How Old Are The Oldest Teachers?

Age of older teachers when hired at a new school?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What 'type' of teachers does this poll intend to cober:

- Kinder / Pathom 1 teachers?

- Mathayom teachers?

- Undergraduate stidies teachers?

- Graduate studies teachers?

- Doctoral candidate teachers?

- And maybe more

All foreign teachers in Thailand. I don't care if they are Kindergarten or University. I hoping we stick to academic schools and not necessarily language schools and to people who have a regular full-time contract with work permit.

All foreign teachers in Thailand. I don't care if they are Kindergarten or University. I hoping we stick to academic schools and not necessarily language schools and to people who have a regular full-time contract with work permit.

They must all be putting in some free overtime.I would be amazed if old people were given teaching jobs but needs must

They must all be putting in some free overtime.I would be amazed if old people were given teaching jobs but needs must

I personally know of several teachers with full-time positions and work permits (obviously) at universities and international schools in Thailand who are well into their 60's and some well into their 70's.

While need may be a factor, I sense that qualifications and experience are far more important in the minds of hiring officials at the more professional institutions.

Not amazing, at all. :)

It would seem you are correct, since a fair number of people seem to know someone rather elderly who has been/is being employed.

I've never heard of a retirement age for foreigners. I have heard of people that someone up the food chain decided was too old and either their contract was not renewed or they weren't hired, but this seems to be based on something subjective rather than a birth date.