Thai Government Accuses Reds Over Huge Weapons Cache

webfact

What they have done wrong? Care to explain?

One of the sons pistol-whipped another Thai (son of diplomat) who stepped on his toes in a fancy nightclub. One of the others may have shot a police office who he didn't like, also in a nightclub. Both places had a policy of searching all entering for weapons, but that's only for mere mortals I guess. This son fled the country and after 6 months surrendered. At that time no-one (who wanted to live) remembered anything. Two sons have dodged their draft somehow and still managed to get into police positions with appropriate papers (thanks to daddy probably). One was appointed in the government when daddy was minister of interior under the late K. Samak. Many doubts on experience. Daddy was in government with K. Samak when the last said 'These yellow protesters, we can't have that (June 2007).

Please don't take this as full truth, some details escape me. Just brows around a bit on the internet and you'll find detals.

So you cannot become a little bit more factual and bring exact details?

And of course i don't take your posts as the full truth, they are moe likely something between trash talk of an 'expert' on a bar stool with no shame and the usual blubber of an internet hero on a propaganda mission with no shame.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the lack of army casualties in the final stages was due to professionalism? Yeah right...

If this had been "the other side", cries of "DOCTORED" and "PLANTED" would be plastered all over Thaivisa.

None so blind as those who will not listen !

I never bothered to read the whole thread, just the title.

Seems to me that the Government troops had much better weapons than the Red Shirts.

I never saw one Red Shirt Tank or APC, I never saw one armed to the teeth Red Shirt Division advancing on Government troops firing live ammunition, I never saw One Red Shirt Sniper picking off Thai Soldiers, I never saw one Red Shirt Water Cannon, I never saw One child of a Soldier killed. I never saw one wife of a Soldier Killed, I only saw what the Thai government wanted me to see, and thats what most of you guys saw as well............

The UDD broadcast PTV was available till begin of May. Lots of info on the internet. Tweets, twits and facebook. Unreadable Thai blogs, etc. Had you asked we would have pointed them out to you.

Maybe GM1955 thinks the Army should have supplied equal weapons and trained the red forces so it would be a 'fair' fight. I think that would be stupid for any group in power.

ph2010052201457.jpg

A Thai soldier arranges war weapons that authorities discovered and seized from an area where anti-government protesters had occupied during a more than two months rally at a shopping center in Bangkok, Thailand, Saturday, May 22, 2010.

Washington Post

Seems to me that the Government troops had much better weapons than the Red Shirts.

I never saw one Red Shirt Tank or APC, I never saw one armed to the teeth Red Shirt Division advancing on Government troops firing live ammunition, I never saw One Red Shirt Sniper picking off Thai Soldiers, I never saw one Red Shirt Water Cannon, I never saw One child of a Soldier killed. I never saw one wife of a Soldier Killed, I only saw what the Thai government wanted me to see, and thats what most of you guys saw as well............

The UDD broadcast PTV was available till begin of May. Lots of info on the internet. Tweets, twits and facebook. Unreadable Thai blogs, etc. Had you asked we would have pointed them out to you.

OK, can you show me the Red Shirt Tanks, Red Shirt water cannons, Red Shirt APC's, Red Shirt Snipers etc, yes I've seen the slingshots and the molotovs, the bamboo sticks and the stones, yet I'm sure that the Thai Army had vastly superior weapons, and they used them too.

I feel sorry for the army guys cos they are only acting under orders from the Generals, and no doubt those Generals will be handsomely rewarded for obeying the orders given by the ruling Elite.

The Election will be after the Elite have placed their men in the top positions of the Army and the Police, then if the Reds win the election, there will be a military coup to get them out again.

The top Army Generals get rich, the top Police Generals get rich, once they are taken care of, the government can do whatever they want with no comebacks, cos they have the guns and uniforms of the Army and the Police on their side.

That's why nobody never really questions why a Policeman earning 20,000 baht per month has a 7 Million Baht car, a 10 Million Baht house, an 8 Million Baht Beach condo in Pattaya, with multiple Mia Noi's apart from his wife, and his children are getting expensive private education etc etc ..

Where does the money come from ?

Do you think the Government doesn't know where the money comes from ?

Do you think they don't care as long as the guys with guns are on their side ?

Why was there no Military coup ?

I'd like somebody to check the bank balances of the top Army and Police officials and make them accountable as to where all the money came from.

I think there would be some ' Unusual Wealth ' found.

ph2010052201462.jpg

Thai Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) officials display war weapons they discovered and seized from an area where anti-government protesters had occupied during a more than two months rally at a shopping center in Bangkok, Thailand, Saturday, May 22, 2010.

Washington Post

One of the sons pistol-whipped another Thai (son of diplomat) who stepped on his toes in a fancy nightclub. One of the others may have shot a police office who he didn't like, also in a nightclub. Both places had a policy of searching all entering for weapons, but that's only for mere mortals I guess. This son fled the country and after 6 months surrendered. At that time no-one (who wanted to live) remembered anything. Two sons have dodged their draft somehow and still managed to get into police positions with appropriate papers (thanks to daddy probably). One was appointed in the government when daddy was minister of interior under the late K. Samak. Many doubts on experience. Daddy was in government with K. Samak when the last said 'These yellow protesters, we can't have that (June 2007).

Please don't take this as full truth, some details escape me. Just brows around a bit on the internet and you'll find detals.

And of course i don't take your posts as the full truth, they are moe likely something between trash talk of an 'expert' on a bar stool with no shame and the usual blubber of an internet hero on a propaganda mission with no shame.

As one suggested, use 'advanced search' see for yourself what's true, maybe true, lies, etc.

And sorry to say, I'm not an barstool expert, I live and work here.

Mazeltov, you are staying wilfully ignorant by demanding others educate you on history that is easy to find on the internet; it was even suggested where you might go for a thourough explanation. We are not trained historians here but would like if you would educate yourself so that your postings come more from knowledge than ignorance.

OK, can you show me the Red Shirt Tanks, Red Shirt water cannons, Red Shirt APC's, Red Shirt Snipers etc, yes I've seen the slingshots and the molotovs, the bamboo sticks and the stones, yet I'm sure that the Thai Army had vastly superior weapons, and they used them too.

I feel sorry for the army guys cos they are only acting under orders from the Generals, and no doubt those Generals will be handsomely rewarded for obeying the orders given by the ruling Elite.

The Election will be after the Elite have placed their men in the top positions of the Army and the Police, then if the Reds win the election, there will be a military coup to get them out again.

The top Army Generals get rich, the top Police Generals get rich, once they are taken care of, the government can do whatever they want with no comebacks, cos they have the guns and uniforms of the Army and the Police on their side.

That's why nobody never really questions why a Policeman earning 20,000 baht per month has a 7 Million Baht car, a 10 Million Baht house, an 8 Million Baht Beach condo in Pattaya, with multiple Mia Noi's apart from his wife, and his children are getting expensive private education etc etc ..

Where does the money come from ?

Do you think the Government doesn't know where the money comes from ?

Do you think they don't care as long as the guys with guns are on their side ?

Why was there no Military coup ?

I'd like somebody to check the bank balances of the top Army and Police officials and make them accountable as to where all the money came from.

I think there would be some ' Unusual Wealth ' found.

I could show, but please find for yourself. The tone of your questions somehow suggest you wouldn't believe my answers anyhow. After you found answers I DEMAND you tell me :-)

Actually, "Dr. (PhD)" Police Captain Chalerm has 3 sons... all of whom have had run-ins with the uhmm... police.

i...jpg

Duangchalerm (2nd left), Wanchalerm (far right) and Artharn Yoobamrung (far left)

Are you new to Thailand?

I've discovered the advanced search function on this forum is very useful. You could start there with their names.

I asked if you were able to explain. Looks like you are not, you just bring gossip talk to spin some propaganda here.

But i found a couple of forum post, all made by a banned poster named 'sriracha john', propaganda BS, that has zero credibility for me and i would be not surprised if you and that banned member 'sriracha john' are the same person.

Actually, "Dr. (PhD)" Police Captain Chalerm has 3 sons... all of whom have had run-ins with the uhmm... police.

i...jpg

Duangchalerm (2nd left), Wanchalerm (far right) and Artharn Yoobamrung (far left)

Are you new to Thailand?

I've discovered the advanced search function on this forum is very useful. You could start there with their names.

I asked if you were able to explain. Looks like you are not, you just bring gossip talk to spin some propaganda here.

But i found a couple of forum post, all made by a banned poster named 'sriracha john', propaganda BS, that has zero credibility for me and i would be not surprised if you and that banned member 'sriracha john' are the same person.

Thanks to the relatively relaxed rules of this forum, your posts are accepted. Probably so the world can see what 'prejudiced" means. If no info offered is acceptable, you don't want to find some yourself, maybe you should just go to bed and have a nice nights sleep. Even for people like you, there will be another day.

Unarmed Reds, Amnesty International decrying the treatment of the poor innocents - BS, pure BS. Armed militants who should be treated as enemy combatants, if shown to have participated in a violent way.

Amnesty International are a total disgrace.

Trashing their reputation.

The last two years (and we are not just talking about Thailand here) have been an embarrassment.

Agreed. One would expect far greater diligence and objectivity from AI. This undermines previously hard earned credibility. I pity any really genuine future AI candidacy cases that the AI might present because after this how could their pleas be taken seriously?

This is a major self shooting in the foot incident by AI. Very disappointing indeed!

When the truth is reveald, shame on AI :)

Not exactly a lot of dead soldiers are there ??

Either the reds were lousy marksmen or most of them were not using firearms.

Which is it ??

April 10, approx 200 army injured, 600 civilians.

Who is doing most of the shooting ??

Presumably next will be the announcement of the red's intention to use portaloos as chemical weapons..................

ph

If the army could have moved in regardless of consequences, it would have been 1 -2 troops injured, protesters either dead or nearly so. In the 5 days cleanup of Rachaprasong 'only' 54 dead. Again a real crachdown would have fill mass-graves.

The fact that we lots of wounded troops and a few dead just symbolizes the restraint with which the army moved in.

TRUE! If the army wanted to kill this would have been over with in matter of minutes! Instead they used the utmost restraint. Too much if you ask me and all the other innocent people of Bangkok not involved.

And Abishit offerd new elections in november. But the Red Master said no.

Murderer. harsh words, my dear fellow. Would you use the same on K. Thaksin?

85 " official deaths " and over 1800 wounded I call murderer. I believe his nickname was " Mr.Clean and Mr.Polite " ?

Minor league, kindergarten. K. Thaksin managed close to 3000!

And how many more if he came back to power in Thailand?

i...jpg

Are you new to Thailand?

I asked if you were able to explain. Looks like you are not

I gave you a suggested manner in which to educate yourself on a topic that is widely known by most people who have spent much time in Thailand.

If you don't think this forum provides suitable references, another avenue to pursue for your self-education is to Google their names.

There are literally hundreds of pieces of information on the Yoobamrung family's exploits.

If you chose not to learn about this widely discussed topic yourself with these helpful suggestions, I don't know what else I can do.

Your education is your responsibility, not mine.

• Like 1

Completly the opposite Rubl I say that abhisit should not have killed his own people. Now he has to beg and scrap to the world and prove he was right which is going to be very hard. Hitler lives in heavan compared to this man

I'm afraid we can only agree to disagree. Sorry.

By your post I understand you are a big fan of Hitler? :)

Completly the opposite Rubl I say that abhisit should not have killed his own people. Now he has to beg and scrap to the world and prove he was right which is going to be very hard. Hitler lives in heavan compared to this man

How did you get to that conclusion? Actually in 1944 my father living in Arnhem had to hide as 17 year old, in order not to be transported to the Ruhrgebiet (industrial area in Germany). His older brother was transported, but lucky. My uncle survived some bombardments and came home alive later 1945.

I could show, but please find for yourself. The tone of your questions somehow suggest you wouldn't believe my answers anyhow. After you found answers I DEMAND you tell me :-)

So you can tell me and show me where the wealth of top police and army generals earning less than 30,000 baht per month comes from, go ahead.

Can you explain their wealth ?

I very much doubt that they could do that, but you can do it for them ....ok, fire away. :)

Edited by GM1955

So you can tell me and show me where the wealth of top police and army generals earning less than 30,000 baht per month comes from, go ahead.

I very much doubt that can do that, but you can do it for them ....ok, fire away. :)

My dear chap, looking at your post from before, I can only say that the above question is a new one. Just being a bit argumentative, almost 3AM, maybe I should go sleep. Have fun, maybe there are others who don't mind arguing with fools :-)

i...jpg

Are you new to Thailand?

I think you're probably right. There have been quite a few recent additions to the forum making absurdly pro-Demo, anti-Red Shirt posts prolifically in the News Clippings threads, and not posting anywhere else on the forum. My money's on the individuals behind banned posters Sriracha John and Plus being most of these new additions, using an assortment of IP addresses. They were certainly obsessed enough with posting their propaganda (before they got banned) to be wacko enough to do this, and the distinctive styles of both seem to fit most of the new additions.

How did you get to that conclusion? Actually in 1944 my father living in Arnhem had to hide as 17 year old, in order not to be transported to the Ruhrgebiet (industrial area in Germany). His older brother was transported, but lucky. My uncle survived some bombardments and came home alive later 1945.

Many young men of that age joined resistance groups in Europe and never saw their 18th birthday, let alone the end of the war, my Grandfather was killed whilst on the Russian Convoys in The Baltic Sea and his Brother was killed in North Africa.

Anyway, that's off topic, show me these policemans bank statements !!! :D

I very much doubt that can do that, but you can do it for them ....ok, fire away. :)

My dear chap, looking at your post from before, I can only say that the above question is a new one. Just being a bit argumentative, almost 3AM, maybe I should go sleep. Have fun, maybe there are others who don't mind arguing with fools :-)

So in fact you can't show me, why did you say you could ?

Please, don't call me a fool, you wouldn't do it in a bar, so don't do it here. Just back up what you said you can do.

You can't can you? :D

Edited by GM1955

During the whole red demonstration did not see a single red weapon besides self made bombs some 2nd world war guns and sling shots..

So after 3 days they come with all this weapons...

PROPAGANDA!!!

Propaganda!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please date and location, is this a screen shot from the Nation TV coverage I saw when they disarmed police and army and gave the weapons back by the truck load under protest. They don't fire well with out clips ether. Pictures can lie to, but this is incomplete at best.

Many young men of that age joined resistance groups in Europe and never saw their 18th birthday, let alone the end of the war, my Grandfather was killed whilst on the Russian Convoys in The Baltic Sea and his Brother was killed in North Africa.

Anyway, that's off topic, show me these policemans bank statements !!! :D

You're naughty, you're mixing two different threads! I'm dutch originally from near Arnhem and have proof if necessary, how abouut you?

So in fact you can't show me, why did you say you could ?

Please, don't call me a fool, you wouldn't do it in a bar, so don't do it here. Just back up what you said you can do.

You can't can you? :D

OK, OK, let's rephrase. I could PROBABLY find you a few answers, but I don't think you would believe me one way or another. You also ask more questions than 10 wise men can answer. I know this will not satisfy you, but that's your problem.

Oh, in a bar I would call you a fool. most bars I go to I only enjoy friendly banter with people who know how to give as good as they get. And remember, physical violence is a sign of verbal incompetence.

It is very suspect that after a couple of days the government has a show for the press and other governments. Not having any press with them when they "found" this stuff (there were some willing I am sure) is just too much. The fact that a bunch of this stuff was all in the car park is also at best weird. I am not a red supporter but this smells bad. Why wasn't Pornthip w/her gt200 there when they let the people out of the temple?

I also have to think if ppl knew these things were there, they would have used them. Instead of just shooting firecrackers a bottle rockets.

No, if the government says it, it is absolute truth.

How dare you question it you Red shirt apologist, terrorist supporter...

I mean come on, anybody running a business here, or even who has been stopped by a traffic cop knows they never ever bend the truth for personal gain :)

And if it doesn't happen at the bottom why would it happen at the top

Spot on Firestar. The first victim of war is the truth. Of course (understandably?) the government will seek every means to justify its actions in clearing the protests using live rounds. [by the way, the people dishing dirt on AI, think again - Amnesty does not need to retract its statements: read their staement again - they never say that all the Reds were peaceful (but maybe we don't need to rekindle that argument)].

The sad thing is that the way this display of weapons has been produced probably damages the government's credibility again at a time when I think the general population across the country is probably right behind their actions. I'd have been more impressed by close reporting of the humane way they bussed all the protesters home to the provinces, in spite of what must have been some feelings of anger and resentment on the ground in Bangkok. Isn't it time to start healing wounds, not scratching them?

There is only about twenty guns in that picture its hardly a lot, The video of the soldiers in there truck being pulled out and beaten had there guns taken. im surprised they didn't find more

Only 20 guns!!! how much damage can 20 guns do, and I am sure the 20 guns you see is only the tip of the iceberg!

Edited by Skywalker69

Sorry to hear that. I can´t understand why you think Hitler is in Heaven. Follow this link and watch the video of your peasefull and innocent reds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0hsju-roFw