Chiang To Phuket On One Full Tank

nokia

60 kmh in fifth gear nonstop (no red lights or yielding please), 205 tyres with 50 psi tyrepressure, no aircon, closed windows, 45 kg driver, covered bed (canopy), no lights, strong wind from the north, homesick, sure, no problem :)

in the real world, expect 30% more fuel to drive normally.

I get about 750Km out of my Prerunner Smart Cab, with 20 inch wheels.. But that is not going fast and only on highway... For intown driving I get about 600km... so depends on how you drive, but I am sure that it is not fiction, but a very carefully calculated claim...

A couple of months ago we went on a 1,600 km family excursion from Issan to Rayong and back. Mostly night driving sticking to the speed limit with a mix of heavy traffic on main highways and quiet less travelled smaller roads.

Brother in Law in his near new Prerunner, 2 adults, 2 kids plus luggage managed just under 1,300 kms before refueling. The fully loaded fortuner wasn't as efficient.

Farma. Do you know how many litres of fuel he put in to fill it back up?

I didn't take note. I was amazed at how well he did on the tank. We both filled our tanks at the start of the journey and traveled as a pair. I had to refuel a couple of hours into the return trip. He didn't refuel then and drove a few 100 Km more before he did. We were more than halfway home by that stage.

60 kmh in fifth gear nonstop (no red lights or yielding please), 205 tyres with 50 psi tyrepressure, no aircon, closed windows, 45 kg driver, covered bed (canopy), no lights, strong wind from the north, homesick, sure, no problem :)

At 60kmh, it will take an awful 25 hours to reach Phuket, and that will require at least 3 shifts of different driver. Who can drive continously for that long?

Actually, in a very economical world of slow acceleration & no quick braking, i already use 40% more fuel than what Vigo claimed.

So one full tank of 75L will probably last me 1000 km, so i will end up high & dry somewhere in Prachuap Khiri Khan with an empty tank on my 3L Vigo.

Can i ask Toyota for a refund since in their advertisement, they didn't specify driving at 40-60kmh, without aircon, without cargo, or maybe even without any driver at all. Robot?

1500km, fact or fiction?

Farma, 1300km sounds very economical for a PreRunner. Does your bro-in-law has any particular driving habit?

Cheers!

At 60kmh, it will take an awful 25 hours to reach Phuket, and that will require at least 3 shifts of different driver. Who can drive continously for that long?

Actually, in a very economical world of slow acceleration & no quick braking, i already use 40% more fuel than what Vigo claimed.

So one full tank of 75L will probably last me 1000 km, so i will end up high & dry somewhere in Prachuap Khiri Khan with an empty tank on my 3L Vigo.

Can i ask Toyota for a refund since in their advertisement, they didn't specify driving at 40-60kmh, without aircon, without cargo, or maybe even without any driver at all. Robot?

1500km, fact or fiction?

Farma, 1300km sounds very economical for a PreRunner. Does your bro-in-law has any particular driving habit?

Cheers!

my 2010 Vigo 3,0 VN 4x4 auto 4 door, I usually need 65 litres of diesel to cover 600km. Real world, going fast on highways (140-160kmh on cruisecontrol), having fun sometimes, and usually loaded with a Ninja 650R, a rottweiler and lots of stuff on long distance.

I find 17KM to the ltr for a 3.0 toyota very unlikely.. indeed.

I have a 2.5 turbo diesel. 2008.Small pickup. and if i really pamper it i get 17. If i drive like everyone else i get about 14-15.

snip

Cheers!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I’ve been looking at my map to see if my figures were right. I was a bit optimistic when I first posted but not too far out.

Just working off the map distances, I refueled 898 kms which was about right for me. My fuel gauge was showing empty but the fuel warning light wasn’t on. The BiL refueled at 1,220 kms. We made a couple of small side trips but not far enough to count.

It was a slow drive not exceeding 80 kmph. I found it hard to keep to his slow speed. At times it felt like I was just idling along. He isn’t a confident driver at night time and doesn’t accelerate fast. We just plodded along on the trip.

they are assuming you coast the first 200km in neutral comiing down hill...lol and taking a ferry the last 300 km

hey tb86 you must be a fan of the Toyota advertisement too where you see the vehicle coasting down the hill.... btw, is there a hill there is 200km long in Thailand? maybe they use a special hybrid Vigo which converts kinetic energy into potential energy?

ANd then ship the Vigo on a ferry from Ranong to Phuket? :) hahaha

snip

Cheers!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I’ve been looking at my map to see if my figures were right. I was a bit optimistic when I first posted but not too far out.

Just working off the map distances, I refueled 898 kms which was about right for me. My fuel gauge was showing empty but the fuel warning light wasn’t on. The BiL refueled at 1,220 kms. We made a couple of small side trips but not far enough to count.

It was a slow drive not exceeding 80 kmph. I found it hard to keep to his slow speed. At times it felt like I was just idling along. He isn’t a confident driver at night time and doesn’t accelerate fast. We just plodded along on the trip.

Economically, the figures are very efficient for a 3.0 Fortuna & also the 2.5 PreRunner. I think most people are not able to beat your figures.

On the other hand, it's certainly a test on the patience driving below 80kmh on the highway. Even driving below 100-120kmh(actual speed limits) is unbearable for most drivers who are heavy-footed.

To each his own, i guess... Thanks for sharing.

I am doing 1200 km on a tank whit my Vigo also . But i have a 4X2 vigo 2.5 ic sure this use much less than a prerunner . ( Prerunners are 3.0 L )

Chiang Rai - Bangkok Still 30 % fuel left .

Edited by bram

I am doing 1200 km on a tank whit my Vigo also . But i have a 4X2 vigo 2.5 ic sure this use much less than a prerunner . ( Prerunners are 3.0 L )

Chiang Rai - Bangkok Still 30 % fuel left .

CR-BKK 800KM, sounds good with 30% left. Any particular driving habits(speed) to share with the folks here?

btw, do you support Toyota's advertisement claim of 1500KM from Chiang Mai to Phuket using your Vigo 2.5? Do you think whether is it realistically possible?

Cheers!