Thaksin - Will Interpol Act?

webfact

People should keep in mind that INTERPOL does not have a rapid response police force that darts all over the world arresting fugitives. Any arrest would likely be done by the local police in whatever country Thaksin is hiding. INTERPOL may only act to inform the local police agency that Thaksin is wanted and request their action.

The Thai government could achieve similar results by contacting the country directly, INTERPOL may not have to be involved at all.

Good information, but unless the Thai government can produce hard evidence that Thaksin was behind terrorist actions in Thailand, I doubt any country will extradite him back to Thailand. My view is that this will all go nowhere.

exactly.

agree with your view here.

Just because the government hasn't summoned members of Thaivisa to DSI headquarters and briefed them on the evidence doesn't mean they don't have any. Why should they publicize their evidence at this point? There may be additional charges against people who assisted Thaksin, why give them advance warning? What about those close to Thaksin who fled the country around May 19, did any of them come back, and what were they running from?

It doesn't work that way. The Thai government cannot say they believe in the rule of law and then say to Interpol we have proof, but we aren't going to tell you. This is a legal issue not a "trust us" issue.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Al Jazeera isn't exactly the most credible foreign source. They are completely bias and blatently pro-goverment - probably in the payroll of the government propaganda machine along with most of the local media.

Have you actually watched any Al Jazeera? :)

Can you give us an example of an unbiased media outlet?

Yesterday's closed news thread has an article that Al Jazeera / foreign press called "substantive evidence" was presented for the warrant.

If this evidence was presented to Al Jazeera/foreign press, why not to Thai Press...? :)

...or was Al Jazeera and the Foreign Press informed by Thailand's Press Bureau that they had "substantive evidence" ?

If I would be a member of the Abhisit Government and substantial evidence was there, I would proudly produce this evidence on national Thai Television (and repeat showing the evidence a thousand times) and not just inform foreign media about the existence of "substantive evidence".

LaoPo

Al Jazeera isn't exactly the most credible foreign source. They are completely bias and blatently pro-goverment - probably in the payroll of the government propaganda machine along with most of the local media.

Have you actually watched any Al Jazeera? :D

Can you give us an example of an unbiased media outlet?

Lots of unbiased media outlet in Thailand.

CRES, NBT, ASTV, PTV, etc for a start.

Want me to list more? :)

Shame on BBC & CNN.

No suprise really. Only a few working braincells are needed to realise the arrest warrant is political.

Terrorism is often a political offense. The Thai extradition act also prevents a person from being extradited for political offenses, however there are some exceptions.

1. extradition would not otherwise be contrary to Thai law and the offense is not political or military in nature (political offenses do not include the commission of an act of violence against the King, Queen or the Heir-Apparent or any head of state, government leader or member of a family of any of them or the commission of any crime not defined as a political offense under any applicable extradition treaty),

Fortunately Thaksin doesn't seem to have many working braincells and has committed crimes that are serious enough to extradite him for. If there is evidence that he organized and funded terrorist attacks I don't think many countries will be eager to protect him.

Interesting. Here is what INTERPOL has to say about it, from their website

INTERPOL- Legal framework governing cases of a political, military, religious or racial character

I'll let the TV lawyers make their own interpretation but Interpol has an article 3 which precludes political, religious, and racial cases, as well as criteria on how this is interpreted, the exceptions. I think that crimes of a political nature refer to thinks like violating media laws, not violent terrorism and they also apply a predominance criteria. However, the critical passage is

Requests aimed at prosecuting terrorists are processed in strict conformity with the above rules, particularly in terms of applying the predominance theory. In practice, Article 3 does therefore not prevent those accused of serious, violent terrorist offences (such as serious attacks against human life or physical safety, hostage-taking and kidnapping, serious attacks against property (bomb attacks, etc.), unlawful acts against civil aviation (hijacking of aircraft)) from being located with a view to their arrest and extradition.

Straight from the horse's mouth. However, the whole article makes an interesting read. Wonder if Amsterdam has read it post-102665-1275231733.gif

Edited by rabo

To bad Seh Daeng had just started explaining all about Thaksin's involvement and their plans to fight when someone blew his head off.

It isn't exactly a secret that the US gave Thailand information regarding financial transfers and probably signals intercepts as well (communications). This plus public statements of various people including Thaksin himself as well as Sae Daeng and others is substantive enough for an arrest warrant and a trial.

Public statements from Seh Daeng? He said that the black shirts with the guns were send by a secret government operation to create evidence to blame the red shirt people. He said furthermore that the security forces used snipers on April 10 to kill reds shirt protesters.

The US gave Thailand information regarding financial transfers and also taped the communication of the red shirts and Thaksin?

Can i read the full story somewhere? Do you have a link to a source?

LOL Yeah --- that explains the black shirts wandering unmolested throughout the reds on April 10th.

but here you go .. with plenty of his statements

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1005/S00086.htm

It has quite the collection of SehDaengisms .... all but the last one just after Sae Daeng said in his final interview "They'll never get me in here!" which I suspect was followed by "ooooooops"

Feel free to look at the threads here on Thai Visa about the funds transfers and signals intercepts are mentioned in the same threads.

Where he claims to have trained the ronin

Where he claims they fight for the reds

Where he denies he is thier leader (ooops he trained them, he's the new generation Red leader, they fight for the reds ... he must have appointed another leader for them :)

edit --- you need to go back and read what I wrote about Signal intercepts that you failed to accurately represent in your reply.

"Public statements from Seh Daeng? He said that the black shirts with the guns were send by a secret government operation to create evidence to blame the red shirt people. He said furthermore that the security forces used snipers on April 10 to kill reds shirt protesters."

That's the reason why Seh Daeng have to go. I am sorry.

To bad Seh Daeng had just started explaining all about Thaksin's involvement and their plans to fight when someone blew his head off.

It isn't exactly a secret that the US gave Thailand information regarding financial transfers and probably signals intercepts as well (communications). This plus public statements of various people including Thaksin himself as well as Sae Daeng and others is substantive enough for an arrest warrant and a trial.

Public statements from Seh Daeng? He said that the black shirts with the guns were send by a secret government operation to create evidence to blame the red shirt people. He said furthermore that the security forces used snipers on April 10 to kill reds shirt protesters.

The US gave Thailand information regarding financial transfers and also taped the communication of the red shirts and Thaksin?

Not only the US will have helped.

Just wait for his eventual trial, you`ll see all you need to see and hear all you need to hear.

Thaksin left evidence everywhere transferring money and using it.

I wouldn`t be surprised foreigners who helped him abroad are also arrested.

Patience.

LOL Yeah --- that explains the black shirts wandering unmolested throughout the reds on April 10th.

but here you go .. with plenty of his statements

It has quite the collection of SehDaengisms .... all but the last one just after Sae Daeng said in his final interview "They'll never get me in here!" which I suspect was followed by "ooooooops"

Feel free to look at the threads here on Thai Visa about the funds transfers and signals intercepts are mentioned in the same threads.

Where he claims to have trained the ronin

Where he claims they fight for the reds

Where he denies he is thier leader (ooops he trained them, he's the new generation Red leader, they fight for the reds ... he must have appointed another leader for them :D

edit --- you need to go back and read what I wrote about Signal intercepts that you failed to accurately represent in your reply.

:D

Yes, Seh Daeng said the black shirt came from the government. He is your reliable source and chief witness, his statements the smoking gun un your argument. so you should carefully listen to his statements.

Why heavy armed Black shirts were wandering unmolested throughout the reds on April 10th? Did that happen? How you know that? Did you follow them or have you just seen a few very shirt video clops with not much to see and a couple of photos of the Blacks.

What would you do if such Black shirt comes acroos you in a supermarkt aisle with a big rifle in his hand, would you let pass him unmolested? :)

Lets look at your article.

I copied some of the statements supposed to be coming from Seh Daeng, acording to Richard S Ehrlich, Bangkok-based journalist and co-author of "Hello My Big Big Honey!", a non-fiction book of investigative journalism.

--------------------------

the headline of the article is:

"Seh Daeng" Denies Leading a Death Squad to Protect the Reds

• The Ronin Warriors opened fire after a rival, hooded "Men in Black" death squad aided the government's side and killed civilians, he said.
  • "The Men in Black come from the government."
  • "Everybody thinks that I am the Ronin leader, the samurai. I deny. I deny. I am not a Ronin,"
  • "I only want to fight with peaceful means."
  • "I explained to Thaksin how the army committed murder on April 10, and how they are now bringing tanks and will do it again. I told him now we have to fight. They will shoot women and children.
  • Cursing, he demanded the arrests of Prime Minister Abhisit, Deputy Prime Minister for Security Affairs Suthep Thaugsuban, Gen. Anupong, and others because "the government shot the citizens" on April 10.
  • The Reds were denounced as thugs when some of them stormed the hospital on April 29 to search for army snipers, and left without finding them. "There were soldiers inside," Maj. Gen. Khattiya insisted.
  • "Thaksin has no idea about the tactics of fighting. But he's a nice guy."
  • Maj. Gen. Khattiya said he had a message for President Barack Obama: "This government is murdering people. Bring the United Nations in, because it is going to be like Pol Pot, Mussolini, and Hitler."
  • His website, www.sae-dang.com, is officially blocked in Thailand, but his books are best-sellers and he occasionally appears on TV talk shows.

-----------------

An article like the one in the scoop you call substantive enough for an arrest warrant and a trial on terrorism charges? :D

Did you read the article and the statements of Seh Daeng? What do you want to prove with his statements?

And your claim about "signals intercepts" - I search TVF, didn't found much, actually only one other entry made by nobody else but you. And because you are not able to substantiate it anyhow, i guess that the opposite of true.

Probably the same goes for the claim that the 'US gave Thailand information regarding financial transfers'. You cannot bring a source.

Maybe you will believe it when you repeated often enough, but you will fail to convince others, only losing credibility (if that is possible).

Furthermore you claim "Sae Daeng said in his final interview "They'll never get me in here!" " I doubt that is true. But maybe you have some sources unknown to me. Can you tell me where du you get that line from?

I think you lie and made it up, to create an impression that Seh Deang is a selfish coward who hide inside the red camp behind the barricades from the authorities or from justice and think only of himself. That is not Deh Deang, he was always there, daily, in the first line and saw no reason to hide. He devoted his time and his life for protection of the red shirt protesters from a military crackdown and bloodshed.

He was there for the ordinary people. A hero not only for red shirts but for many Thais of all social classes. One of the last true chevaliers. Intelligent. And it is very disrespectful and rude how some farangs at this board insult him and telling lies.

Old Man River Posted

It doesn't work that way. The Thai government cannot say they believe in the rule of law and then say to Interpol we have proof, but we aren't going to tell you. This is a legal issue not a "trust us" issue.

Jeez your going to break a lot of hearts here on TV if you bring up Uncomfortable facts like this. :) All in all I think this is well on the way to the bottom of the news heap ... kayup kayup .... Just a headline for the day, need a new one tomorrow.

Thailand needs to realise that the rest of the world does not operate like a kindergarten wwhere people can be bullied into doing things or saying things.

Correction: the rest of the world does operate like a kindergarten where people can be bullied. In fact, bullying is pretty much the only way to actually get things done internationally. It's usually called diplomacy. Problem is, there are some much bigger and meaner bullies than Thailand in the schoolyard. Unless they get one of the big guys to stand for them, there's little chance that the Thai government's voice will be heard over all the barking.

BTW - there's an easy way to get brownie points with the US: facilitate the extradition of one Viktor Bout. They can hardly expect other countries to extradite their own wanted fugitives if they don't play ball too.

Thailand needs to realise that the rest of the world does not operate like a kindergarten wwhere people can be bullied into doing things or saying things.

Correction: the rest of the world does operate like a kindergarten where people can be bullied. In fact, bullying is pretty much the only way to actually get things done internationally. It's usually called diplomacy. Problem is, there are some much bigger and meaner bullies than Thailand in the schoolyard. Unless they get one of the big guys to stand for them, there's little chance that the Thai government's voice will be heard over all the barking.

BTW - there's an easy way to get brownie points with the US: facilitate the extradition of one Viktor Bout. They can hardly expect other countries to extradite their own wanted fugitives if they don't play ball too.

I didn't know that the US was responsible for extraditing Thaksin, why does Thailand need their approval? At least Thailand arrested Viktor.

[clip long article above]

Furthermore you claim "Sae Daeng said in his final interview "They'll never get me in here!" " I doubt that is true. But maybe you have some sources unknown to me. Can you tell me where du you get that line from?

I think you lie and made it up, to create an impression that Seh Deang is a selfish coward who hide inside the red camp behind the barricades from the authorities or from justice and think only of himself. That is not Deh Deang, he was always there, daily, in the first line and saw no reason to hide. He devoted his time and his life for protection of the red shirt protesters from a military crackdown and bloodshed.

He was there for the ordinary people. A hero not only for red shirts but for many Thais of all social classes. One of the last true chevaliers. Intelligent. And it is very disrespectful and rude how some farangs at this board insult him and telling lies.

You only tell part of the story, the part you want, your conclusions cannot be believed. You assume TV posters will lie, you assume anyone with the reds will tell the truth. Was Seh Daeng telling the truth when war weapons were confiscated from his house and his assisstant's house, and said "Who me? Never seen them!". "Jing leh? Blak, mai kheuy hen!" Before posting I checked my house for war weapons, found none, maybe most houses don't have war weapons.

Why do you expect an armed insurgency who's goal is to hide themselves to tell the truth? You think the reds will just say "Oh, yes, we have hidden secret soldiers". Your understanding of the Thai lie is very poor. I guess you are not Thai. I for one cannot believe your analysis.

From an interview with SD.....

In an interview on May 9, he had denied being responsible for any violence. "I deny!" he cried in English, with a laugh, when asked about the dozens of bombings that have set Bangkok on edge and about the mysterious black-shirted killers who escalated the violence on April 10 that killed 25 soldiers and civilians. "No one ever saw me."

Remember, Bangkok was supposed to be blacked out that night.

You are right though, Seh Daeng was not an evil person, he was famous for helping others and giving of himself, unlike his boss in exile. Perhaps a good man in a bad place on a suicide mission.

Edited by rabo

You only tell part of the story, the part you want, your conclusions cannot be believed. You assume TV posters will lie, you assume anyone with the reds will tell the truth. Was Seh Daeng telling the truth when war weapons were confiscated from his house and his assisstant's house, and said "Who me? Never seen them!". "Jing leh? Blak, mai kheuy hen!" Before posting I checked my house for war weapons, found none, maybe most houses don't have war weapons.

Why do you expect are armed insurgency who's goal is to hide themselves to tell the truth? You think the reds will just say "Oh, yes, we have hidden secret soldiers". Your understanding of the Thai lie is very poor. I guess you are not Thai. I for one cannot believe your analysis.

In an interview on May 9, he had denied being responsible for any violence. "I deny!" he cried in English, with a laugh, when asked about the dozens of bombings that have set Bangkok on edge and about the mysterious black-shirted killers who escalated the violence on April 10 that killed 25 soldiers and civilians. "No one ever saw me."

You are right though, Seh Daeng was not an evil person, he was famous for helping others and giving of himself, unlike his boss in exile. Perhaps a good man in a bad place on a suicide mission.

Never heard of "Planting evidence before a raid"? Especially when the daughter is so YELLOW.

I am sure it is not the first time.

I didn't know that the US was responsible for extraditing Thaksin, why does Thailand need their approval? At least Thailand arrested Viktor.

Because Thailand is the key strategic partner for US in this region.

Because US is backing Elites for decades.

Because US is the super power.

Because US's benefit rely on Thailand's stability.

Capturing Thaksin seems to bring Thailand back to US-like track.

While it's obvious that this current Thai Gov is incapable to escort him back.

Many seems to believe if the US helps, Thaksin will be finally grounded.

Thaksin appears to go the other direction( non-US) : Russia, China, MiddleEast, Asian, EU.

It appears that he successfully turned himself into a some sort of power broker.

While none of this country show a strong support to Thaksin and red camp (yet)

EU parliament recently condemned Thai Gov for using brutal force on protester.

That's an example.

(May 20 BBC)

Let's not forget how bad records Thaksin has while he served in office.

However, in a diplomatic way, allowing him to enter their country is a strong sign.

Despite his corrupted-politicant image, he is THE most successful PM Thais ever had.

He's the only PM to serve full term and gain mandate from every election.

Thaksin is a smart-ass man. He knows how to play.

He's going to harrass Thai Gov as much as he can til next election,

which will eventually come.

Then he'll gain a lot more momentum.

The elites/yellow PADster on the contrary seem to be losing on every front.

The only hope they have is the army, using excessive forces, censoring media etc.

which now results as we see: Poor image in international community.

If they try to use more questionable jurisdiction - like disbanding Thaksin party, things will get worse.

Edited by shrekroma

I have always wondered why Mr T (and no that is not BA Barakas from the A Team) doesnt come back and do his time.

As stated earlier he would probably get out quick smart or have sentences reduced or overturned on an appeal anyhow.

He would only serve maybe 2 years (prior to the new talk of terrorism wich extends this somewhat,

He can pay for extra privelidges in prison... he could probably have his own privatised prison built is he wanted to.

While in prison he could recruit more heavily launch press/media propagaganda etc

He would become a martyr.

History shows us wether they be good or bad, righteous or despicable, it works that way. Mandella, Ruben Carter, The Bali Bombers, Socrates, St Stephen the list goes on.

So why doesnt he?

These are the only likely reasons he doesnt that I can think of:

1- He is a coward and cannot bear to face up to the realitys that he may in fact be guilty of such crimes. (as he perhaps is delusional and so is fully convinced that he himself is righteous.)

2- He is a coward and knows he is down right guilty and enjoys the idea and popularity of his infamy.

3- He is a coward and feels that he will be dead rburried and forgotten if he goes to jail and no longer thetopic of the media.

4- He has a lot of other matters that may be 'uncovered' once he is in the monkey house.

5- He believes he will be assasinated.

6- He thinks his life would be better in some Montenegro castle. Never being able to leave. (much simmilar to the prison he would be in.) hi

7- He doesnt think he can manage his political agenda from behind bars.

He wouldnt do more than 2 years if he came back and he would come out stronger and bigger than ever.

Can you imagine the ferocity and size of the protests outside his courtroom?

I am kind of a fence sitter on this subject and its ideals. However can others elaborate as to why he doesnt come back?

(edit) as it is so obviously in his interests.

Edited by walterego

Why do you expect are armed insurgency who's goal is to hide themselves to tell the truth? You think the reds will just say "Oh, yes, we have hidden secret soldiers". Your understanding of the Thai lie is very poor. I guess you are not Thai. I for one cannot believe your analysis.

Never heard of "Planting evidence before a raid"? Especially when the daughter is so YELLOW.

Are you suggesting that Seh Daeng's daughter set him up, now that's a wild conspiracy, congrats, I think we have a winner for craziest post, and that's saying a lot.

To Thailand's current government:

be careful of what you wish for, you may get it.

If I understand you correctly, I agree they're far better off with him traveling the world, if he comes back all hel_l will break loose and I think they are fully aware of that. Like most politics it's smoke and mirrors :)

shrekroma posted

QUOTE (Humungus @ 2010-05-31 10:15:37)

Because Thailand is the key strategic partner for US in this region.

Because US is backing Elites for decades.

Because US is the super power.

Because US's benefit rely on Thailand's stability.

Capturing Thaksin seems to bring Thailand back to US-like track.

While it's obvious that this current Thai Gov is incapable to escort him back.

Many seems to believe if the US helps, Thaksin will be finally grounded.

Shrek ... I take it you haven't been following things for that long ... The US was positively and rightly PO'd with Thaksin for what he did immediatly after 9/11, thanks ally ..hah. It also key'd the US in that they way to deal with the T-Man - $ they bought and payed for his service in 'rendering" terror subjects for this past decade. That said why shoudl they go out of their way to help Thailand? Thailand want Tax and if he happens to be on US soil then file an extradition request - what no treaty, then write one up and the US will skip on Viktor, the US will want between 200 and 800 Thai nationals who have comitted crimes while in the US and fled to Thailand. The Thai goverment refuses to return them. The US can make a deal, can Thailand?

Thailand has made their own bed, time for them to sleep in it

Are you suggesting that Seh Daeng's daughter set him up, now that's a wild conspiracy, congrats, I think we have a winner for craziest post, and that's saying a lot.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismasrebel...RebelFamily.htm

the US will want between 200 and 800 Thai nationals who have comitted crimes while in the US and fled to Thailand. The Thai goverment refuses to return them. The US can make a deal, can Thailand?

Thailand has made their own bed, time for them to sleep in it

At this point, Thailand can do nothing to deal with Thaksin in world stage.

It's solely up to the US, whether they'll help or not.

There is no any other country want to get a hand in this mess,

especially when the future is uncertain.

If the US chooses not to help hunt down Thaksin,

Yellow folks will be disasterously devastated.

But in ways this is all idle twaddle - they are not going to ask Interpols help. This was just a the usual Thai news spot, here today gone tomorrow,

If it were the usual Thai news spot we'd have Thaksin in handcuffs walking around Central world pointing at things while reporters take pictures.

I have always wondered why Mr T (and no that is not BA Barakas from the A Team) doesnt come back and do his time.

As stated earlier he would probably get out quick smart or have sentences reduced or overturned on an appeal anyhow.

He would only serve maybe 2 years (prior to the new talk of terrorism wich extends this somewhat,

He can pay for extra privelidges in prison... he could probably have his own privatised prison built is he wanted to.

While in prison he could recruit more heavily launch press/media propagaganda etc

He would become a martyr.

History shows us wether they be good or bad, righteous or despicable, it works that way. Mandella, Ruben Carter, The Bali Bombers, Socrates, St Stephen the list goes on.

So why doesnt he?

These are the only likely reasons he doesnt that I can think of:

1- He is a coward and cannot bear to face up to the realitys that he may in fact be guilty of such crimes. (as he perhaps is delusional and so is fully convinced that he himself is righteous.)

2- He is a coward and knows he is down right guilty and enjoys the idea and popularity of his infamy.

3- He is a coward and feels that he will be dead rburried and forgotten if he goes to jail and no longer thetopic of the media.

4- He has a lot of other matters that may be 'uncovered' once he is in the monkey house.

5- He believes he will be assasinated.

6- He thinks his life would be better in some Montenegro castle. Never being able to leave. (much simmilar to the prison he would be in.) hi

7- He doesnt think he can manage his political agenda from behind bars.

He wouldnt do more than 2 years if he came back and he would come out stronger and bigger than ever.

Can you imagine the ferocity and size of the protests outside his courtroom?

I am kind of a fence sitter on this subject and its ideals. However can others elaborate as to why he doesnt come back?

(edit) as it is so obviously in his interests.

I had been wondering the same thing for a long time. When the conviction was passed down had he returned and acted with a little contrition he would have been in and out of prison faster than you can say Shinawatra. He would have been a martyr and a hero - and i'm sure some who had previously been against him would have had a new found respect for the man. Once released (and of course with his vast fortune still completely in tact) he could have gone back to building his business empire and after a few years of keeping his head down, who knows - quite feasible that he could have been PM again.

Now though i have no such wonderings. Since Songkran 2009 Thaksin has taken things way past the stage of him being able to pop in and out of prison and for authorities to let bygones be bygones. He has made far too many enemies and done far too much damage for him to be treated with such forgiveness. He has dug his own grave from which now he must lie.

The US is going to help? Thaksin did his gig after 9/11 but seems that other Thai politicians had no objection to what he did. No big deal they have every right to BUT the US help?

They are not going to help and any chance they might have died years ago! Thais have short term memories, there will be NO US HELP.

Deal with it, and go on to your next news story this one has fork in it

Why do you expect an armed insurgency who's goal is to hide themselves to tell the truth? You think the reds will just say "Oh, yes, we have hidden secret soldiers". Your understanding of the Thai lie is very poor. I guess you are not Thai. I for one cannot believe your analysis.

:)

A lie is a lie and you should not stick colors to members when reading their posts or you will maybe get it wrong because you read it with a strong bias.

Do you read my entry and the comment i was replying to? Jdinasia claimed that amongst others Seh Daengs public statements are substantive enough for an arrest warrant and a trial.

I found that more than odd and asked him what kind of public statements he is talking about. He came with the link above and i quoted a couple of statements.

My analysis was the following: :D

I still have no clue what jdinasia will prove with this kind of statements? Can you explain it?

Actually you can prove nothing with such small sound bite quotes, that also came only from a secondary or third source but not direct from Seh Daeng himself.

If Jdinasia think and argue that his selected sound bites from Seh Daeng are reliable and a proof than he must also any other statement of Seh Daeng take into consideration.

But that will be - you know :D

If you wanna defend jdinasia you could maybe bring the source for his claim "Sae Daeng said in his final interview "They'll never get me in here!" " I think that is not true.

I am also interested to hear more about his other claims " that the US gave Thailand information regarding financial transfers and probably signals intercepts as well (communications)."

Is that true? I asked jdinasia for additional informations. He not have. But i would like to read more about it. Do you know something more?

Or do you believe everything that as long it sounds anti-Thaksin enough must be true. No need to verify it or what?

The US is going to help? Thaksin did his gig after 9/11 but seems that other Thai politicians had no objection to what he did. No big deal they have every right to BUT the US help?

They are not going to help and any chance they might have died years ago! Thais have short term memories, there will be NO US HELP.

Deal with it, and go on to your next news story this one has fork in it

I think you are completely missing the point and lack of knowledge about Thai-US relations.

While you believe this conflict has nothing to do with the US and Thais should fix their own problems,

other countries ( especially China ) is happy to wait and see and progressing 'when the chips fall' policy.

This means let the US takes side. If US win, fine as it once was. If wrong the power shift to others.

The sense that China will have more influence on Thai than US is somewhat unacceptable.

And you are dead wrong about 911. That's not Thaksin's gig. It's the elites above Thaksin who pulled the string.

Just like Abphisit Gov condemned Burma recently. Who Do you think is actually running this country..

I suggest you read NYtimes, WSJ, Economist, FT to widen your aspects.

Edited by shrekroma

Think you are dreaming shrek, not a problem as a lot of that goes on here at TV.

Oh, nice laundry list of papers but the essential question is why would the US want to involve itself with Thailand Thaksin problem - it's a lose lose situation.

why would the US want to involve itself with Thailand Thaksin problem - it's a lose lose situation.

That's the whole point.

For the US, is this a win-lose or lose-lose situation ?

The US is unwillingly put in position to decide, which many believes a lose-lose outcome.

So what next ?

China will be happy as USA flag fades from this region.

The BKK elites will be nervous as they have no more big brothers to watch out.

For the US, well, you say no need to pay attention. So be it.

For Thaksin, he'll incredibly happy as he can travel around the globe, except US, Brit etc.

Without US pressing on terrorist charges, any warrants on him are most likly to be ignored.

Old Man River Posted

Jeez your going to break a lot of hearts here on TV if you bring up Uncomfortable facts like this. :) All in all I think this is well on the way to the bottom of the news heap ... kayup kayup .... Just a headline for the day, need a new one tomorrow.

In the US we call this a nuisance suit. You know you really aren't going to win (i.e. nobody will extradite Thaksin over this), but if one or two countries make Thaksin a little more uncomfortable when he travels as well as driving up Amsterdam's fees to defend it, then the Thai government calls it a win.