Visitors Visa To Uk For Thai Girlfriend

Hi all

i have a pretty good idea what is the required for my girlfriends Visa thanks to this forum :)

We plan to apply for a Visa soon but every is telling my girlfriend she will not get a Visa because she is too young. She is 23 and i am 41. Will the age difference stop us getting a visa.

any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Stu

As long as you meet the requirements it should be ok, äll elements will be looked at and each case is dealt with on its own merits" is the stock answer you'd get from the embassy but basicly as long as you can prove you've known her for a reasonable amount of time can support her & if its for a tourist visa proof she will defiantly return to Thailand like she has a job to come back to for example. Age shouldn't come into though once the applicant is legally an adult.

You need to do heavy documentation of almost every moment you have spent together: pictures, dates, locations. Also have to show that she has strong reasons to come back to TH, again, documentation with pictures, papers. And the financial, documentary evidence that she will have very adequate money for the proposed stay. Don't take this lightly because they are very sticky about using only the evidence that you provide them; good intentions and protestations are of no value if not documented.

She is 23 and i am 41. Will the age difference stop us getting a visa.

No.

There are basically three criteria which she will need to meet.

1) She is a genuine visitor with a genuine reason to visit

The reason to visit is the relationship with you. You should write a sponsor's letter briefly outlining the history of the relationship, what your plans for the future are and the reason for visiting the UK at this time, plus how long she intends to stay.

She and you should provide evidence of the relationship: your passport showing entries into Thailand to show how often you have visited her, phone and e-mail records etc. As suggested, photos of the two of you together at various times can help.

2) She will be adequately supported and accommodated while in the UK.

Finances for the trip can come from her resources, yours or both. Whoever is contributing toward the cost of the trip should provide evidence of their ability to do so; 6 months bank statements and, if working, payslips is recommended.

There is no set amount of money needed; it depends on the individual applicant's situation; how long they'll be staying in the UK, whether they'll be staying with friends or family etc.

Whoever is offering accommodation should show that there is room for her; ideally one room for her exclusive use, but sharing with another female should be OK for a visit, as should sharing you.

They should also show that she is allowed to stay there; either by providing proof of ownership if they do own (mortgage statement or copy of deeds) or a letter from their landlord granting her such permission if they rent.

3) She will return to Thailand, or at least leave the UK, when or before her visa expires.

If she satisfies the ECO on point 1, then this will go a long way toward the ECO believing she will return. However, concrete evidence is a great help as well.

If she works, then proof of this, such as a letter from her employer. Remember, though, that most Thais only get 2 weeks holiday, so the ECO may not believe a letter granting her a lot longer than this, unless it says why.

You may find Guidance - Visitors (INF 2) and Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3) helpful.

We plan to apply for a Visa soon but every is telling my girlfriend she will not get a Visa because she is too young. She is 23 and i am 41. Will the age difference stop us getting a visa.

Not at all relevant. Their job is not to make moral judgments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

i have another question regarding Or's visa application

she has been told that she needs to have at least £2000 in her bank account to get a visa, how much attention and relevance is paid to her bank account? She currently has 10000 THB in her account.

thanks

Stu and Or

Told by whom?

As I said before; there is no set amount of money needed; it depends on the individual applicant's situation; how long they'll be staying in the UK, whether they'll be staying with friends or family etc.

If you are covering all the costs of her trip, then she does not need any money in her bank.

If the trip can be funded from the applicant's income, sponsor's income or a combination of both then there is no need for any savings at all.

Told by whom?

As I said before; there is no set amount of money needed; it depends on the individual applicant's situation; how long they'll be staying in the UK, whether they'll be staying with friends or family etc.

If you are covering all the costs of her trip, then she does not need any money in her bank.

If the trip can be funded from the applicant's income, sponsor's income or a combination of both then there is no need for any savings at all.

Sorry i should have said who has been telling her, she has been told by friends of her mum who have been through the Visa application process.

thanks for your reply i thought the same regarding money in her bank, i am funding her visit to the uk so i am sure they will understand she has little money in the bank.

thanks 7by7

Stu and Or

A client came into my office to go through the documents with me when I showed her the sponsors letter she pulled a face saying she could do better ?

I advised her is that correct after 2 failed visa applications you did yourself you are no expert, she got her visa issued some two weeks later .

A client came into my office to go through the documents with me when I showed her the sponsors letter she pulled a face saying she could do better ?

I advised her is that correct after 2 failed visa applications you did yourself you are no expert, she got her visa issued some two weeks later .

I hope I have misunderstood you TVE, you're not saying you wrote the sponsors letter are you?