Thaksin - Will Interpol Act?

webfact

Meanwhile Interpol called Thaksins conviction in the conflict of interest case "politically motivated".

Searching the Interpol site I only find

"INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble travelled to Phuket, Thailand, on 31 December 2004 to make a first hand assessment of the additional support needed for the DVI teams. He thanked Thailand's Prime Minister, Thaksin Shinawatra, and Police Commissioner, Kowit Watana, for their leadership in co-ordinating the international DVI effort on the ground."

Maybe you got a personal call from Interpol to explain their point of view?

The issue is now the terrorism charges and not the former corruption charges for which he was convicted. Maybe Montenegro wants to harbor a terrorist. Maybe Interpol wants to allow a terrorist to operate safely from Europe. You can see an interview with Interpol chief and see his own opinion

That is the Interpol chief? :)

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PAD did not "kidnap" over 250,000 people.

And the UDD kidnapped 250,000 people? :)

They didn't close, or cause the closure, of the airport (at least that is what their lawyers will say!)

You obviously have no clue as to what happened. What about the hundreds of PAD that ran onto the runway in Phuket, causing flights to be diverted and the airport closed? I'm sorry, that counts as causing the airport to be closed.

And in Suvarnabhumi, they raided the airport control tower. That also counts as causing the airport to be closed, unless you suggest one of the world's largest airports being able to operate without the control tower.

See the post at the top of this page for the referrent.I did not state the reds had kidnapped 250k+ people.

He was discussing swampy --- the airport was closed already when the 4 people entered the control tower (and they should be charged with more serious crimes).

The AOT chief on-site closed the airport --- who says so? Oh, that would be the board of directors of the AOT. (You may wish to see who was the AOT guy in charge of Swampy at the time :D )

See the post at the top of this page for the referrent.I did not state the reds had kidnapped 250k+ people.

He was discussing swampy --- the airport was closed already when the 4 people entered the control tower (and they should be charged with more serious crimes).

The AOT chief on-site closed the airport --- who says so? Oh, that would be the board of directors of the AOT. (You may wish to see who was the AOT guy in charge of Swampy at the time :) )

I'm sorry to say, but every airport chief around the world will close an airport if armed men take over the airport control tower. And yes, there is TV footage and photos of them being armed, I'll be happy to find them if you want. If the PAD didn't raid the airport, I'm sure it wouldn't have been closed.

And hundreds of people running onto the runway of the airport in Phuket is a serious problem and could make a landing airplane crash and hundreds of people die, if the flights were not diverted and the airport closed.

So, I'm sorry to say, but your comments and excuses are complete garbage.

The issue is now the terrorism charges and not the former corruption charges for which he was convicted. Maybe Montenegro wants to harbor a terrorist. Maybe Interpol wants to allow a terrorist to operate safely from Europe. You can see an interview with Interpol chief and see his own opinion

- removed youtube link --

That is the Interpol chief? :)

At least he's not a clown :D

Edited by rubl

The AOT chief on-site closed the airport --- who says so? Oh, that would be the board of directors of the AOT. (You may wish to see who was the AOT guy in charge of Swampy at the time :) )

I'm sorry to say, but every airport chief around the world will close an airport if armed men take over the airport control tower. And yes, there is TV footage and photos of them being armed, I'll be happy to find them if you want. If the PAD didn't raid the airport, I'm sure it wouldn't have been closed.

And hundreds of people running onto the runway of the airport in Phuket is a serious problem and could make a landing airplane crash and hundreds of people die, if the flights were not diverted and the airport closed.

:D Swampy was closed before those 4 men went to the control tower. Swampy was closed almost immediately. Sorry to say it but the AOT blames ONE PERSON for the closure. Their employee.

Phuket was not being discussed :D You jumped into the middle of something with the 250k kidnapped ... edited to add other irrelevancies .. and keep with it :D

This thread is Will Interpol Act :D

Abhisit is playing a desperate game. After the obvious refusal of most of his Army troops to move against the Red protesters who had the obvious support from most of the Thai Police force, he is trying to dupe Interpol into his very weak political game. He should stick with what he does best, order a few loyal snipers to pick off a few unarmed protest workers, journalists and rescue workers, then retreat to the confines of the 11th Infantry and lock the door.

Saturday , May 29 , 2010

An open letter to Interpol from a Thai PhD in politics and international relations in UK

NTERPOL

General Secretariat,

200, quai Charles de Gaulle

69006 Lyon

France

28 th May 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Thai Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for Thaksin on terrorism charges for allegedly involving in the red protests in Bangkok that left 88 people dead and 2,000 injured. I am writing to kindly urge you to cooperate with Thailand authority in extraditing Thaksin back to Thailand on ground of terrorism acts.

The Internaitonal Humanitarian Law specifically prohibits "measures of terrorism" and "acts of terrorism". The Fourth Geneva Convention ( Article 33 ) states that "Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited", while Additional Protocol II ( Article 4 ) prohibits "acts of terrorism" against persons not or no longer taking part in hostilities. The main aim is to emphasise that neither individuals, nor the civilian population may be subject to collective punishments, which, among other things, obviously induce a state of terror. Both Additional Protocols to the Geneva Conventions also prohibit acts aimed at spreading terror among the civilian population. "The civilian population as such, as well as individual civilians, shall not be the object of attack. Acts or threats of violence the primary purpose of which is to spread terror among the civilian population are prohibited" (AP I, Article 51 (2) and AP II, Article 13 (2)). IHL also prescribes the following acts, which could be considered as terrorist attacks:

1) attacks on civilians and civilian objects (Arts. 51, para. 2, and 52, Protocol I; and Art. 13, Protocol II); indiscriminate attacks (Art. 51, para. 4, Protocol I);

2) attacks on works and installations containing dangerous forces (Art. 56, Protocol I; and Art. 15, Protocol II);

3) the taking of hostages (Art. 75, Protocol I; Art. 3 common to the four Conventions; and Art. 4, para. 2b, Protocol II);

4) murder of persons not or no longer taking part in hostilities (Art. 75, Protocol I; Art. 3 common to the four Conventions; and Art. 4, para. 2a, Protocol II).

I hereby sample some of many Thaksin-funded/led Red Shirt (also known as UDD)’s activities considered as terrorism acts based on The International Humanitarian Law as above-mentioned. The following events are listed by a chronological order, provided with evidence from a variety of independent sources available to public, and numbered in brackets in accordance to the International Humanitarian Law it breaches.

February 2003: Thaksin’s War on Drugs exceeded the killing of over 600 people in one month. Both Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch expressed grave concern about the rapid rise in apparent police murders of drug suspects. Source http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/27...ailandwar.shtml (breach of item 1).

25th October 2004: Thaksin ordered a massacre at Takbai, the Southern region of Thailand, causing thousands of deaths and ongoing conflicts. The killing drew international condemnation. See

(breach of item 1 and 3 as abovementioned).

07th Apr 2009: Red-shirt protestors attacked Thailand Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjachiwa’s car, smashing his window and threatening his life. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BUuS3-qILk for reference (breach of item 1 as abovementioned).

11th Apr 2009: Red Shirt (UDD) protesters raided the venue of the ASEAN summit in Pattaya, forcing its cancellation. Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva resultantly declared a state of emergency. See http://jp.reuters.com/news/video?videoChan...;videoId=101851 (breach of item 1 as abovementioned).

13 th April 2009: Red shirt protesters threatened to blow up a liquid gas truck in the midst of the Din Daeng flats, Bangkok. An act could have cost hundreds of casualties.

27th Feb 2010: Red Shirt group launched granade attacks at several Thailand’s banks. Refer to http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3364...fter-bomb-blast (breach of item 2). On the same day, Red Shirt protestors attacked Thailand Television Station Channel 5 using m67 hand grenades (breach of item 1).

30th March 2010: An attack on the charitable foundation headed by Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda were carried out by Thaksin supporters using M67 hand grenades (breach of item 1).

07th April 2010: Red shirt protestors stormed the parliament using a truck to break the gates. Source http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/As...407-208969.html (breach of item 2 as abovementioned International Humanitarian Law).

08 th April 2010: Armed attacks by the same group included the attacks on the New Politics Party headquarters and TPI Building in Bangkok and the attack at the party's head office on Phra Sumen Road took place. Police found 11 spent M16 cartridges, a spent M79 shell and an unexploded M79 grenade after the incidence (breach of item 2).

09th April 2010: Red-shirt protestors stormed Police Hospital. Refer to http://www.demotix.com/news/297461/red-shi...ospital-bangkok (breach of item 1 and 2 as above-listed).

10 th April 2010: Red Shirt protestors stormed Thailand Television station. On the same day, the government clashed with the Red Shirt Protestors. Independent investigations and witnesses ensured t here are military trained and heavily armed men within the Red Shirt Protestors. This caused casualties of both civilians and military officials. See

(Breach of item 1 and 4 as listed above). During this event, Red Shirt Protestors attacked a truck carrying wounded soldiers, proven as a breach of international humanitarian law. See
. Later that night, the Red Shirt protestors raided Hua Chiew Hospital and Wachira Hospital in Bangkok attempting to take corpses of Red Shirt Protestors for political rally without relatives’ permission, an action which also obstructed legal investigations of the case. See http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...odies-of-fallen (breach of item 2 as listed above)

16 th April 2010: Red shirts bomb attacks at three high voltage electricity pylons in Ayuthaya's Bang Pa-in district were intended to plunge parts of Bangkok into darkness. See http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/3...lackout-averted (breach of item 2 as above-listed). On the same day , two high-ranking officers were taken hostage by Red Shirt protesters. See http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world...i-1225854613652 (breach of item 3).

continued http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/ThaiTalk/2010/05/29/entry-1

Abhisit is playing a desperate game. After the obvious refusal of most of his Army troops to move against the Red protesters who had the obvious support from most of the Thai Police force, he is trying to dupe Interpol into his very weak political game. He should stick with what he does best, order a few loyal snipers to pick off a few unarmed protest workers, journalists and rescue workers, then retreat to the confines of the 11th Infantry and lock the door.

:)

Abhisit doesn't "order troops", he works with the Army's top brass.

The former PM expressed confidence that Interpol would not cooperate with the Thai government, as the government has not submitted substantive evidence.

Meanwhile, Al Jazeera recently reported that the Thai Criminal Court has approved the issuance of the arrest warrant for the former PM on the charges of terrorism.

The foreign press revealed that the court's decision was based on substantive evidence that Thaksin had displayed suspicious behavior, verbally threatened, and supported the recent terrorist acts in Thailand.

Since Al Jazeera and the foreign press don't seem to agree with you about anything else you posted ......

(note--- quoted material is from the locked daily updates thread today)

You would expect a PhD to be able to spell or use spell check, wouldn't you?

Any meaningful comment on the contents, rather than the English ?

I'm sure NTERPOL is taking this letter into their most serious consideration!

:D Swampy was closed before those 4 men went to the control tower. Swampy was closed almost immediately. Sorry to say it but the AOT blames ONE PERSON for the closure. Their employee.

Phuket was not being discussed :D You jumped into the middle of something with the 250k kidnapped ... edited to add other irrelevancies .. and keep with it :D

I jumped in when you started discussing Suvarnabhumi. Don't tell me I'm going off-topic, because I quoted you ont he Suvarnabhumi statement. When you know you've been talking garbage and senseless excuses, jump off the subject. Good move. Everyone knows what happened and your tunnel-vision doesn't really affect the rest of the world.

Reds claim to be against the military interfering with politics, but the moment they think the military are doing so where Abhisit is concerned, they all squeal with delight.

Reds claim to be against the military interfering with politics, but the moment they think the military are doing so where Abhisit is concerned, they all squeal with delight.

I'm sure you are right that most Reds 'squealed with delight' when many Army troops failed to assasinate innocent protesters. Most Thais of any political party took delight in this. Who wanted to see innocent Thais, journalists and rescue workers murdered?

I jumped in when you started discussing Suvarnabhumi. Don't tell me I'm going off-topic, because I quoted you ont he Suvarnabhumi statement. When you know you've been talking garbage and senseless excuses, jump off the subject. Good move. Everyone knows what happened and your tunnel-vision doesn't really affect the rest of the world.

:D Nope -- you started with ~~ The reds kidnapped 250k people?~~~ then you edited to add more

I want to let this die but your lies need to be rebutted -----

AOT blames director ....

http://www.cargonewsasia.com/secured/artic...p;article=17953

PAD storms control tower (one day after the airport was closed!)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...trol-tower.html

Now ---- can we get back to the topic? The government being helped by Interpol arresting/tracking Thaksin! Al Jazeera says the evidence is there for the terrorism charge to be laid.

I'm sure you are right that most Reds 'squealed with delight' when many Army troops failed to assasinate innocent protesters. Most Thais of any political party took delight in this. Who wanted to see innocent Thais, journalists and rescue workers murdered?

Well ... since you asked the question. The government had the most to lose in people getting killed because historically in Thailand no governent survives Thais being killed by the military.

The Reds however have EVERYTHING to gain by just that happening. Sacrifice some pawns and force the governent to fold was the strategy being applied in this instance. Watch the videos from April 10th and maybe your eyes will be opened.

Who wanted to see innocent Thais, journalists and rescue workers murdered?

An extremist faction of the reds would be my guess. What's yours?

Exactly Rivalex! They couldn't wait to kidnap the corpses, put them in red painted coffins and parade them around Bangkok as martyrs after April 10.

You would expect a PhD to be able to spell or use spell check, wouldn't you?

Any meaningful comment on the contents, rather than the English ?

I'm sure INTERPOL is taking this letter into their most serious consideration!

Well, may be not their 'most serious' consideration :D

I'm sure they are waiting with anguish for the request to apprehend K. Thaksin from the Thai government and the accompanying documents which surely will run into thousands of pages. Only reading ones already takes awhile :)

AOT blames director ....

Now ---- can we get back to the topic? The government being helped by Interpol arresting/tracking Thaksin! Al Jazeera says the evidence is there for the terrorism charge to be laid.

You're rebutting yourself. Here is what that article writes:

The Airports of Thailand (AoT) board blamed Suvarnabhumi airport director Serirat Prasutanond for jeopardising and confusing airlines by bypassing the protocol for closing an airport on November 25 after anti-government demonstrators arrived there, according to the Bangkok Post.

No airport director in the world will leave an airport open with armed protesters running around the terminal, don't you think? Like I said, your excuses are garbage. Keep trying, you'll improve eventually.

The Airports of Thailand (AoT) board blamed Suvarnabhumi airport director Serirat Prasutanond for jeopardising and confusing airlines by bypassing the protocol for closing an airport on November 25 after anti-government demonstrators arrived there, according to the Bangkok Post.

No airport director in the world will leave an airport open with armed protesters running around the terminal, don't you think? Like I said, your excuses are garbage. Keep trying, you'll improve eventually.

The article says "anti-government protesters arrived". That's not really the same as you state "armed protesters running around".

Anyway, back to the fun of K. Thaksin against the world, eh.. sorry Interpol.

continued from above

An open letter to Interpol from a Thai PhD in politics and international relations in UK

Posted by Yoon , Reader : 827 , 09:18:19

16 th April 2010: Red shirts bomb attacks at three high voltage electricity pylons in Ayuthaya's Bang Pa-in district were intended to plunge parts of Bangkok into darkness. See http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/3...lackout-averted (breach of item 2 as above-listed). On the same day , two high-ranking officers were taken hostage by Red Shirt protesters. See http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world...i-1225854613652 (breach of item 3).

21st April 2010: Thousands of Red Shirt protestors halted a train entering Bangkok. Source http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Shirts-B...-T-t358129.html

23rd April 2010: Red shirt protestors attacked unarmed civilians at Silom, a commercial district in Bangkok, with four granades resulting in 3 casualities and 75 injuries. See http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/3...ror-grips-silom (breach of item 1, 2, and 4 as above listed).

27th April 2010: Red shirt protesters interfered with crucial CCTV cameras and dumped car tires on the rail track of Bangkok Sky Train. This act would have caused thousands of casualties, had the railway company not found out and halted its operations in time. See http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2010/04/bts-...mes-operations/ (breach of item 1 and 2, the elements of terrorism acts).

29th Apr 2010: More than 200 Red Shirt guards raided Chulalongkorn hospital, resulting in the evacuation of patients and caused some deaths. See

(breach of item 1, 2 and 3 as listed above).

19th May 2010: Red Shirt Protestors used small children at barricades as human shield. This act is condemned by international humanitarian institutions. See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-civil-war.html

On the same day, Red Shirt Protestors set fires on more than 36 important sites of Bangkok including Bangkok headquarters of Channel 3 television, where around 100 people were trapped inside. Massive fires caused the collapse of Thailand’s largest shopping mall Central World. Refer to http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...k-30130187.html (breach of item 1 based on the elements of terrorism acts listed by The International Humanitarian Law). On the same day, Red Shirt Protestors attacked journalists. Reporters Without Borders condemns the violence against journalists by Red Shirt demonstrators. International law clearly states that journalists cannot be targets. Source http://en.rsf.org/a-second-journalist-kill...2010,37509.html (breach of item 1 as listed above). The United Nations and the U.S. officials also condemn Red Shirt’s substantial burning and looting in neighborhoods throughout Bangkok, and sporadic violence throughout the country. Gordon Duguid, the US State Department Deputy Spokesman, said "However, we are deeply concerned that Red Shirt supporters have engaged in arson, targeting the electricity infrastructure and media outlets, and have attacked individual journalists. We condemn such behavior and call on UDD [Red Shirt] leaders and affiliated opposition politicians to urge their supporters to stop such acts."

Post 19 th may 2010-today: Arsons by Thaksin red-shirted supporters spread to other parts of Thailand including Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai , Udon Thani, Mukdahan and Ubon Ratchthani. See

(breach of item 1 and 2)

In addition to these violent attacks, Thaksin supporters also set up long-term road blockages in commercial districts of Rachaprasong and Lumpini Park, and blockage of Pan Fa Bridge and roads leading to Bangkok, the capital of Thailand. These have had tremendous effect on businesses and daily lives of common people and the national economy alike. It cost Thailand the loss of billions of baht and contributed to Thai people’s increasing debt and unemployment. Thaksin supporters also attacked a number of officials’ residential homes with bombs.

Red Shirt Movement is a violent, sophisticated, armed and well-trained group. The authorities discovered piles of war weapons used by Red Shirt Protesters. Source http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/Thai-...e-94654479.html Thaksin has been found involving with these protests by means of direct funding with billions of baht transferring regularly from him to Red Shirt leaders. Connections are found between Thaksin and armed militias. He is also charged for fomenting the conflicts. Thailand’s Department of Special Investigations provided the Criminal Court documents and clips of Thaksin speaking from abroad via video link to red-shirt rallies. Much of his speech stirred up violent attacks to both officials and civilians. He has publicly expressed support for the Red Shirts' cause. Red Shirt Protestors seeking pardon for Thaksin of his corruption charge (17 th August 2009) and many pictures of Thaksin found in the Red Shirts’ camp indicate further linkages between the two parties. See

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp...1057068/1/.html

According to the International Humanitarian Law, there is no obstacle to the fight against terrorism. Indeed, suspected terrorists can be prosecuted for acts of terrorism. The International Humanitarian Law indicates that states have the obligation and right to defend their citizens against terrorist attacks. This may include the arrest and detention of persons suspected of terrorist crimes. Such persons may be imprisoned until any sentence imposed has been served. Read the full text of the Fourth Geneva Convention . This letter lists out terrorism acts conducted by Thaksin-led and funded Red Shirt (UDD) movement. It also gathers any evidence available to the public. We will be circulating this letter for the Thai citizens to sign to show this is a true Thai voice. We believe that the work of your team and institution will serve justice to the millions of Thais affected by chaos and terrorism acts fomented and carried out by Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra. We kindly urge you to please send him back to Thailand to face his charges.

Thaksin is believed to hold passports from several countries and is based primarily in Dubai. Authorities in the United Arab Emirates have said he could remain there. Latest reports (as of 28 May 2010) indicated that Thaksin is residing in the seaside resort of Budva, in Montenegro, where he has obtained Montenegrin citizenship.

Please find attached photos of these evidences. For detailed information of Thaksin’s movements, please do not hesitate to contact me or visit http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=109050695804673 . For official evidence of Thaksin’s investigations, please refer to Thailand’s Department of Special Investigation, Information Technology Center, 128 Moo 3 Chaengwattana Road, Thungsonghong Sub-district, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND

TEL. +66 2 821 9888 FAX +66 2 975 9811 http://www.dsi.go.th/eng/index.php

Yours sincerely,

Miss Deekana Tipchanta

PhD in Politics and International Relations

United Kingdom

For complete letter : http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/ThaiTalk/2010/05/29/entry-1

Edited by saintofsilence

Saturday , May 29 , 2010

NTERPOL

General Secretariat,

200, quai Charles de Gaulle

69006 Lyon

France

28 th May 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Thai Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for Thaksin on terrorism charges .........

<snip, full article above>

continued http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/ThaiTalk/2010/05/29/entry-1

All right! He explains the pylons. This one act is near conclusive prove that the whole show was planned from the start, including the assassination of army commanders and shooting of a 100 soldiers on April 10. If all 7 bombs had detonated, nothing would have been recorded that night. Probably the biggest oops of all by the reds.

Right in line with the reds destroying video cameras and shooting out street lights before the crackdown.

Edited by rabo

AOT blames director ....

Sure helps your cause not to include your past statements in what you quote :) The AOT blames the director. You lied about closing the airport after the control tower was entered. The airport was closed the day before. I have tried to find where it suggests that ARMED men entered the control tower and cannot find that. (They WERE masked) I have tried to find where armed men stormed the terminal and cannot find that either. That appears to be another fabrication on your part as well. I am not denying that some PAD members were armed. I am not denying it got hectic inside the terminal (after the airport was closed) when Sae Daeng's grenades started going off outside.

"arrived there" ----- That does not say "armed protesters running around the terminal"

You are changing your story constantly --- first you say it was closed AFTER the 4 men entered the control tower --- then "armed men running around the terminal" when the story you quote clearly says "arrived there" and that is all.

This whole discussion is about you not reading posts to know that I did not in fact suggest that the reds kidnapped 250k people. I rebutted another redshirt lie.

AGAIN ----- This thread is about Will Interpol Act? ---- Aljazeera and the foreign press reports suggest that it is indeed likely that Interpol will act.

continued from above

-- long letter deleted --

I think it's interesting and also a bit disturbing that there are that many references to youtube videos.

As both sides have shown, it's too easy to position a clip in a certain way especially if the context is unverifiable. I'm not saying any is lying, but none seem to concerned with the truth or have their version of it. :)

continued from above

I think it's interesting and also a bit disturbing that there are that many references to youtube videos.

As both sides have shown, it's too easy to position a clip in a certain way especially if the context is unverifiable. I'm not saying any is lying, but none seem to concerned with the truth or have their version of it. :)

It puts it all into nice package and makes the terrorism charge a lot stronger.

continued from above

I agree but this is from a professor ---- not a court.

Video forensics can tell a lot from the original video and can still ascertain whether video has been tampered with.

The question are ....

Is there enough evidence to support the CHARGE of terrorism? Yes

Is there enough evidence to gain a CONVICTION for terrorism? Who knows?

Do they REALLY want to extradite Thaksin or just lock him down some? Who knows?

Do they get to lock Thaksin up regardless of whether they get a conviction of terrorism? Yes. Does that mean they can proceed with the approximately 19 outstanding cases against Thaksin that require his presence in court at least once to proceed? Yes

I'm sure you are right that most Reds 'squealed with delight' when many Army troops failed to assasinate innocent protesters.

So the reds are happy with military intervention if they deem it to have saved lives? Hmmm. Funny that, because i seem to recall the coup preventing an outbreak of violence on the streets.

AGAIN ----- This thread is about Will Interpol Act? ---- Aljazeera and the foreign press reports suggest that it is indeed likely that Interpol will act.

More garbage from you. Interpol released a statement yesterday (Friday) saying that they have not even received a request from the Thai government (oops!) and they also said that they will not act on politically motivated charges.

Do they get to lock Thaksin up regardless of whether they get a conviction of terrorism? Yes.

Did you read that in a fortune cookie? What if he doesn't come back and isn't extradited? Will they still get to lock him up? See how your sentences don't make any sense? Unless you're a fortune teller, of course. Or read that in a fortune cookie.