Udon Hotels - Prajaktra Hotel

Goinghomesoon

Looking online today for a hotel to stay in mid-June. After a few nights in the village want somewhere a bit cushy and with joining rooms so the pre-teen doesn't have to share with her parents :) Has anyone tried this new place? Photos on their Facebook page look nice but their website is not particularly enlightening.

I guess location is not so bad if you get rooms overlooking Prajak Lake. BUT paying for one double and one single room in low season 3.800 THB is really over the top. But your money of course. It is a new venue and I have not visited nor am I likely to stay there with those rates. But looks nice.

definitely the far most expensive hotel in Udon these days. I saw their website a few days ago and it looks nice indeed ! if you can spit put the cash, why not give it a try. but from what I know, they are still in their soft-opening period, so maybe not all services and amenities are available yet. Centara Charoensri Grand is much cheaper and a safe bet usually, though the rooms look VERY tired, obviously Centara did not start any upgrading-work since takover of the property. stayed there end of 2009 and was disappointed. rates had gone up, quality not improved in any way. and VERY expensive internet (600 Baht per 24 hrs). CHAROEN HOTEL has a great lunch-buffet, but is a cockroach's paradise, one of the worst places I stayed in Thailand in the past 5 years. the new NB-Hotel seems to be quite nice too, and not far away from the action, but their homepage is entirely in Thai (nbhotel-thai.com), so maybe Foreigners are not overly welcome there

I agree it looks expensive but I guess they have a 50% off their rooms right now because they are still in soft-opening so that makes it in our price range. We usually stay at the Ban Chiang. It's for one night and a splurge after roughing it at the in-laws for a few nights beforehand. Will report back!

Edited by Goinghomesoon

• 2 weeks later...

We called in the Prajaktra Hotel a couple of days ago for a bite to eat......food was delicious,by the waycool.gif

All the staff at reception and restaurant were very courteous and friendly and after the meal we were invited to have a look around the hotel.

The Superior rooms were very nice and currently they have a promotion for 1600 baht (Nong Prajak view) and 1300 baht (inward view) including breakfast.

There is a top floor restaurant which has lovely views overlooking the lake and live music at night (not sure if that is happening,at the moment).

All the rooms,restaurant and reception areas are very modern and trendy.....a boutique style hotel.

However you do have to be aware that the hotel is still "work in progress." The swimming pool will not be completed for another 3 months and there is still building work going on but not near the occupied rooms as far as we could see.

If you are not bothered about the swimming and like to stay in a trendy new hotel with good accomodation and food then I think you will enjoy it.

Just my view....