Thai Court Approves Arrest Warrant Against Thaksin On Terrorism Charge

webfact

Terrorist charges or not. That's just words. Every country, which would (hypothetically) arrest Thaksin will examine the facts the Thai prosecutor has collected and decide whether or not - under the national laws - these facts are sufficient to extradite Thaksin. And for this, they will not apply Thai law, but their own national laws and practice. A further question to deal with by the country arresting Thaksin is whether or not Thaksin will have a fair trial. Some countries will not extradite if the capital punishment would be applied by Thailand.

So I am not sure if these so-called Terrorist charges are really any progress in finally bringing Thaksin to a court.

thanks for the corporate jargon, but I am sure it will make waves, just google it.

A fair trial? The man evaded his last trials!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

name='saintofsilence' post='3640839' date='2010-05-25 14:16:02'

How wrong you are , He is on terrorism charges I would say he will be arrested in days not months.

I hope you are right but the arrest warant isn't issued by an international court is it?

Don't you think the international community has to recognize the arrest warrant first?

Correct. Thailand does not recognise any jurisdiction outside the Kingdom of Thailand thus is reciprocated so to be able to enact an arrest this must be approved by say Interpol. But one thing for certain - try him in the Hague cos you bring h\im home - all hel_l will break loose.

The international police (Interpol) cannot get involved unless the case is first presented to them by the Thai police. Everyone is waiting to see what the Thai police will do.

It hardly matters whether Thanksin is or isn't extradited. The Red Shirt movement will grow in strength and eventually their demands will need to be accommodated.

:) Sure they took a big step towards that last week when they burnt down 30+ buildings and left thousands of working class BKK people out of work! Who wouldn't want to back that kind of movement? All of Thailand is thrilled with the way they handled themsleves haven't you seen the praise they are getting :D:D Will grow in strenth :D it seems to have self destructed! where do you people come from?

Obviously you are running on emotion. The prior poster is correct, red idealism or the movement will eventually grow. Bangkok is not Thailand. I do hope there is no further chaos, but the door was opened for "Red Thought" by the Military coup. Repression by the government will only lead to more confrontations. It is time to address the needs of all Thailand not just Bangkok and I believe Abhisit knows this. I do believe he has the smarts and the will to lead Thailand into a new era.

Nobody cares!!!!!! Thailand has a terrible reputation for human rights and lies!! He can go anywhere and everywhere! The Western world love an underdog fighting against an oppressive junta!

:D There are quite a few places where he couldn't go BEFORE today. Today will add significantly to the list. The western world know there is no "Junta" here and all the governments recognize the government of Thailand. What Western countries HATE are corrupt leaders and since Thaksin is already convicted of corruption and now a wanted terrorist ...... Poof ..... there goes those shopping trips to Louis Vuitton in Paris.

convicted by courts put there by the same elite that overthrown him with a coup....(actually two)

:D

:)

Wrong on both counts. Not to mention the facts that he wasn't an elected official when he was ousted etc etc etc.... AND that he has the additional civil conviction when his assets were seized. He is welcome to come back and fight for all he's worth but then all the other charges against him can go forward.

BTW are you now saying the Gen. Sonthi is "elite"? Are you also implying that Thaksin is not "elite"?

I love the Reds on here that forget what Thaksin did that destroyed Democracy in Thailand and led to the coup .... always good for a laugh! Next it'll be "but the PAD..."

There's a number of ways to look at this.

1) While the warrant was issued in Thailand, a lot of countries pretty much consider Thailand as not much better than some Banana Republics, and therefore not pay much attention to this warrant.

2) Even should they recognize it, that does not mean that if he were apprehended that the country which apprehended him, or even if it is Interpol, will be willing to extradite him, as many, if not most civilized countries will not extradite someone who faces a possible death sentence if returned to their country of origin which has issued the warrant.

3) While this undoubtedly place some "pressure" on him, it hardly stops him in his tracks, as there are still a whole list of countries who will still allow him to come and go freely, based on their own corruption, and his financial contributions to it.

In my opinion, bringing Thaksin back to Thailand would be a major mistake by the current government. That would put the hero of the Reds on their soil, and they would probably storm any prison or jail he was being kept in, or at least attempt to. And should he die, whether by true accident or something like a heart attack, while in custody, the entire world would be suspicious, and the Reds would truly rampage then. What we saw in BKK and the provinces with fires and arson would look like a Sunday picnic and this country would go up in flames.

To me, the best thing this government could do is make Thaksin a "non issue", stop putting him on the front page every day, and stop trying to blame everything on him. Make him a non entity that doesn't exist. They have themselves to blame, in some ways, for continuing to make him an issue. My advice to the government: "Forget about him and get on with business".

But, hey, to me that would make sense, and everyone knows that "sense" is something in seriously short supply of here.

Totally agree ....

Edited by klaus303

So interesting to hear on BBC Radio news a Mr Bob Amsterdam an American, USA, one of Thaksins Lawyers for English speaking propoganda purposes talking about how dreadful the current government is and that his "boss" is the most popular Politician in Thailand, also the Red shirts were only ever interested in bringing democracy to Thailand.

The most riddled with innaccurate rubbish yet to be heard. Although the funniest part was about Thaksin "so popular in thailand" :) .

He can come back any time he wants to see the populist bouquets reign upon him. :D

Lawyers = Issan whores

Pay them enough and they'll do anything you ask.

nice analogy! Guess we've had similar experiences. They'll sell their souls for the dough.

Actually working girls from Issan are much, much, nicer people by far.

The're just dead broke with families to feed and houses to roof over.

As opposed to just making a killing defending what ever scum has the cash.

So interesting to hear on BBC Radio news a Mr Bob Amsterdam an American, USA, one of Thaksins Lawyers for English speaking propoganda purposes talking about how dreadful the current government is and that his "boss" is the most popular Politician in Thailand, also the Red shirts were only ever interested in bringing democracy to Thailand.

The most riddled with innaccurate rubbish yet to be heard. Although the funniest part was about Thaksin "so popular in thailand" :) .

He can come back any time he wants to see the populist bouquets reign upon him. :D

He's Canadian, you can't blame the US for this particular ambulance chaser. :D

PS: Here's a wonderful line from his wiki entry:

"Amsterdam was admitted to the Canadian Bar in 1980 and he is also admitted as a solicitor in London, United Kingdom. He has fraudulently claimed to be a member of the New York Bar Association"

According to this article, he is more of a PR guy than a real lawyer:

Q-Magazine article

Or more aptly and likely a 'Perception Management Professional'.

Creating an reworking images for those the most NEED a remake.

A dedicated purveyor from Trolls-R-Us,

telling people how to think for generations!

Adding lawyer just allegedly gives the patina of legitimacy,

if not the substance.

"Destiny. A tyrant's authority for crime and a fool's excuse for failure."

Ambrose Bierce

~ No man is great enough or wise enough for any of us to surrender our destiny to.

The only way in which anyone can lead us is to restore to us the belief in our own guidance.~

Henry Miller

Edited by animatic

There's a number of ways to look at this.

1) While the warrant was issued in Thailand, a lot of countries pretty much consider Thailand as not much better than some Banana Republics, and therefore not pay much attention to this warrant.

2) Even should they recognize it, that does not mean that if he were apprehended that the country which apprehended him, or even if it is Interpol, will be willing to extradite him, as many, if not most civilized countries will not extradite someone who faces a possible death sentence if returned to their country of origin which has issued the warrant.

3) While this undoubtedly place some "pressure" on him, it hardly stops him in his tracks, as there are still a whole list of countries who will still allow him to come and go freely, based on their own corruption, and his financial contributions to it.

In my opinion, bringing Thaksin back to Thailand would be a major mistake by the current government. That would put the hero of the Reds on their soil, and they would probably storm any prison or jail he was being kept in, or at least attempt to. And should he die, whether by true accident or something like a heart attack, while in custody, the entire world would be suspicious, and the Reds would truly rampage then. What we saw in BKK and the provinces with fires and arson would look like a Sunday picnic and this country would go up in flames.

To me, the best thing this government could do is make Thaksin a "non issue", stop putting him on the front page every day, and stop trying to blame everything on him. Make him a non entity that doesn't exist. They have themselves to blame, in some ways, for continuing to make him an issue. My advice to the government: "Forget about him and get on with business".

But, hey, to me that would make sense, and everyone knows that "sense" is something in seriously short supply of here.

Totally agree ....

That last thing Thaksin will allow is to be 'Put On Ignore'.

Can't happen. He would create something to make news.

In fact he really has never stopped that for 2-3 years now.

Edited by animatic

France is harboring a known Thai Fugitives

He left. He's jumped from 1st tier nation to 3rd tier nation to join his reassembled brood, but is even leaving there today for, perhaps, a 4th tier nation? Liberia next? His warrant today may be having a rather immediate effect.

Ex-Thai PM Thaksin back in Montenegro

AFP 2010-05-25 17:05

PODGORICA, May 25 (AFP) - Thailand's fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra is back in the Balkans state of Montenegro with his family, a Montenegrin source close to Thaksin said Tuesday.

News of Thaksin's whereabouts came hours after a Thai court approved an arrest warrant for Shinawatra on terrorism charges in connection with recent violent protests in Thailand which left more than 80 people dead.

"He arrived in Montenegro Monday and will leave today (Tuesday)," the source told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Local media said he was staying in the coastal town of Budva on his third visit to Montenegro in recent months.

Thaksin first surfaced in Montenegro in March and the authorities promptly issued him with a Montenegrin passport.

The government has said he is working on "very important projects for Montenegro."

Montenegro has a policy of not extraditing its citizens wanted in other countries.

The last time he was in Montenegro in April, Thaksin confirmed he was in contact with the opposition in his country and urged his supporters to "fight for democracy and justice".

Current prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's government has accused Thaksin of inciting unrest and bankrolling the mass rallies by the opposition "Red Shirts", many of whom seek Thaksin's return.

If found guilty of that charge Thaksin could face the death penalty.

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/39529

Ok, everybody take a deep breath and calm down. Calling Thaksin a terrorist now, after he's been aiding and funding terrorist activities in Thailand for several years, is a bit behind the old 8 ball. Oh well, I guess it's better late than never.

This is what I predict: Thaksin will fly around as usual in his private jet. More often than not, he will be denied landing rights. Then he'll go on to another airport in another country. Kadhafi should welcome him with open arms. Probably same for Sudan. Birds of a feather flock together.

Plus, T probably still has a diplomatic passport from Nicaragua. A diplomatic passport is rather impressive for officials at most ports of entry. Thanks Ortega, you really got suckered in by Thaksin's charms. How much has T invested in Nicaragua since the big promises, I wonder.

The international police (Interpol) cannot get involved unless the case is first presented to them by the Thai police. Everyone is waiting to see what the Thai police will do.

Uh oh. Thai police. Are those the same fellows who fraternize with people whom they know have warrants out for their arrest? Payap and his Red goons storming the hospital recently - comes to mind.

And please list which countries, besides Cambodia, have stated,

for the record, they don not recognize Abhisit as legal PM of Thailand.

please list the countries that have Thaksin as a known 'terrorist'. With links and substantiated proof! Not, just the Nation or Bangkok Post

Actually you'll find that any country that has diplomatic ties with Thailand will have a hard time saying anything to contradict the official Thailand stance. In the world arena they have certain rules they must play by and when something as important as a warrant for terrorism is put forth, they will either tell him to get lost (and quickly), serve him up, or sever diplomatic ties. The first two are easy, but the last option,. severing ties is really not done lightly, and more is at stake than a single person.

Diplomacy is like Karma. It can bit you real hard on the ass.

Ok, everybody take a deep breath and calm down. Calling Thaksin a terrorist now, after he's been aiding and funding terrorist activities in Thailand for several years, is a bit behind the old 8 ball. Oh well, I guess it's better late than never.

This is what I predict: Thaksin will fly around as usual in his private jet. More often than not, he will be denied landing rights. Then he'll go on to another airport in another country. Kadhafi should welcome him with open arms. Probably same for Sudan. Birds of a feather flock together.

Plus, T probably still has a diplomatic passport from Nicaragua. A diplomatic passport is rather impressive for officials at most ports of entry. Thanks Ortega, you really got suckered in by Thaksin's charms. How much has T invested in Nicaragua since the big promises, I wonder.

Uh oh. Thai police. Are those the same fellows who fraternize with people whom they know have warrants out for their arrest? Payap and his Red goons storming the hospital recently - comes to mind.

and those are the same guys who support him when he gave the police a lot of power during his time. and the same guys who just moved outta the way on Wireless Rd when the Reds came in to town. Uh oh.

first, we could rather ignore the effect of the Thai police, as they had been proven completely 'us_less' in the last couple of weeks.

the approval of terrorist warrant is a bit of hype ( that is also good ) ! be a very pragmetic view, it asks Mr T for more 'inconvenience' rather than 'incapability' of future damage. a man as such, he has more solutions than we could think of.

yeah, his private jet could still fly over the land of smile and could land at Cambodia anytime. a part of fact annoys us but we cant do anything about it !

A lot of people on this thread are not taking these terrorism charges serious enough , wait a few days and this will spread world wide , governments will not stand back anywhere.

He is charged with Terrorism , there is a lot of people dead the city has been burnt ,and bombings have occurred innocent people shot and it is alleged that he has funded it.

I would expect him to be arrested within the next 14 days and he is most likely being followed now. :)

The Red Shirt cause will go on without Thaksin.

And well it should. The big difference is that without anybody to subvert the cause, any future protests and such will truly represent the wishes of the Northern rural people. They will be well received once they shed the baggage they have been carrying with respect to returning Mr. T to power. I think people are sympathetic to the plight of the rural people but really strenuously objected to a return of the guy who was convicted for corruption.

Nobody cares!!!!!! Thailand has a terrible reputation for human rights and lies!! He can go anywhere and everywhere! The Western world love an underdog fighting against an oppressive junta!

:D There are quite a few places where he couldn't go BEFORE today. Today will add significantly to the list. The western world know there is no "Junta" here and all the governments recognize the government of Thailand. What Western countries HATE are corrupt leaders and since Thaksin is already convicted of corruption and now a wanted terrorist ...... Poof ..... there goes those shopping trips to Louis Vuitton in Paris.

convicted by courts put there by the same elite that overthrown him with a coup....(actually two)

:D

:)

Wrong on both counts. Not to mention the facts that he wasn't an elected official when he was ousted etc etc etc.... AND that he has the additional civil conviction when his assets were seized. He is welcome to come back and fight for all he's worth but then all the other charges against him can go forward.

BTW are you now saying the Gen. Sonthi is "elite"? Are you also implying that Thaksin is not "elite"?

I love the Reds on here that forget what Thaksin did that destroyed Democracy in Thailand and led to the coup .... always good for a laugh! Next it'll be "but the PAD..."

Relax guys, the PAD photos that the whole world have seen are part of the evidence that there are no courts in Thailand, just the lackeys of the Elite.

Outside of a few overheated thaksin haters in Thailand, a tiny part of evidence would be to contrast the reds processed by the courts and the PAD. Also contrast the media crackdown with the ASTV and Nation network spewing bile with the same lackeys consent.

The people of Bangkok are trying to forget there is a country outside of their stinking fetid city already. But with 90 dead, human rights groups (I work for one!) in 100% agreement that this is a failing regime using the full war aparatus against its people, there is more chance of a TAN journalist winning a pulitzer prize than Thaksin coming back in chains.

In a court outside Thailand, the evidence will be studied (probably to howls of laughter) and discarded. Sorry, but thats how free and fair justice systems work. I know it is shocking, but Abhisits masters will not be able to buy the european court of Justice.

Oh yes it does.

Campaigning for someone convicted of corruption is one thing.

Also supporting the same person on terrorist charges will give even the forum Thaksin red apologists a few difficulties.

Not really, other countries will look at evidence before extradition, there will need to be hearings and most importantly they will look at if the charges are politically motivated and look at the likelihood of a fair trial.

all in all, same same, other countries will do exactly the same as they have been doing, sorry to burst your bubble.

anti-terrorisnm conventions work on trying to make sure the poltically motivated notion is not allowed to interfere which is why these charegs are serious and why Amsterdam is going completely overboard. They also place obligations on countries to either extradite or prosecute themselves and at least encourage the arrestign state to look fo revidence for prosecution or extradition. We are talking about the lwaws the world has recently been finetuning to remove any form of obstruction of moving forward. This is not a case of arguing some criminal or corruption case is poltically motivated.

Do your homework then come back and chat, just because you want something to be a fact does not make it a fact. What the Thais consider terrorist will be seen as civil disobedience in many countries, the thais have thrown this word around too much, and while that has brainwashed some here foreign countries will see it for what it is and demand evidence, kasit calling him a terrorist does not make him one, the evidence will have to prove it. Luckily in the civilised world they are not prone to mass hysteria like this forum is, it is simply an allegation that needs to be proven.

Civil disobedience is crossing the street against a "Don't Walk" sign. Financing a riot to bring down a Government is a bit more serious. Dontcha think?

And well it should. The big difference is that without anybody to subvert the cause, any future protests and such will truly represent the wishes of the Northern rural people. They will be well received once they shed the baggage they have been carrying with respect to returning Mr. T to power. I think people are sympathetic to the plight of the rural people but really strenuously objected to a return of the guy who was convicted for corruption.

reds is just one of the core mechanism of the anti-government movement and the opposition ! yeah, Mr T funded the reds yet he is smart enough not directly from his own accounts. the terrorist title won't change this mechanism.

there are LOT of polticians, MPs and other organisations till on the side of Mr T. they are still be funded one way or another. they still perform their anti-government agenda one way or another.

the current government still very fragile, perhaps not robust enough to 'push over' all this friendly opposition.

The people of Bangkok are trying to forget there is a country outside of their stinking fetid city already. But with 90 dead, human rights groups (I work for one!) in 100% agreement that this is a failing regime using the full war aparatus against its people, there is more chance of a TAN journalist winning a pulitzer prize than Thaksin coming back in chains.

Good God !!

Welcome back, interesting new username

Good God !!

Welcome back, interesting new username

Save your welcomes for Mr Thaksin when he comes back. From what I have seen today, all this junta grandstanding has done is put him back on the stage with the media printing and reporting his replys to the charges. I have not seen much of the man but today he is everywhere, on every tv channel, every news forum, every newspaper. Many mentions of the coup, Abhisits none electability and the Elite control of media, courts, army and politicians.

It wasn't even a good try, it was just another ill thought out desperate attack on a popular politician.

Welcome to my world

Thaksin certainly knew about the coordinated fire attacks. The terrorist label is warranted. Will probably restrict his movements, but he will not set foot on Thai soil again, during his lifetime, that is a certainty.
If you suspect a crime is going to occur, are you legally obligated to call the police? I don't think so. Pardon, under most jurisdictions it is the duty of any citizen, who has reason to believe a crime is to be committed to alert the authorities. Indeed failure so to do can lead to charges being brought.

Thaksin may be many things but I don't think he's dumb enough to involve himself in planning arson or violent attacks. He didn't want to be branded a terrorist and face extradition.However if his expectation was that the government would fold, maybe he thought such extreme measures would force just such a failure, and he could arrive riding his white private plane as saviour. Tragically, it's not so out of character for him

Regards

In the U.S., there's no legal obligation to report a crime, let alone the suspicion something criminal could happen. There's no obligation in the U.K. either. The law could be different in Thailand.

Actually, I think the Red Shirts would be better off if Thaksin was in jail or dead. They don't need him. Then the government would only have itself to blame for their failure to address Thailand's problems.

Edited by misterjag

Red-shirt Leader Denies Terrorist Charges

A top red-shirt leader has denied charges of terrorism as he turned himself in to investigators today.

Chatuporn Prompan, a red-shirt core-leader and MP of Pheu Thai Party, joined by fellow party member Wichian Kaokum, met with investigators of the Department of Special Investigation.

The red-shirt chief has denied all charges against him, including crimes of terrorism. He told investigators that he will submit his written statement within 30 days.

Chatuporn's attorney, Karom Pontaklang, said that the terrorist charges against his client will be easily contested as the only evidence being used to support the charges have thus far been video tapes of speeches made by Chatuporn.

He elaborated that no fault can be found with Chatuporn's public statements as they were made at political rallies, not terrorist gatherings.

Chatuporn was allowed to leave after the morning's investigation, using his privilege as a member of the House of Representatives. Authorities handling his case have stated that they may seek a Senate ruling to detain Chatuporn, if there are signs he will flee.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

this is a good example how Thai police / DSI handle a case of terrorist !

what would you think if this is Mr T ? would he just sit there and accept what it is ?

They got Saxena handed over by Canada on far lesser charges. Why shouldn't the govt not get hold of Thaksin successfully? In any Western country he'll be probably arrestred at sight now and then years of negotiations could take place but he's done by his on conceit.

Not to forget. Anybody who's contacting him directly or via other means will be likely considered as supporter of a terrorist and terrorism and brought to justice accordingly. The lawyer he has is useless now. He's got no excuses and option other than to face the music.

Edited by elcent

Red-shirt Leader Denies Terrorist Charges

A top red-shirt leader has denied charges of terrorism as he turned himself in to investigators today.

Chatuporn Prompan, a red-shirt core-leader and MP of Pheu Thai Party, joined by fellow party member Wichian Kaokum, met with investigators of the Department of Special Investigation.

The red-shirt chief has denied all charges against him, including crimes of terrorism. He told investigators that he will submit his written statement within 30 days.

Chatuporn's attorney, Karom Pontaklang, said that the terrorist charges against his client will be easily contested as the only evidence being used to support the charges have thus far been video tapes of speeches made by Chatuporn.

He elaborated that no fault can be found with Chatuporn's public statements as they were made at political rallies, not terrorist gatherings.

Chatuporn was allowed to leave after the morning's investigation, using his privilege as a member of the House of Representatives. Authorities handling his case have stated that they may seek a Senate ruling to detain Chatuporn, if there are signs he will flee.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

this is a good example how Thai police / DSI handle a case of terrorist !

what would you think if this is Mr T ? would he just sit there and accept what it is ?

So he was under the impression that it is ok to invoke people to do illegal things if you say these things at a political rally.

The astonishing logic of Thailand

That must be why Hitler got away with it then.

Jatuporn will be charged with terrorism when his immunity expires with the end of the parliamentary session. I think DSI has already taken steps to prevent him leaving the country. Not that it has ever stopped anyone.

Someone remind me, when was the last time a Thai politician went to jail?

...]If you suspect a crime is going to occur, are you legally obligated to call the police? I don't think so. Pardon, under most jurisdictions it is the duty of any citizen, who has reason to believe a crime is to be committed to alert the authorities. Indeed failure so to do can lead to charges being brought.

not in thailand

Unfortunately, it appears that the term "terrorist" is being abused. Anyone that is opposed to the government is now being labeled a "terrorist". Reminds me a bit of Bush's "either you're with me or you're with the terrorists". There was a report in several Thai and also English speaking newspapers about a professor of Chulalongkorn University being arrested and detained without clear charges, without being allowed to communicate with his family.

Thailand will soon be a police state if this keeps up.

Does this mean Thailand can ask Interpol to arrest him anywhere ?

I believe so, but also now he is to be extradated under different law. And hiding out in the coutry's that he did before could be little harder, as most of them have to arrest him now under International Law.

Thai police couldn't even arrest Arisman when they knew where he was , on Thai soil, and they had three or four goes at it. What makes anyone think they could successfully arrest anyone outside Thailand? It would require correct paperwork and a well-presented case. Beating a confession out of him probably would not work.....

They need to think about subcontracting..

Does this mean Thailand can ask Interpol to arrest him anywhere ?

I believe so, but also now he is to be extradated under different law. And hiding out in the coutry's that he did before could be little harder, as most of them have to arrest him now under International Law.

Thai police couldn't even arrest Arisman when they knew where he was , on Thai soil, and they had three or four goes at it. What makes anyone think they could successfully arrest anyone outside Thailand? It would require correct paperwork and a well-presented case. Beating a confession out of him probably would not work.....

They need to think about subcontracting..

Another problem with subcontracting. Nobody wants to work for a circus these days. Trust me, I'm a clown.

Unfortunately, it appears that the term "terrorist" is being abused. Anyone that is opposed to the government is now being labeled a "terrorist". Reminds me a bit of Bush's "either you're with me or you're with the terrorists". There was a report in several Thai and also English speaking newspapers about a professor of Chulalongkorn University being arrested and detained without clear charges, without being allowed to communicate with his family.

That's the next step. First the government stifles dissent by banning demonstrations and shutting down RS radio stations. They ban the RS, driving them underground. Then Bangkok becomes another Baghdad with random bombings. Finally, Thailand becomes another Myanmar.

Let's hope there's enough sanity to prevent this from happening.

That's the next step. First the government stifles dissent by banning demonstrations and shutting down RS radio stations. They ban the RS, driving them underground. Then Bangkok becomes another Baghdad with random bombings. Finally, Thailand becomes another Myanmar.

Let's hope there's enough sanity to prevent this from happening.

Certainly none from you with your trite red cheerleader comments.

Edited by yoshiwara