90 Day Reporting

I've forgotten the rules on this so maybe someone could help.

My 90 report date is 30th May. This is a Sunday.

Should I report on Friday 28th or would Monday 31st be OK?

It says on the slip in my passport everyday late incurs a 5000 baht fine

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned correctly above, you have a 7-day window on either side of the reporting date. However, your comment about the fine is puzzling. According to the Immigration Department website, the fine is only 2,000 baht.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

Also note that you do not need to report in person, yourself. You have several options:

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

Also, for those new to the extension process, your first application for extension of stay by is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Maybe go on Thursday 27th May as Friday 28th it is a Public Holiday :D I think as my Thai Calender tells me:- :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visakha Puja Day marks the three important incidents in the life of Lord Buddha on the same day - the full moon of the sixth lunar month. The three significant separate event are :

1. The Buddha's Birth - the Buddha was born into a royal warrior clan in the Lumbini Garden (in an area of Northern India known today as Nepal) In the morning of the Vesak full moon day, 80 years before the Buddhist Era. He was named Siddhattha five days after his birth.

2. "The Enlightenment of Buddha - While sitting under the Bodhi tree, he found his answer and attained the enlightenment at the age of 35 years at Uruvelasenanigama subdistrict, Magadha state, (nowadays, located in the area of Buddha Kaya, Bihar State, India), on Wednesday, the Vesak full moon day, the zodiac of the cock, forty five years before the Buddhist Era.

3. The Nibbana - The Buddha passed away on Tuesday, the Vesak full moon day in the zodiac year of the small snake under the two Sal trees in the Sala Grove of the Mallas in Kusinara, the capital of the Malla state, (nowadays located in Kusinagara of Uttrarapradesa, India) at the age of eighty years (around 2547 years ago).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sawadee :D

Below is the law - the normal fine is indeed 2k but it could be up to 5k

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Below is the law - the normal fine is indeed 2k but it could be up to 5k
Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Correct, Immigration don't seem to keep their website up to date :)

Image from a slip in my passport

post-4090-1274713639_thumb.jpg

As mentioned correctly above, you have a 7-day window on either side of the reporting date. However, your comment about the fine is puzzling. According to the Immigration Department website, the fine is only 2,000 baht.
If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

Also note that you do not need to report in person, yourself. You have several options:

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

Also, for those new to the extension process, your first application for extension of stay by is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Where does one get the form to do the 90 day reporting by mail? Can it be printed from the immigration website?

Maybe go on Thursday 27th May as Friday 28th it is a Public Holiday :D I think as my Thai Calender tells me:- :)

Visakha Puja Day marks the three important incidents in the life of Lord Buddha on the same day - the full moon of the sixth lunar month. The three significant separate event are :

1. The Buddha's Birth - the Buddha was born into a royal warrior clan in the Lumbini Garden (in an area of Northern India known today as Nepal) In the morning of the Vesak full moon day, 80 years before the Buddhist Era. He was named Siddhattha five days after his birth.

2. "The Enlightenment of Buddha - While sitting under the Bodhi tree, he found his answer and attained the enlightenment at the age of 35 years at Uruvelasenanigama subdistrict, Magadha state, (nowadays, located in the area of Buddha Kaya, Bihar State, India), on Wednesday, the Vesak full moon day, the zodiac of the cock, forty five years before the Buddhist Era.

3. The Nibbana - The Buddha passed away on Tuesday, the Vesak full moon day in the zodiac year of the small snake under the two Sal trees in the Sala Grove of the Mallas in Kusinara, the capital of the Malla state, (nowadays located in Kusinagara of Uttrarapradesa, India) at the age of eighty years (around 2547 years ago).

Sawadee :D

Yes,thank you. I also noticed after posting that it won't be open on friday. If there is a window of 7 days either side I will go thursday.. :D

Unfortunately they will stamp your future "report date" as being 90 days from the day you actually report. Meaning that if you always report 7 days early, then in one year, you will have lost a whole month of time on your side. This means in 10 years, you will have paid almost 300 baht more for postage than you would have to otherwise.

Signed,

Cheap Charlie

:)

Yes or you can look at pinned items at top of visa thread and under useful information will be a link to all types of forums for download.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/-downloads-cat6.html

I have been looking at the various forms that can be downloaded I cannot seem to find the one for 90 day reporting, does it have another name? Would anyone know the name of it TM??? Thanks.

Yes or you can look at pinned items at top of visa thread and under useful information will be a link to all types of forums for download.

I have been looking at the various forms that can be downloaded I cannot seem to find the one for 90 day reporting, does it have another name? Would anyone know the name of it TM??? Thanks.

TM47

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm47.doc

TM47

Thanks got it your a great help and fast.

Unfortunately they will stamp your future "report date" as being 90 days from the day you actually report. Meaning that if you always report 7 days early, then in one year, you will have lost a whole month of time on your side. This means in 10 years, you will have paid almost 300 baht more for postage than you would have to otherwise.

Signed,

Cheap Charlie

:)

Last time I reported five days after the date but they still stamped the next 90days as from the original date. So it seems you should neither lose nor gain if using the 7 days windows.

I always try to take advantage of as much of the 7 day grace period as possible. I reported yesterday at Pattaya/Jomtien/Chonburi Immigration, 6 days after the specified reporting day - no problem or questions - took 5 minutes and I received the full 90 days extension to Aug. 22 -- Ironically, Aug. 22 is a Sunday and they won't be open.

Best to check the Thai calendar at ThaiVisa.com before reporting late so you don't arrive there on one of the numerous Thai Holidays.

Does this mean I can make the report for myself and my dendent spouse at the same time without her attendence? Would she need to sign a note of authorisation?

TM47

Thanks got it your a great help and fast.

Does immigration send you a letter to confirm receipt of the TM 47 document?

Signed,

Cheap Charlie

:D

Last time I reported five days after the date but they still stamped the next 90days as from the original date. So it seems you should neither lose nor gain if using the 7 days windows.

Mukdahan, Khon Kaen, and Nong Khai stamp it 90 days from receipt of your 90-day report form. So, the application of the future "date due" is inconsistently applied among the immigration offices, apparently. What a surprise. :)

Does immigration send you a letter to confirm receipt of the TM 47 document?

They do if you enclose a stamp addressed envelope.

Mine was due in Chiang Mai on the 22nd, so effectively the 2st. I mailed it on the 14th ('cause I didn't want to be in any cities midst the protests) and EMS tracked it as delivered on the 17th. I've still not received my receipt via the stamped self addressed envelope and my extension is due soon. Anyone been through this? I did make digital copies of the receipt mailed in, and can print the EMS tracking sheet, but wonder what is typical as the turnaround time via mail to Chiang Mai ??

Signed,

Cheap Charlie

Thanks Charlie!!

If only I'd read this before I would have gone on monday. Now I don't know where I'm gonna get my 15 baht back from!

My 90 days now ends on 24 august instead of 28th.

I'm gonna go sit outside 7-11 with a cup and a sign, see if I can get my money back.. :)

kee neeow

Due to blithering incompetance on my part I went for years not even knowing about this requirement until one day it was picked up when going for a work permit. Cost me 2000 baht. Then recently I forgot about it again. My wife went out to Chang Whattana and completed the process for me & because I was only a day late there was no charge. Personally I think the main purpose of this requirement is to keep some people employed.

The Phuket immigration office pinned a small notice to my extension renewal. It had a date on it by which I had to report my address and it also said that failure to do so would incur a fine of 5,000 baht and a further fine of 200 baht for each day after until the law was complied with. I understand that everyone in Phuket is getting this version.

However, if like me, you go out fairly regularly to local countries on a multiple entry/re-entry visa, the 90 days starts from the date on the arrival stamp in your passport. So it is possible not to have to report at all.

However, if like me, you go out fairly regularly to local countries on a multiple entry/re-entry visa, the 90 days starts from the date on the arrival stamp in your passport. So it is possible not to have to report at all.

This wasn't the case for me when I re-entered through Chiang Mai airport from KUL. Still had to report, the following week as it was.

I think this is another inconsistency.

This wasn't the case for me when I re-entered through Chiang Mai airport from KUL. Still had to report, the following week as it was.

I think this is another inconsistency.

The 90 days start again on the day you re enter.

Always a 7 day window so doesn't matter when you turn up within those 14 days early or late. Can report at any immigration office within the kingdom so if you forget to do it before leaving on holiday within Thailand just make sure you have your passport. If you are late of more than 7 days then the fine is 500B a day upto a maximum of 20000B even if you overstay by 1 year. However if you don't have the 20000B be prepaired to be on the next flight out as they will deport you. Pay the 20000B and they'll give you a 1 month visa to get your paperwork in order so you can apply afresh.

What Charlie said on a previous post is wrong as your visa runs out on the date given so one year after you first applied for it to the day regardless of registering 7 days early or 7 days late for your 90 day segments it makes no difference as to when you will have to reapply for your annual non-immigrant. You pay for a full year and that's what you get!

Edited by Jirapa