Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Business Loan - For Start Up Thai Company

hi

need help with the following scenario for my thai wife,

she/we are looking to buy an existing business in thailand, would if be possible for her to get a business loan using either of the following methods as collateral,

1. myself acting as the guarantor using my property in europe or my trading company in europe showing statements etc..

2. our thai family acting as guarantor using their property portfolio as collateral.

any suggestions on how this can be done.

*edit* we would be depositing initially 1.5 million baht into her account, but with little deposits made for a few years in thai account due to living elsewhere.

many thanks :)

Edited by kopite

Usually for buiness loans, they will want business plans etc etc...not easy to get a loan this way.

Option 1: Forget it.....highly unlikely this would be entertained by a Thai bank

Option 2: Maybe, see above

How about option 3: You apply for the loan with a UK bank and use your property in Europe as collateral, certainly a better option ??

You say her family has land. If the value of the land is valued at more than what you want to borrow then you should be able to use the land as collateral.

My wife got a loan using her land as collateral. Not sure if she had to tell them what she wanted the money for. which she used the money to re-do her mom's house adding on to the house and putting in air-con, ceramic tile etc.

You say her family has land. If the value of the land is valued at more than what you want to borrow then you should be able to use the land as collateral.

My wife got a loan using her land as collateral. Not sure if she had to tell them what she wanted the money for. which she used the money to re-do her mom's house adding on to the house and putting in air-con, ceramic tile etc.

Yes, but this loan was for home improvments..ie a personal loan, the OP is looking for a business loan, not the same thing.

Yes, but this loan was for home improvments..ie a personal loan, the OP is looking for a business loan, not the same thing.

I know it's not the same thing, the point I'm trying make is don't tell the bank the money is to start a business, as long as the land is valued at more than the loan amount needed then there should not be a problem. i guess I should have made it a little more clear what I was trying to say. my wife did tell the bank she was using the money to fix up her mom's house, but nobody ever came to look and see what is going on with the house or if improvements were actually made, as soutpeel pointed out it's a personal loan so you can use it for whatever you want.