Thai Red Shirts Welcomed Home From Deadly Rallies

webfact

May I suggest that the time for blame and vitriol has now passed and that we, as farangs and Thais, try to contribute a more constructive debate on how we think the reconciliation process can be achieved. I have already suggested some general ideas and I believe that we, as a group, can come up with possible, more specific solutions to the healing and development process. How about it guys and girls? Can we do this in a spirit of harmony and goodwill and perhaps make this our contribution to the country in which we work and live and that, most of us, love? I believe that Abhisit is open to ideas and may in fact incorporate into the plan some of the ideas created here. I know that he reads the ThaiVisa forums as it gives him the pulse of the expat community

Over to you.

I have some simple ideas.

1) Hold a REAL election with the UN in watching.

2) After the Reds win again, and they will, perhaps try something new for a change like recognizing the will of the people. Stop the endless chain of coups.

3) Put in a new Constitution giving the people full power with the elected Parliament.

4) Remove ALL Generals who do not swear allegiance to who ever is elected as PM and the ruling party in p[Parliament.

5) Remove all Top judges and replace them with REAL judges that will support the Constitution.

But of course, when we start with number 1 above, the whole thing is rejected by the group that has done over 20 coups.

This group is declaring victory as the nation burns.

You know how you can tell when the current Thai government is untruthful?

Their lips are moving.

But go ahead and declare victory as your nation breaks apart if it makes you feel strong.

Maybe you can abuse your maids at home.

The fight will resume again in just weeks.

The men in black--can do much worse to this place if the current regime chooses to prosecute and then kill the red leaders arrested.

The next time the entire city could burn.

I bought some marshmallows.

Ernie,

This was not the kind of response I was asking for. There is no hint of reconciliation in your post, just pure aggression. If you cannot contribute more positive ideas that reflect reconciliation and harmony, then I'm afraid your ideas are worthless to this debate. So, unless you can do as I have suggested, it would be appreciated if you could refrain from posting such negative comments.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until now the Military have not been able captured any of these black clad terrorists.

I also haven't seen any pictures of dead protesters with guns.

So you didnt see the black shirt dead in lumpini park early in the operation or the black shirt with taharn prahn insignia with a stomach wound a week or so ago on a stretcher. Because the unit is a rogue military one the military may be more interested in brininging them back on board than driving them further away from the majority of the military. Settling things down behind closed doors is going to take precedence over anything else whether you or I like it or not and the military wont care what the government think either

Who knows who they caught. They wont be telling the likes of you or I. Plenty of weapons and discarded black clothing have been found and 113 people have been denied bail in court today. Who knows what they are accused of or who they are. It may or may not come out with time but for now mopping up is still going on so dont expect too much

There are also arrests going on around the country for local arson attacks as it seems red groups and fired up teenagers werent so carful about hiding identity and those caught quickly named others

People will believe what they want to but few will believe that the reds werent violent

Only an idiot who had spent the last few months cut off from the outside world, who had not watched nor read any independent source of media, or who had been brainwashed would believe that the reds were not violent.

Yes, agree. Idiots and the red TV apologist, but I guess it back to their boiler rooms and money laundering operations where they are use to lying all day. I guess they will have to pack up their computers and look for another country that they can destroy.

When PM dissolved the house before, this never happened !

Blaim him for all the unnecessary killings.

Hear Hear!

You probably 'hear, heared' the burning of Bangkok as well.

It seems you have misunderstood the sentiment of the post. If Abhisit had called elections a long time ago there would have been no violent protest. There was a prospect for a peaceful way out of this. That is what I say Hear Hear to.

I was very upset to see the events of recent days.

Abhisit did call for an election. The reds rejected it because that is not what the reds wanted. The reds do not want democracy! They started out wanting violience to overthrow the government. The peaceful thing was all a cover.

May I suggest that the time for blame and vitriol has now passed and that we, as farangs and Thais, try to contribute a more constructive debate on how we think the reconciliation process can be achieved. I have already suggested some general ideas and I believe that we, as a group, can come up with possible, more specific solutions to the healing and development process. How about it guys and girls? Can we do this in a spirit of harmony and goodwill and perhaps make this our contribution to the country in which we work and live and that, most of us, love? I believe that Abhisit is open to ideas and may in fact incorporate into the plan some of the ideas created here. I know that he reads the ThaiVisa forums as it gives him the pulse of the expat community

Over to you.

2) After the Reds win again, and they will, perhaps try something new for a change like recognizing the will of the people. Stop the endless chain of coups.

3) Put in a new Constitution giving the people full power with the elected Parliament.

4) Remove ALL Generals who do not swear allegiance to who ever is elected as PM and the ruling party in p[Parliament.

5) Remove all Top judges and replace them with REAL judges that will support the Constitution.

But of course, when we start with number 1 above, the whole thing is rejected by the group that has done over 20 coups.

Their lips are moving.

But go ahead and declare victory as your nation breaks apart if it makes you feel strong.

The men in black--can do much worse to this place if the current regime chooses to prosecute and then kill the red leaders arrested.

Ernie,

This was not the kind of response I was asking for. There is no hint of reconciliation in your post, just pure aggression. If you cannot contribute more positive ideas that reflect reconciliation and harmony, then I'm afraid your ideas are worthless to this debate. So, unless you can do as I have suggested, it would be appreciated if you could refrain from posting such negative comments.

Truth?

You want the truth?

You can't HANDLE the truth.

There will be no reconciliation

The so called "innocent" people were there for several weeks, listening night after night, to incindiary rhetoric. Except for the children and mentally retarded they had the FREE WILL to reject those radical leaders and GO HOME. Those that stayed to the end, what excuse do they have? Whether they threw grenades, burned malls, shot guns, etc. themselves or not they were AWARE of what was going on (excepting the children and retarded). In my view, they are lucky to get the free bus tickets home without jail, yes, even the old ladies.

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and acknowledge their basic human intelligence. That means they had FREE WILL. Thus, they made the choice to follow those disgusting violent leaders. Not many innocents on those buses.

If they are going to burn down large sections of Bangkok, maybe they want to destroy their OWN land, their own livelihood? I thought not.

@Jingthing

The most important thing to a rural Thai is their ID card. This is the document that gives them their identity as a person and without it they can do nothing. In order to attend the rally, they had to give their ID cards to the village kamnan (headman for want of a better word) who arranged their transportation to the rally site. They could not leave without their ID card and the local kamnan who held them would not give them back. Furthermore, they had been told by Nuttawut et al that if they left, they would be shot by the army. No wonder they would not, could not, leave. This is the reason why the government announced that they would not need their ID cards if they left the rally site and reported to the police. Unfortunately, they believed their leaders when they were told that the police and army would shoot them if they left. Would you have left under these circumstances?

You must understand that these people have very little education and are products of a patronage system that has been in place since before slavery was abolished. The kamnan is their guiding light in political and village matters and they will, or cannot, go against him. In this sense, there is no such thing as free will.

Over to you.

Their lips are moving.

Ernie,

Truth?

You want the truth?

It is not a question of truth. It is a question of compromise and understanding which makes reconciliation possible. Your response just makes you just like the people who burned the properties in Bangkok. You appear to be beyond reconciliation and, in these circumstances ,you have nothing positive to contribute to this debate. It would therefore be better if you stayed out of it and if you continue in this vein, I will block you from the discussion.

Question

Why is it the Thai ruling regime has turned off so so many media outlets?

It is like North Koreas here now.

In contrast, the Reds would immediately turn on all media if they were to get control.

FREEDOM

For the Thai ruling groups, it is indeed a terrible thing to give to their slaves.

It is not a question of truth. It is a question of compromise and understanding which makes reconciliation possible. Your response just makes you just like the people who burned the properties in Bangkok. You appear to be beyond reconciliation and, in these circumstances ,you have nothing positive to contribute to this debate. It would therefore be better if you stayed out of it and if you continue in this vein, I will block you from the discussion.

Freedom?

What a joke.

BYE BYE

Over to you.

Their lips are moving.

Ernie,

Truth?

You want the truth?

There will be reconciliation for those people who value peace and not violence.

From your words, I assume that you are one of those people who's full of revengeful feelings. It is sad to have those. Let go and you'll feel enlightened to see that there's other people around you doing the same.

Sorry, but if all Thai people would really practice their belief, buddhism, then there would be no problems.

I'm not talking about politics only, I'm talking about all those people going to a temple to pray for more money!

What happened to the people of Thailand? What happened to their true feelings? Is it gone forever? Or does it really need to become another Cambodia before everybody wakes up?

Democracy is about talking and voting to decide what course to take.

It means that the rule of law (as decided by the people) is holy.

It means that the current government is legal (no matter how many hearsay stories float around).

It means that you can use the court and the rule of law if you think the current government is not legal.

Mob Rule does not have anything to do with that!

Who said it was all finished? Red Shirts are planning a rally Senam Lueng Park 3 days after the emergency situation is lifted.

Please go to the Park and make sure this does not start up again.

Thailand has not learned it's lessons yet, Police in this country need to explain

why they are being so nice to Red Shirt Supporters/Members.

Below Red Shirt Leaders visited by Fans in their wonderful house of blithe.

The Thais is other Forums are very angry to say the least.

Nice place, I guess they have housemaids as well. We should all be so lucky.

post-107146-1274453868_thumb.jpg

post-107146-1274453943_thumb.jpg

post-107146-1274453969_thumb.jpg

post-107146-1274454001_thumb.jpg

I know that he reads the ThaiVisa forums as it gives him the pulse of the expat community

Let's hope not. He would throw us all out of the country. :)

I doubt it. He is a real democrat in the true sense of the word. A very decent chap, I can assure you.

Who said it was all finished? Red Shirts are planning a rally Senam Lueng Park 3 days after the emergency situation is lifted.

Thailand has not learned it's lessons yet, Police in this country need to explain

These pictures are doing so much damage right now..

They are quite staggering really. What on earth was anyone thinking letting them out in the first case, and then why on earth have cameras there?

The so called "innocent" people were there for several weeks, listening night after night, to incindiary rhetoric. Except for the children and mentally retarded they had the FREE WILL to reject those radical leaders and GO HOME. Those that stayed to the end, what excuse do they have? Whether they threw grenades, burned malls, shot guns, etc. themselves or not they were AWARE of what was going on (excepting the children and retarded). In my view, they are lucky to get the free bus tickets home without jail, yes, even the old ladies.

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and acknowledge their basic human intelligence. That means they had FREE WILL. Thus, they made the choice to follow those disgusting violent leaders. Not many innocents on those buses.

If they are going to burn down large sections of Bangkok, maybe they want to destroy their OWN land, their own livelihood? I thought not.

@Jingthing

The most important thing to a rural Thai is their ID card. This is the document that gives them their identity as a person and without it they can do nothing. In order to attend the rally, they had to give their ID cards to the village kamnan (headman for want of a better word) who arranged their transportation to the rally site. They could not leave without their ID card and the local kamnan who held them would not give them back. Furthermore, they had been told by Nuttawut et al that if they left, they would be shot by the army. No wonder they would not, could not, leave. This is the reason why the government announced that they would not need their ID cards if they left the rally site and reported to the police. Unfortunately, they believed their leaders when they were told that the police and army would shoot them if they left. Would you have left under these circumstances?

You must understand that these people have very little education and are products of a patronage system that has been in place since before slavery was abolished. The kamnan is their guiding light in political and village matters and they will, or cannot, go against him. In this sense, there is no such thing as free will.

True. The vile elitist patronage system advantaged the likes of Nattawut (burn everything) in controlling the poor

They are quite staggering really. What on earth was anyone thinking letting them out in the first case, and then why on earth have cameras there?

I don't know. My guess is that it's to give hope to the red shirts followers.

It's not being taken well at all by somebody very close to me though. Seriously holding out on tomorrow's announcements to explain it.

Question

In contrast, the Reds would immediately turn on all media if they were to get control.

They haven't turned them off. The reds have burnt them down. An example of some more red democracy.

Why did we not hear about the Tak Bai masacre under Taksin control?

Some more lies about the reds turning on all media if they were to get control. They haven't lived up to their promises except the terrorist threats. Those came true.

Just joined? What is your other name you go by on here? Oh well, back to your boiler room.

It's not being taken well at all by somebody very close to me though. Seriously holding out on tomorrow's announcements to explain it.

Nattawut and Arisman if he is ever caught dont ever deserve to see the light of day again. They are facists who advocatd violence and destruction and were caght live on video.

Welcome home to the terrorists and arsonists. They claimed they wanted early elections. They won them, then threw it away. Then they burned Bangkok. Good job reds!

Nothing like tarring them all with the same brush for the actions of a sad misguided few who hopefully will pay for their dreadful actions.

Nevertheless,looks like they are going to get those elections in the not too distant future.

The point is,what will those elections bring?After all Thailand isn't democratic, so normal people are not allowed to do politics and set themselves as election kandidate on a list ( existing or new formed one). If there is coming a follow-up for Thaksin and he try to help out the poor people more, the rich will protest, and everything goes on like before.They will discredit him and if not enough send the army again.Better would be if they learn to organise themselves politically in a proper way by forming Unions for a start and build on social protection for the working class, from there you on, you can build up political influence and power.Maybe they need advice from European politicians and Union people?

Question

They haven't turned them off. The reds have burnt them down. An example of some more red democracy.

Why did we not hear about the Tak Bai masacre under Taksin control?

Some more lies about the reds turning on all media if they were to get control. They haven't lived up to their promises except the terrorist threats. Those came true.

Just joined? What is your other name you go by on here? Oh well, back to your boiler room.

This is not North Korea. Thailand is about to merge with Burma.

Why would anyone take well the picture of the guy who commanded his minions (as he saw them) to burn everything being given such privileged treatment. Obvioulsy the facist Natawut is a privileged member of the elite but hopefully such double standard nonsense will be forgotten and he will be cast asunder in Khlong Prem with no protection or privileges.

But wasn't the story that they had been flown away by the army, and were on a base somewhere? Is this where the pictures were taken or is this home for one of these people?

Either way, it is going to make the government and the law enforcement look like complete and utter idiots. We have all talked about how precedents set by previous actions have led to problems today.

I thought when Abhisit started to get a handle on things at the end of the protest, with all the talk about the law, rule of law, respect for the law, there was a glimmer of hope. There I was thinking that there was a chance that he would push the PAD and Reds cases through at the same time, kill many birds with one stone and then this.

It isn't yet that the smoke has stopped coming out of Central World yet and these criminals (some could say treasonous) have been under arrest for only a couple of days. And then this? What does someone of position have to do in this country to get treated in the same manner as the common man by the law? Where is the consequence for ANYONE's actions in this country?

Irrespective of the side he is on and whether this brings hope to anyone, it should fill a lot of people with absolute despair.

Edited by Thai at Heart

<br />
The so called "innocent" people were there for several weeks, listening night after night, to incindiary rhetoric. Except for the children and mentally retarded they had the FREE WILL to reject those radical leaders and GO HOME. Those that stayed to the end, what excuse do they have? Whether they threw grenades, burned malls, shot guns, etc. themselves or not they were AWARE of what was going on (excepting the children and retarded). In my view, they are lucky to get the free bus tickets home without jail, yes, even the old ladies.<br /><br />I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and acknowledge their basic human intelligence. That means they had FREE WILL. Thus, they made the choice to follow those disgusting violent leaders. Not many innocents on those buses.<br /><br />If they are going to burn down large sections of Bangkok, maybe they want to destroy their OWN land, their own livelihood? I thought not.
<br /><br /><br />@Jingthing<br /><br />The most important thing to a rural Thai is their ID card. This is the document that gives them their identity as a person and without it they can do nothing. In order to attend the rally, they had to give their ID cards to the village kamnan (headman for want of a better word) who arranged their transportation to the rally site. They could not leave without their ID card and the local kamnan who held them would not give them back. Furthermore, they had been told by Nuttawut et al that if they left, they would be shot by the army. No wonder they would not, could not, leave. This is the reason why the government announced that they would not need their ID cards if they left the rally site and reported to the police. Unfortunately, they believed their leaders when they were told that the police and army would shoot them if they left. Would you have left under these circumstances?<br /><br />You must understand that these people have very little education and are products of a patronage system that has been in place since before slavery was abolished. The kamnan is their guiding light in political and village matters and they will, or cannot, go against him. In this sense, there is no such thing as free will.<br />
<br /><br />True. The vile elitist patronage system advantaged the likes of Nattawut (burn everything) in controlling the poor<br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

@ rogera Source for this I am vary interested.

"The most important thing to a rural Thai is their ID card. This is the document that gives them their identity as a person and without it they can do nothing. In order to attend the rally, they had to give their ID cards to the village kamnan (headman for want of a better word) who arranged their transportation to the rally site. They could not leave without their ID card and the local kamnan who held them would not give them back."

millions will rise if the army does a crackdown - Chiang Mai railway station, the 100-strong crowd chanted loudly,

and that is in one of their so called strongholds!! No need to say more

100s of buildings burned to the ground.

Tourism wrecked.

Huge money lost by the rich.

Who won?

If that is winning for the Rich ruling class, then I sure hope I never win like that.

Reds will likely rip Bangkok a new hole as soon as the government moves to prosecute red leaders.

Funny you say the fight is over but you KNOW it is not. It is as if saying it makes you feel powerful for a moment.

Go shopping at the World trade and see how powerful you feel.

This fight is in round 1 of a 15 round fight.

If I were you, I would move all my money and my dim rump out of Thailand before the Reds get real real serious and trash this place.

But-Just me.

Round one of hatton vs Paquiao. Take your pick who is who. But look who ended round one strongly and then look at round 2

Seriously what are you after an armed uprising. :)

The most important thing to a rural Thai is their ID card. This is the document that gives them their identity as a person and without it they can do nothing.

What? My wife lived in rural Issan and she couldn't find her ID card for two years without ever having one problem. I have never seen any of her brothers carry their IDs with them anywhere.

Edited by wlcart

The most important thing to a rural Thai is their ID card. This is the document that gives them their identity as a person and without it they can do nothing.

What? My wife lived in rural Issan and she couldn't find her ID card for two years without ever having one problem. I have never seen any of her brothers carry their IDs with them anywhere.

Had she given it to a "pu yai" who could/would punish her for not doing as instructed at a demonstration in Bangkok? No? Then, maybe you should read (and quote?) the whole post before banging your sphincter on the keyboard next time.