Extension Of Stay Approval Time

Hi

I'd like to know if it is normal that I have to wait more than 30 days to get my extension approved ?

I applied early may and have to go back early july. It is my first extension. Does others also have to wait 2 months ?

If you applied for extension based on marriage a 30 days under consideration stamp is normal.

There has been a report here recently that the applicant got the 30 days stamp but the 30 days startet counting from the date of expiry of his current permit to stay.

Therefore my question: What is the date on your current permit to stay when you applied for the extension?

opalhort

When did your last permission to stay expire. It should be 30 days from then. Not from when you applied.

It was for me anyway.

In the past it has been 30 days from date of application, at least in BKK. So it appears to have changed now.

opalhort

If this is now the official rule I think this is important info for people who make travel plans in advance since it is a must to show up on the appointment date stated in the under consideration stamp.

opalhort

Same here Khon Kaen.

Extension valid until 15 March.

Applied 16 Feb.

Under consideration until 12 April.

15 March plus 30 days is about 12 April, seems correct to me, 30 days consideration from the end of the validity of

the previous extension.

To the Op, was your extension valid until the 05th or 06th June, as plus 30 days would be around the date you have

been told to return on.

Just a side note:

If it is your first extension you will not receive a full year. They include your current stay in the one year extension, meaning your extension should be granted to the date you entered Thailand plus one year.

opalhort

Just a side note:

If it is your first extension you will not receive a full year. They include your current stay in the one year extension, meaning your extension should be granted to the date you entered Thailand plus one year.

opalhort

:):D I got a full year first time I applied for extension of stay.

Is this something new?

Lopburi3 I stand corrected and apologize for the misinformation I posted (my last entry was in 1998 and at that time this was the rule).

Please delete my post.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

My extension is up on the 7th June. I am going to apply this Thursday (27th May). Are you saying that now it is expiry date + 30 days consideration instead of application date + 30 days consideration?

Thanks

JD

What was being discussed was first extension of stay. Years ago the first year was timed from visa entry date. That was changed about five years ago to the end of the 90 day permitted to stay until stamp.

In late April 2009, just before my permission to stay expired, I applied for my first year-long extension based on marriage to a Thai. This was in Chiang Mai. They gave me a 30 day extension and told me to come back in one month. At that next visit they informed me that the process wasn't finished yet, so I should come back again a month later (late June), with another 30 days given. Then in June I received my extension - 1 year dating from the end of May. So for me it took 2 months, they just didn't tell me that up front. Anyway, I'm going back again this week for the next extension.

My admitted until stamp was June 9, and on May 18 I was given an under consideration stamp till July 8.

Last year after getting the under consideration stamp after only 2 weeks they called me to say that I could come and get my extension.

So it seems to be hit and miss how much time it takes. Since I live in Phangnga, the regional headquaters in Hadyai takes the final decision about my non imm B extension.

Edited by keestha