Insulation In Sakon Nakhon

longstebe

To my fellow Sakon Nakhon friends or anyone nearby,

I'm looking for a place that sells some type of insulation for my dropped ceiling.

Do they sell rockwool or is there something better?

It may be a little awkward to install due to the steel wire hanging from roof tiles but I'm sure it can be done.

The wife has just installed an A/C unit so I'm looking to save some money (of course).

Check out the CPAC roof systems at your nearest Home Mart or on line. They have all sorts of insulation for use at tile level and on top of your suspended ceiling. We used the full CPAC Monier system with insulation at both levels and an extractor fan to remove hot air from the roof space in the evening and it works a treat.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a word of caution about rockwall, i have it above the bedroom ceiling i had a problem with some critter (don't know if it was a rat or a mouse but they make excellent nest materiel which i find hard to understand any rodent wanting to stay up their in that sort of heat, they were either taking the fibre glass materiel away or just sleeping up there during the cooler night time period.

Any way it might be some thing to consider.

Regards

TB

• 2 weeks later...

Insulation is NO solution for a leaking roof. Find the problem and repair it. Rooftiles are cheap. When the roof goes down more and more you will never find the spot or it will cost you much more. And the water will get through the insulation on the long run. Check your roof first.