Physio Shoulder Upper Back Deep Tissue Massage Needed

blink

Hi All, I posted a similar message to this one on the pattaya forum but now after a few weeks there I am travelling down to Phuket so am posting here.

I would be eternally grateful if anybody could recommend a good Physio/Massage place that i could visit. Perhaps even the name of a trained Deep Tissue massage person. I seriously damaged my upper back rhomboids/shoulder area a few years ago & Im afraid it it has been the bane of my life ever since. I have tried various people in the UK but none have improved it. The only person that has ever done any good was a physio that ran a massage shop in phuket who after a few sessions really seemed to be straightening it out, I am obviously trying to find her again but it was 4 years ago & she may not still be there. Unfortunately i only found her a few days before i was due to return home & then on the final couple of day before flying home she was sick & somebody else in the shop who obviously didnt know her onions as well (maybe just a regular trained massage person) had a bash & actually undid most of the good work that had been done!!

I am therefore looking for suggestions of somebody who can help preferably in the karon/patong area. It may take a lot of work as it is still mangled up in a real bad way but id appreciate any input & dont mind traveling if needed . I would obviously consider a trained physio at a hospital or medical facility if appropriate or just a small shop with the right person it doesnt matter. I have very limited strength & restricted movement in my right shoulder/arm since this injury & am disabled with a condition affecting my left side so this really has made things very difficult for me.

Many thanks for any replies & advice, Sorry if i have bored you with my rather long winded post.

As the touchy-feelies would say "I feel your pain", but in this case for real. I have similar condition in lower back, and also a severe shoulder chronic pain due to socket displacement. I have a superb massage person who has done enormous good work controlling and making major improvements on these during the past several years. Her teacher is even better and will be returning from Chiang Rai during the next few days. I live on the north edge of Loch Palms golf course (Phuket) and could probably arrange a get-together with my therapist and the master. Very affordable. PM me if interested.

Hi Blink. There is only one person on Phuket I would recommend for this type of treatment: Brian Kendall, Registered Massage Thereapist, Canadian. Specializes in deep muscle therapy for sports and trauma. His shop is called Tranquility and is located an Soi Sai Yuan in Rawai. He can be reached at 0862770795. Call him and talk about your issue - I'm sure you'll be happy.

• Like 1

Hi Blink. There is only one person on Phuket I would recommend for this type of treatment: Brian Kendall, Registered Massage Thereapist, Canadian. Specializes in deep muscle therapy for sports and trauma. His shop is called Tranquility and is located an Soi Sai Yuan in Rawai. He can be reached at 0862770795. Call him and talk about your issue - I'm sure you'll be happy.

you beat me too it Mike ... i second that he is amazing , i have sent many people with all sorts of issues , back , neck hips etc brilliant give him a shot first ...

cheers

CdM

Thanks for your help guys, some very useful suggestions & Its much appreciated. If i wanted to get to say Rawai or other parts of the island from Karon/Kata area is it possible on the bus, if so do i have to get it to Phuket town & on get another one from there?

Hello,

I don't often have a good word to say about them (well, not the admin department anyway), but Phuket International Hospital sorted out the deep muscle pain I had in my lower back last year. The various treatments (massage, heat, some kind of electrical stimulation and a kind of vibrating thingy) had me perched back in comfort on a hard bar stool after only three sessions.

Sorry I can't be any more descriptive medically.

Cheers,

FB

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i got recommended a Thia woman just of Na nai road, on i think it's Na Nai 8, a small place called Sweet lemongrass massage, a golfing friend was having extreme back pain and the dodgy hips and said that Aoy the owner was the woman to see.

The shop is perfect, like a little oasis hotel spa, 5 star in a shop, so professional, explained my problem, related to womans problems, Aoy in a very polite way just sorted it out, then as i got talking to her she has studied massage for years gaining all her degree's in all aspect of sports injury and body machanics, impressive or what i thought, hadn't heard those words uttered in a thai massage place anywhere.

Only genuine place i know in patong that charges 200-300 baht and with all the little hotel spa extra magic

All my friends use the place and travel from kata, karon and rawai

Highly recommended, 5 star, perfect!!!!!

I had muscle pain in my lower back after sitting for only a few minutes - visits to a chiropractor sorted it out - for a while, but when I returned to work I would get the problem back again in no time at all.

The chiropractor I visited had a web site with some links to alternative medecine suggestions and one of them was something which seemed very off the wall. I was, like most people, sceptical but thought I would give it a go, lo and behold it sorted me out in a few days, my back is now about 95% right.

Now, I'm going to set myself up to a heap of ridicule with this suggestion, but, like I said, it worked for me, so:

Have a look at this website: www.copperhealth.com/coil_instructions.htm.

It is for something called a Lakhovsky Coil.

And please don't ridicule it till you have at least tried it!

LP

• Like 1

I had muscle pain in my lower back after sitting for only a few minutes - visits to a chiropractor sorted it out - for a while, but when I returned to work I would get the problem back again in no time at all.

The chiropractor I visited had a web site with some links to alternative medecine suggestions and one of them was something which seemed very off the wall. I was, like most people, sceptical but thought I would give it a go, lo and behold it sorted me out in a few days, my back is now about 95% right.

Now, I'm going to set myself up to a heap of ridicule with this suggestion, but, like I said, it worked for me, so:

LP

I won't ridicule it because I've always been open to alternative medicine. Much of the time I've learnt the body is self healing mostly during sleep and just needs a little help along the way. I have bulging discs in my lower back and with one doc I'm at the point where he says surgery is the next option...take out a disc and fuse 2 together...meaning I will lose the pain and be able to walk again but my back will be stiff forever and I won't be able to bend right over. So off to another hospital and another orthopaedic and I'm back on the expensive meds again and having physio everyday which includes decompression...being stretched.

• 1 month later...

As the touchy-feelies would say "I feel your pain", but in this case for real. I have similar condition in lower back, and also a severe shoulder chronic pain due to socket displacement. I have a superb massage person who has done enormous good work controlling and making major improvements on these during the past several years. Her teacher is even better and will be returning from Chiang Rai during the next few days. I live on the north edge of Loch Palms golf course (Phuket) and could probably arrange a get-together with my therapist and the master. Very affordable. PM me if interested.

Hi

thanks for your post, I feel your pain

I am considering a prolonged stay in Thailand for massage. the bills in Canada are mounting fast. I have had immense amounts of many types massage, accupuncture and physo from a great number of practitioners over the last 30 years. I want to make a concentrated effort to rebuild my health and can not afford to do it here. I am interested in the master. if you would please, what is the rate per hour? and how could I contact or find this master.

thank you for your time and efforts.

LP

I won't ridicule it because I've always been open to alternative medicine. Much of the time I've learnt the body is self healing mostly during sleep and just needs a little help along the way. I have bulging discs in my lower back and with one doc I'm at the point where he says surgery is the next option...take out a disc and fuse 2 together...meaning I will lose the pain and be able to walk again but my back will be stiff forever and I won't be able to bend right over. So off to another hospital and another orthopaedic and I'm back on the expensive meds again and having physio everyday which includes decompression...being stretched.

good luck with the surgery, I've known several people who have had back surgery and none of them is better off, or in less pain now or would do it again, just sayin, that's all, good luck.

• 1 year later...
<br>I've googled but can't find a trigger point massage therapist here. Had a wonderful practitioner at the St Louis in bkk, are there any on Phuket? Deep tissue not same same ...<br>
<br><br>https://sites.google.com/site/tranquilityphuket/home<br><br>Brian Kendall,  Canadian trained RMT specializing in Triger Point Therapy and Myofacial Release as well as many other located in Rawai area 08 6277 0795<br>