Where Can I Unlock I-phone 3gs In Chiang Mai

terara

I bought i-phone 3GS 16G from The US around the beginning of May. I took it to the phone shop at Central Kad-Suan Keaw. They could not unlock and said I have to wait for 2 months because it has a new version of software. If anybody has an information where can I unlock i-phone 3GS, could you please advice? Thanks.

I usually take mine to a small counter/shop on third floor of airport plaza just as you walk into the mobile phone section (above Northern Village), it's on the left hand side. In the past they've told me that sometimes I have to wait a few days while they get the latest software version from Bangkok, but usually not 2 months.

Few months ago, I went to the sort of Apple Store (maybe called "MacStore" or something like that) in Central Airport Plaza (iPhone 3GS from Europe)

It costed me 1000 baths and 1 hour to unlock it.

If you are running 3.1.3 firmware you may as well forget it for a while yet. It can't be done yet at all as far as I'm aware. There are many web sited claiming to have the software for it but if you read reviews it would appear that none work.

I've tried numerous places all over town since mid march and it's always 2 weeks or 1 month etc.

Very few of the people in the shops will actually admit that they can't do it and have no idea when they will be able to .... losing face and all that sort of thing i think.

Like me though, you have a nice shiney iPod touch :)

To check which version you have select "settings" - "general" - "about" and go down to version.

You will probably see 3.1.3 then some other information relating to the phones home region i.e. Europe, Asia, US etc but not 100% exactly sure how that bit is used.

If you do find somewhere please update me as they will have at least one more customer.

Thanks & Good Luck with it.

I bought an I-phone a couple of months ago. I really like their thinking about formating the programs...

But 2 weeks after buying it, the graphics starting doing crazy stuff, and becoming unusable.

Anyone else have any problems with their I-phone??

Type in "iphone dev team" into google, and the first result is what you want to read. That blog will have updates about when or if they have been able to crack the 3gs yet and how to do it yourself.

READ EVERYTHING relating to the 3gs on that blog (including every post about 3gs in the archives) so you have a full understanding of where the unlocking is at, and how or if it even works for 3gs atm.

These guys seem to be the main guys working on unlocking, im not aware of any others anyway, everyone else just seems to be trying to sell what these guys give you for free.

I bought an I-phone a couple of months ago. I really like their thinking about formating the programs...

But 2 weeks after buying it, the graphics starting doing crazy stuff, and becoming unusable.

Anyone else have any problems with their I-phone??

Sounds like you must have bought it in Mae Sai or from China otherwise if it's new from a legite dealer you would simply take it back and get a new one no?

Type in "iphone dev team" into google, and the first result is what you want to read. That blog will have updates about when or if they have been able to crack the 3gs yet and how to do it yourself.

READ EVERYTHING relating to the 3gs on that blog (including every post about 3gs in the archives) so you have a full understanding of where the unlocking is at, and how or if it even works for 3gs atm.

These guys seem to be the main guys working on unlocking, im not aware of any others anyway, everyone else just seems to be trying to sell what these guys give you for free.

Interesting site but the first paragraph is

"WARNING! At 10.30AM PST on February 2nd 2010 Apple released the 3.1.3 version (7E18) of the iPhoneOS.

If you care about your jailbreak and unlock, don’t update your device - 3G and 3G(S) owners should pay particular attention to this warning.

• PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.3
  • There is no estimated release time for compatible tools (please don’t bug us about this).
  • Any information we have regarding this update will be posted here.
  • You can also follow us on twitter - @iphone_dev "

So as mentioned earlier, don't be quick to waste your money over the net just yet.