Thai Yai No Id Card

My name is Matthew I have a Wife who i Married Last year in Thailand. My wife is Thai Yai she Does not have a Thai id Card She was Born in Burma. and has lived in Maehongson for 17 years. I have had two Beautiful Girls with My Wife Nong-Mae who is 4 and amy who was born in march just gone, I have not seen Amy yet as I'am stuck in The U.k trying to save up to see here. I have gone to the Embassy in Chiang-Mai to get My First born Dual nationality but becuase My wife has no surname they refused, This reguest. I hope to get them all to England. Has anyone gone through this Process of geting a Thai yai Shan to the u.k . I miss my wife and kids it is upseting for them and me when i have to leave for England, I Have Done my best for them They live in a good house in Maehongson and i send money every month. I just want them here. :)

you might need to consult lawyer in thailand for her to get a ID Card, but it will be quite difficult and expensive. because she's like a alien getting a ID Card. alot of proves will be needed. there's a legal section forum over here. you can try to call them up and check.

The first thing you needs to do is get the wifes home registration from Burma. This is usually held by the head of family. Does she still have family in Burma?

I'll send you a Private Message with some info.

Edited by sceadugenga

Not sure why you could not get a British birth certificate and passport for your eldest, nor why you should have any difficulty doing so for the youngest. Are you named as the father on their birth certificates? There is no British embassy in Chiang Mai, just an Honorary Consulate. If he is unable to help, try contacting the actual embassy in Bangkok, see How to register a birth.

Normally a Thai national would have to provide a copy of their ID card with a UK visa application, but I'm sure if you explain the circumstances she would be OK. I am sure that the embassy have come across this situation before.

For the actual process of obtaining a settlement visa, see Settlement, Spouses and Maintenance and accommodation.

For where and how to apply, including details of how to obtain the required TB certificate, see Official UK visa application website in Thailand.

Obviously, to obtain a visa she will first need a passport, does she have one?

Assuming you can obtain British passports for your daughters then they will not, of course, need visas to live in the UK.

I have experience in bringing my son and gf, who has no thai citizenship, to Germany.

First your wife must have some kind of ID, maybe not the blue one the citizens get, but a white, pink or green one.

I wonder how you could get married if your wife has no ID, even if the amphur would agree to marry her, you as a foreigner would need to supply some freedom to marry certificate, which you cannot get, if your wife has no ID.

If your wife is a legal alien resident, she should be able to get this http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2496 from the mfa in bkk, which she could use to travel to Europe eventually.

If your wife is not legal, your daughters will not have thai citizenship, what does the birth certificate say?

Also it would have been useful if you had been able to register your daughters births at the amphur. Who did it?

Are you the legal father of your first daughter? If not you should sue in family court.