Critical Patches For Ms Internet Explorer

bangbuathong

Microsoft on Tuesday released 10 advisories to cover a slew of security flaws in a range of products, including a "critical" cumulative update for the Internet Explorer browser.

Three of the 10 bulletins are rated "critical," the company's highest severity rating.

The IE fix, covered in MS MS05-025, corrects a remote code-execution vulnerability that exists due to the way the browser handles PNG (Portable Network Graphics) files.

see the full article here

visit microsoft here

If you run Windows update it should find seven new security downloads. Download and install. Actually worked for me. :o

Am sure if you wait a day or two they will automatically download if you have system set up for that option.

Will it update copy versions?

go here and pick the download you want, you can download it without verification

hi'

only if you login outside of US and EU, otherway you'll have to pass the genuine microsoft test ... and get a message to tel you to buy a license of a genuine windows os ...

people living outside US and Eu have no problem downloading updates until early 2006.

then ... who knows what bg has in mind?

francois

ps;anyway, IE should not been used due to all these failures ...

even for windows update, youdon't need it.

use an altenative one, and firefox is one of the best ...

maxthon is not bad but still run with IE engine(borrowed to the winddows IE installed)

make your choice :o

only if you login outside of US and EU, otherway you'll have to pass the genuine microsoft test ... and get a message to tel you to buy a license of a genuine windows os ...

people living outside US and Eu have no problem downloading updates until early 2006.

francois

maxthon is not bad but still run with IE engine(borrowed to the winddows IE installed)

????

just downloaded it without a verification just follow the link above, if still want to use MSIE

I hesitated about changin browsers, but now I have Opera and it rocks.

Fasts browser available(supposedly), easier to use than Internet Exploiter, and compared to the spyware i used to get with IE, much safer and cleaner. I gt about 1/4 of the spyware when I use Opera. Unfortunately, somethings, like Yahoo! Games, seem to work better on IE. But for 95% I like Opera

francois

????

just downloaded it without a verification just follow the link above, if still want to use MSIE

because you login outside US and /or EU ...

try to get their photo stuff, and tell me if theire is nothing asking you to validate first.

francois

If you run Windows update it should find seven new security downloads.  Download and install.  Actually worked for me. :D

Am sure if you wait a day or two they will automatically download if you have system set up for that option.

Yes - I got all 7 automatically about 5 hours ago. No problems so far. :o

francois

make your choice :D

????

because you login outside US and /or EU ...

try to get their photo stuff, and tell me if theire is nothing asking you to validate first.

francois

:o for that answer

As said in another tread:\

Do NOT download the MS update KB890859.

It's not compatible with some hardware (Thai mother boards) , and will make your system to reboot into infinity...

You have a Thai mother board? Was not aware there were such things. Believe most boards are from Taiwan. At any rate did not have any problem with the old mother of a VZiO I am using. ((yet)) :o

Microsoft on Tuesday released 10 advisories to cover a slew of security flaws in a range of products, including a "critical" cumulative update for the Internet Explorer browser.

Three of the 10 bulletins are rated "critical," the company's highest severity rating.

The IE fix, covered in MS MS05-025, corrects a remote code-execution vulnerability that exists due to the way the browser handles PNG (Portable Network Graphics) files.

see the full article here

visit microsoft here

I'm sure bangbuathong advice was meant in good intensions,but I've screwed my PC,only a full re-install is going to work,they have told me at Tukcom you cannot update a copy vertion of Windows,not as per the advice in this thread.I took it to 2 diffirent places,and they both said its happens many times,Windows will just keep re-booting,and you can't get out of it.

Ok some might say, serves you right for not buying the original,but thats my choosing,not many residents here have the original anyway.

I'm sure bangbuathong advice was meant in good intensions,but I've screwed my PC,only a full re-install is going to work,they have told me at Tukcom you cannot update a copy vertion of Windows,not as per the advice in this thread.I took it to 2 diffirent places,and they both said its happens many times,Windows will just keep re-booting,and you can't get out of it.

Ok some might say, serves you right for not buying the original,but thats my choosing,not many residents here have the original anyway.

odd, as i run a copy as well as an original on 2 differnt computers, and no probs

Can you boot using your (local) Windows XP CD and then use recovery console to remove the update?  Set your CD as the boot device in your BIOS setup and use procedure HERE

Its ok now thanks,I'm re-installed,sometimes it nice to start from scratch.That probanly would have worked lopburi.

bangbuathong

Maybe the copy I had was incompatible,anyway never mind it done now and I've got 110 MB of free space to play with.