Workng In Thailand

Hi everyone.

Im hoping to get my wife over in Jan (UK) but if all fails I would like to move back over to Thailand to live with my wife and be with my soon to be daughter. But I would need to work, I would love to teach, im 24 and English and would love to teach.

I was thinking of 3 options I coud take, please tell me which you think are best.

1) Work for a school, college, with no qualifications and no work visa.

2) Work for a school, college, with qualifications (TESOL) and no work visa.

3) Work for a school, college, with qualifications (TESOL) and obtain a work visa.

I don't have any qualification to teach now, so I would do a course in Thailand, could you give me some advice and prices if you know any good ones.

Thankyou!

I would like to move to Thailand and become a physician.

My qualifications are....

1) I have in the past self medicated for headaches

2) Clipped my own toe nails

3) popped a pimple

Which hospital needs me most?

Dont work without a work permit. If you cant get your wife into UK, and you get caught working without a permit and get blacklisted, you wont be with your wife at all.

While no one is condoning working without a WP, it's a sad fact of life, here in Thailand, (due to the schools and goverment offices generally) that many, many, many teachers work here without a WP. Generally a blind eye is turned to them as they're offering a service that is needed and wanted, and they're not taking work away from the Thais.

IMO and IME 99.99% of teachers (other than those at the TOP schools...of which there aren't too many) will at some time or another work without a work permit, or with a work permit that doesn't cover them to teach what they are teaching, or where they are teaching.

Number 3 is you best option IMO! Do it properly (and even than it can be hard).

Dont work without a work permit. If you cant get your wife into UK, and you get caught working without a permit and get blacklisted, you wont be with your wife at all.

While no one is condoning working without a WP, it's a sad fact of life, here in Thailand, (due to the schools and goverment offices generally) that many, many, many teachers work here without a WP. Generally a blind eye is turned to them as they're offering a service that is needed and wanted, and they're not taking work away from the Thais.

IMO and IME 99.99% of teachers (other than those at the TOP schools...of which there aren't too many) will at some time or another work without a work permit, or with a work permit that doesn't cover them to teach what they are teaching, or where they are teaching.

Just because you are a teacher doesnt put u above the law. If this guy wants to stay here with is wife, then would it not be best to try to secure a future to enable that?

There are many many schools out there who will provide the work permit. Ive been there and done it. From the moment i stepped into the country teaching English to where i am now (admittedly not a Don Trump candidate!!!) ive had a work permit and wouldnt have it any other way for the simple fact that my family is here.

P.S. Im not married to a Thai. Another expat living here.

[

Evo

where are you now as far as supporting you and your family.

New here,

Gongchime

quote=EVO,2005-06-17 00:34:14]

Just because you are a teacher doesnt put u above the law. If this guy wants to stay here with is wife, then would it not be best to try to secure a future to enable that?

There are many many schools out there who will provide the work permit. Ive been there and done it. From the moment i stepped into the country teaching English to where i am now (admittedly not a Don Trump candidate!!!) ive had a work permit and wouldnt have it any other way for the simple fact that my family is here.

P.S. Im not married to a Thai. Another expat living here.