old days.

In the small port town near the island I work on, the local barber does the above for me, and it is the best shave I can get.

Does anyone have the link to the article showing how gillette was forced to remove their false advertising on their new razor, because they claimed it did a whole bunch of fantastic things to your whiskers - until scientists pointed out it was a crock of monkey fluff.

Always electric for me, nice and easy no messing and you can shave in the car on the way to work if your late, gives you more time to do more importtant things like drink :D

I voted for dull machete. Even using brand new dual blade razors, with hot lather and hot water, I still have annoying stubble left over. An electric razor is even worse.

So it's the trusty pocket knife for me (when in civilization), or the machete, or wood axe. If it's a real special night, drop an empty bottle on the floor and use one of the glass shards ! :o

Hot water or hot towel on the face for a few minutes. Mach 3 and foam. My beard is way too coarse to shave every day so I only shave every 2nd day, so, half the time I've got the shadow on my face but take time to shave off a straight line on each cheek, looks cleaner.

Disposables or anything with less than 2 blades is junk unless you've got the hormone levels of a Leonardo Di Caprio. Gels seem to help better than foams.

I am lazy. Have a spade goatee, so only have to shave cheeks,neck and under the chin . Use a cheapo single blade with soap ,sometimes there is a bit of tomatoe sauce action, told ya i was cheap. Every second or third day give the nest a clipping with the electric to keep it respectable :o

Hot water or hot towel on the face for a few minutes. Mach 3 and foam. My beard is way too coarse to shave every day so I only shave every 2nd day, so, half the time I've got the shadow on my face but take time to shave off a straight line on each cheek, looks cleaner.

Disposables or anything with less than 2 blades is junk unless you've got the hormone levels of a Leonardo Di Caprio. Gels seem to help better than foams.

Exactly! I'd shave with a chainsaw, except they are sooo hard to get.(just ask Dave Yo) :o

I have a goatee.... I am very lazy and only shave when the itching gets to much, I then have to precut with the beard trimmer (without attachment) then use the razor (wet shave) to get a good finish. I use the cheapest razor I can find and whatever soap/shower gel is handy.

I once shaved off my goatee.... after my wife had stopped laughing she said "never mind, it will grow back in a few days.." :o

totster :D

Can't use electric, they don't seem to cut the stubble at all (foils are worse and try to yank out the whiskers - Ow).

I use disposable twin blades from the UK, use shaving hot water, then shaving oil and foam on top. The oil makes the shave closer as the blade cuts the hait without catching the skin so much (seems to work for me at least). I get bad razor burn if I save just with foam - I am also allergic to having a beard - It gets very itchy and I scratch it and make the skin red and blotchy. Also have to shave 'cos of the crash helmet (pulling off a full-face helmet with a beard is excrusiating!).

Once run out of the UK blades, so sent Mrs out to get me some. I was in a little village up north at the time - near Chiang Rai. She comes back with a plastic cut throat. Looks like something you'd use to clean an aquarium - razor blad half sticking out of a plastic stick. After lacerating myself to the point that I couldn't see beard for blood - I decided to let it grow!

Can't use electric, they don't seem to cut the stubble at all (foils are worse and try to yank out the whiskers - Ow).

I use disposable twin blades from the UK, use shaving hot water, then shaving oil and foam on top. The oil makes the shave closer as the blade cuts the hait without catching the skin so much (seems to work for me at least). I get bad razor burn if I save just with foam - I am also allergic to having a beard - It gets very itchy and I scratch it and make the skin red and blotchy. Also have to shave 'cos of the crash helmet (pulling off a full-face helmet with a beard is excrusiating!).

Once run out of the UK blades, so sent Mrs out to get me some. I was in a little village up north at the time - near Chiang Rai. She comes back with a plastic cut throat. Looks like something you'd use to clean an aquarium - razor blad half sticking out of a plastic stick. After lacerating myself to the point that I couldn't see beard for blood - I decided to let it grow!

:o my wife bought me some of these and they look like they have come straight out of a prison movie, looks like a bic pen cut in half with a real nasty razor blade sticking out

I use Gilette Mach 3 and Gilette Shaving Gel.

I shave every other day as I cannot be bothered to do it everyday. Like many others I have a goatee, but sometimes I will manage to shave it lopsided and have to shave off and start again.

Electric Razors are no good for me out here, not many bathrooms have aircon so I always have too much moisture on my boat to get a good shave, it just drags over my skin.

Prices of razors and gel out here are v.expensive, not really much of an option though, apart from finding a cat to do it for me! :o

I used to have a beard from 1995 until December last year when my 4 month old baby (speaking in English through his Thai Mum) asked me to shave off my beard as he didn't like it. His Mum did say I could keep the moustache but that went as well.

Now I use a Gilette Mach 3 with hot water and foam.

As for the baby I am thinking of writing to the Guiness Book of Records naming him as the youngest bi-lingual child in the world. Unless of course my wife was telling porkies. Nah she would never go hok me, would she?

:o

In the small port town near the island I work on, the local barber does the above for me, and it is the best shave I can get.

If my 'beard' is more than a week old, I visit my local barber here for a Bht 15.00 special. As he usually ends up using 2 new blades and quite a bit of shaving cream, I lash out and give him a Bht 10.00 tip.

:o

I prefer the Boch orbital sander with 40 grit paper, be careful around the nasal area as it can remove this too! This tool is also handy for the the D.I.Y. plastic surgery freaks, followed up with a good quality filler of course. :o

Edited by Boatabike