Travelling From Bangkok To Sangkhlaburi.

Hello everyone,

I will be travelling to Bangkok in about two weeks. I need to go directly to Sangkhlaburi. once I arrive. I was wondering how I could best do this? I have looked up the time tables for the Mo Chin Bus Station and the Souther Bus station but it doesn't seem that they offer buses that go directly to Sangkhlaburi or even Kanchanaburi. Although I prefer to go directly to Sangkhlaburi I do not mind stopping in Kanchanaburi and transferring buses.

If anyone can offer information on how best to get to Sangkhlaburi from Bangkok, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Soroosh

Edited by Marlow1212

Try this link

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thre...hreadID=1554699

I found it with a google search

I haven't bussed all the way, but I have taken a bus from the Southern Bus terminal to Kanchanaburi many times. You can catch a shuttle bus from the Airport Transport Centre (Shuttle from the terminal) to the Southern Bus Terminal and go from there. Both aircon and 'public' buses run from the Sothern Bus Terminal.

I've always hired a motorcycle and ridden out to Sangklaburi, 3 hours is a fast time, 4 taking it easy, and the last 40 Kms or so is very picturesque, but motorcycle experience is desirable.

The bus from Kanchanaburi to Sangklaburi takes 5+ hours and is a public bus, also taking freight down the back.

As for your original question, I can't help you with an answer, but I would be doubtful that any night buses run the route as I think even K'buri to Bangkok stops early evening.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Does anyone know if any night time buses go to Sangklahburi? My plane lands around 11:10 pm, and I would prefer not to stay in a hotel.

No night buses. Direct from mor chit in an older bus (no toilet) with old a/c three times a day and one VIP bus (equally old).

If I recall correctly the first bus is circa 7 or 8am. They changed the schedule a fee months ago.

Ur gonna have to spend the night in bkk.

Are u arriving by plane? Worth checking out the bus station near to the airport. Maybe u can get kanchanaburi and then early bus to Sangkhlaburi

I go up to Sangkhlaburi quite a bit and i usually take a Van from Century Movie Plaza (next to BTS Victory monument) It's a lot easier to get here than to either the Southern or Northern bus terminals..Vans usually start running around six in the morning. The Van will drop you off at Kanchanaburi bus station and from here you can catch the van to Sangkhla (not sure of the the departure times tho) I find the vans a lot quicker and more convenient to be honest.

I go up to Sangkhlaburi quite a bit and i usually take a Van from Century Movie Plaza (next to BTS Victory monument) It's a lot easier to get here than to either the Southern or Northern bus terminals..Vans usually start running around six in the morning. The Van will drop you off at Kanchanaburi bus station and from here you can catch the van to Sangkhla (not sure of the the departure times tho) I find the vans a lot quicker and more convenient to be honest.

Incredible! Thank you everyone! I will consider taking the van. Hopefully they are air conditioned!!!