Expat Interior Designer Salary?

Hey guys

Could anyone give me an idea for an expat interior design salary in thailand. I've searched loads but can only find thai salaries. What is the average for a farang? I just want an idea before i attend an interview.

thanks a lot guys

spurs

Wouldn't an expat salary be similar to what one would receive from their own country, with housing/vehicle/relocation additions.

Yes, a good guide is what you would get at home plus, plus, depending on tax advantages also.

Yeap....home salary + 15-20% (this could also be compensated by reduced tax rate)....+ other bits and pieces you can get your hands on....housing/car etc

It really depends on the job description.Are you going to be an in house designer part of a team (see what area you'll be covering) or you'll be "The Designer" for all projects of that company? Do you have to do your outsourcing for your projects? Have you a list of suppliers manufacturers?

I'm doing interior design and also full complete renovation work for all budgets, but never tried to get a job locally.

Wish you good luck.

If the position is advertised in Thailand with the intention of employing a person that is already here, you could expect a basic of approx 40k plus maybe some commision. If it is advertised in Europe etc and you are relocating, then yes you could expect a lot more.

my guy is charging 60k for the house and doing a mighty fine job and will attempt to upsell me on his custom in built furniture so that is somehow woven into the price

generally I am pleased.

Is that a salary of 60k a day? a month? or a year?