Defense Minister Concerned About Plots To Kill Thai Govt Leaders

webfact

I grant it to you that i havent seen proof for all .

But deadly crackdown yes

Banning opposition media yes (Prachatai f.e)

Censorship yes (most websites critical of the governement are banned)

SOE and continuous curfew damaging the economy

Demonising the reds by saying they are terrorists Yes

I would add double standards (the yellows extremist fringe at the airport stunt are not in jail )

You tend to speak in absolute proofs which have no value without a context. If I say "Americans killed people" is true but without proper context meaningless.

True ... let me correct .

Killing of unarmed protesters . Note that am not blaming that much Abhisit , we both know the army in THailand do pretty much as they pleased .

Abhisit had to put an end to the mayhem . But killings were not justified unless they prove that those killed had also firearms otherwise those responsible

should face charge which of course will never happen . I doubt

the japanese Reuter journalist was armed anyway , thats one too many . And please dont tell me he was killed by the reds

Banning medias . Well in democracy this is unnaceptable and there i blame Abhisit . If he is unhappy bout some media reporting about him

he should put his case in front of a court and get a verdict against those medias , if the court find the media guilty , its for them to

impose fines or in extreme case ban the media .

Same as above for website censorship

Demonising the reds . If they are all terrorists why did he talked to them and proposed his roadmap ?

Is it the policy of the governement to talk to terrorists? Of course not , Abhisit knows they are not terrorists

A few are extremists yes I can say criminals arsonists , one can call them terrorists , anyway they should be in jail . And some of the violent yellows likewise

if any justice in Thailand .

Continuous curfew and SOE , yes it damages the economy and the confidence in Thailand . What will be next ? governing by decree , enabling act

like in Nazi Germany ?

Well you have your context ...

Edited by DoubleTrouble54

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Seh daeng be considered top government leader?

Anyway, it is too late.

He is dead.

No. first because he was not in the government and 2nd because he was a crazy, egotistical zealot who let him self become Thaksins rabid dog. You put down rabid dogs.

But he did get a royal funeral.

As though it really matter for him?

Did he ?

I the funeral involved something given from the king, not sure if its a royal funeral...but i think he got that because he used to be a royal guard (faction of soldier whose job is to protect the royal family) (pronounced: Taharn Ongkarak in thai)

Anyway, it is too late.

He is dead.

No. first because he was not in the government and 2nd because he was a crazy, egotistical zealot who let him self become Thaksins rabid dog. You put down rabid dogs.

Eh, no, he was not royal, so he did not get a royal funeral. He did however get a sponsored funeral as higher servants can get. See for instance the police captain that was killed in the south recently.

Anyway, it is too late.

He is dead.

Did he ?

I the funeral involved something given from the king, not sure if its a royal funeral...but i think he got that because he used to be a royal guard (faction of soldier whose job is to protect the royal family) (pronounced: Taharn Ongkarak in thai)

This guy "thaicbr" shows very clearly that many of them don't have elementary culture.

I saw idiots all around the world but talking this way about dead man is out of mind, insane!

I am asking mods and admins to ban this guy and any one who is talking this way.

This talk has nothing with democracy, freedom od speech or any norm in civilized world.

Congratulation thaicbr, you are at the best service to your country this way.

It might be wise to monitor some communications between Montenegro and Thailand....Just in case...

They should monitor not just some but all the communication between Thaksin, family and friends.

Not sure what is wrong with this government to act on the evidences they have to put stop on this terrorism acts. I am sure they can get help from US anytime they need and want

The US LOVES people like Thaksin - he would sell his own grandmother....

I strongly suspect that the US would like Thaksin to return to power in Thailand.

It might be wise to monitor some communications between Montenegro and Thailand....Just in case...

They should monitor not just some but all the communication between Thaksin, family and friends.

Not sure what is wrong with this government to act on the evidences they have to put stop on this terrorism acts. I am sure they can get help from US anytime they need and want

The US LOVES people like Thaksin - he would sell his own grandmother....

I strongly suspect that the US would like Thaksin to return to power in Thailand.

Its nothing to do with the US, though Hilary seems to be trotting around the globe desperate to get involved in other nations business and seems intent on creating a war with either N Korea OR Iran.

You tend to speak in absolute proofs which have no value without a context. If I say "Americans killed people" is true but without proper context meaningless.

True ... let me correct .

Killing of unarmed protesters . Note that am not blaming that much Abhisit , we both know the army in THailand do pretty much as they pleased .

Abhisit had to put an end to the mayhem . But killings were not justified unless they prove that those killed had also firearms otherwise those responsible

should face charge which of course will never happen . I doubt

the japanese Reuter journalist was armed anyway , thats one too many . And please dont tell me he was killed by the reds

Banning medias . Well in democracy this is unnaceptable and there i blame Abhisit . If he is unhappy bout some media reporting about him

he should put his case in front of a court and get a verdict against those medias , if the court find the media guilty , its for them to

impose fines or in extreme case ban the media .

Same as above for website censorship

Demonising the reds . If they are all terrorists why did he talked to them and proposed his roadmap ?

Is it the policy of the governement to talk to terrorists? Of course not , Abhisit knows they are not terrorists

A few are extremists yes I can say criminals arsonists , one can call them terrorists , anyway they should be in jail . And some of the violent yellows likewise

if any justice in Thailand .

Continuous curfew and SOE , yes it damages the economy and the confidence in Thailand . What will be next ? governing by decree , enabling act

like in Nazi Germany ?

Well you have your context ...

Just stumbled over your reply. Thanks for the context. Can't say I agree with much of it, but then if I did you'd fall from your chair. With posts in a forum you do not have the space to elaborate. This means you end up with powerpoint-like sheets (.three word statement, below two line explanation). You cannot put the appropriate context in a short sentence. For instance your sentence

"Continuous curfew and SOE , yes it damages the economy and the confidence in Thailand . What will be next ? governing by decree , enabling act like in Nazi Germany ?"

Curfew / SoE lifted. damage economy/confidence (no explanation as to why that would be), What will be next, you give your own suggestion rather than what might happen. Reference to Nazi Germany is your opinion.

Anyway thank you to show how you see the context in your very own, personal opinion.

Since Thailand is G20 member you clearly see how they follow up on the global Agenda.

- wars of (self-created) terror

- tougher 'security' measures

- martial law being used

- killing unarmed people is made day to day practice as part to de-sensitize people

- creating images of violence via agent provocateurs, yes I mean all them fake M-79 attacks + the 2 real ones

- massive pressure on the media to conformationally report and keep the 'good image' of the lying politicians

- double speak: One day it's "We did not use real ammunition" but people die; next day it's "Now we are allowed to use live ammo" ?!?

- Greedy bastards and the elite steer this fake two-party paradigm aka yellow vs. red to keep the masses dumb

It's all smokescreens, while Abhisit is laughing his butt off, thanks to the reds he is still in power, otherwise the government would be dissolved already (236Bt mil. taken from petrochemical company and 30Bt mil. are allowed as party 'contribution')

Guys wake up, Thailand is being marched into the new world order B$ big time, right now. And who will rise again now, since all them yuppies in BKK and their offspring rather tweet where the heck they're having a 150Bt. ice-cream, the days wage of 'normal / rural' people.

I dislike seeing the 'happy country' image to fade away between them angry red's, the government agents / military and the Chinese descendants elite ruling the country from Sathorn and Silom via economics.

May the people unite and see the game of the puppet masters! Bless Thailand!!!

:)

I agree on that.

It's really bad to see, that now here in Thailand too, anyone of an opposing party is wrongful to be seen as a terrorist and unfair laws applied to them.

Makes the marriage or being a child of any real terrorist them automatically being terrorists too?

Since the coup of 2006, Thailand is a military lead country even with the current, so called democratic, government.

Just my two cents....

Since Thailand is G20 member you clearly see how they follow up on the global Agenda.

- martial law being used

- killing unarmed people is made day to day practice as part to de-sensitize people

- creating images of violence via agent provocateurs, yes I mean all them fake M-79 attacks + the 2 real ones

- massive pressure on the media to conformationally report and keep the 'good image' of the lying politicians

- double speak: One day it's "We did not use real ammunition" but people die; next day it's "Now we are allowed to use live ammo" ?!?

- Greedy bastards and the elite steer this fake two-party paradigm aka yellow vs. red to keep the masses dumb

It's all smokescreens, while Abhisit is laughing his butt off, thanks to the reds he is still in power, otherwise the government would be dissolved already (236Bt mil. taken from petrochemical company and 30Bt mil. are allowed as party 'contribution')

Guys wake up, Thailand is being marched into the new world order B$ big time, right now. And who will rise again now, since all them yuppies in BKK and their offspring rather tweet where the heck they're having a 150Bt. ice-cream, the days wage of 'normal / rural' people.

I dislike seeing the 'happy country' image to fade away between them angry red's, the government agents / military and the Chinese descendants elite ruling the country from Sathorn and Silom via economics.

I agree on that.

It's really bad to see, that now here in Thailand too, anyone of an opposing party is wrongful to be seen as a terrorist and unfair laws applied to them.

Makes the marriage or being a child of any real terrorist them automatically being terrorists too?Reach a luittle deepr

Since the coup of 2006, Thailand is a military lead country even with the current, so called democratic, government.

Just my two cents....

Reach a little deeper next time so one doesn't get the feeling that you have no idea what is going on.

Anyway, it is too late.

He is dead.

Correct me if I am wrong, the royal family paid for his funeral according to news coverage.

'Sponsored' does not mean paid. It means something more like royally recognized. There are plenty of sponsored funerals.

- martial law being used

I agree on that.

Makes the marriage or being a child of any real terrorist them automatically being terrorists too?Reach a luittle deepr

Just my two cents....

Reach a little deeper next time so one doesn't get the feeling that you have no idea what is going on.

How deep should I go after 22 years here?

Sorry for that but it wasn't my intention to take influence on your feelings. :D

More likely that the unelected defense minister knows that he can finger the army generals who pulled the trigger.

And the military junta generals who pulled the trigger know the defense minister can finger them.

now you know why the unelected defense minister makes his statement.

Having read there are around 700 Generals in Thailand drawing salaries how does this compare on a world ranking I wonder? Any experts out there?

From various Googled sources;

"As of February 28, 2009 1,454,515 people are on active duty in the U.S. military with an additional 848,000 people in the seven reserve components."

In all, there can be only 302 general officers (generals, lieutenant generals, major generals and brigadier generals) in the U.S. Army. "

Appreciate your providing numbers, however, there is incongruity in them.

Your first number includes all military (Marines, Air Force, Navy, and Army) whereas your second number only includes Army.

Also appreciate serithai's post, but does anyone have more definitive linkable information on Thailand's rank structure?

Id like to know the rank structure too. :)

I am aware that I listed total military personal and only Army Generals. Two different sets of facts.

I think you can easily search and find specifically what you are interested in. For Thai Rank Structure try this for starters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_rank...ai_armed_forces

With two high ranking assasinations the last two months and last years attempt on Sondhi - and with the second violent crackdown and at least 88 dead - and 2000 injured - they have every right to be concerned. If these "Ronin" are as heavily armed, organized and violent as the government claim I would be surprised if there where no attempt on high ranking persons life the next year. You reap what you sow, and its sad to see a government err to the point of sending its country into a spiral of violence.

This guy "thaicbr" shows very clearly that many of them don't have elementary culture.

I saw idiots all around the world but talking this way about dead man is out of mind, insane!

I am asking mods and admins to ban this guy and any one who is talking this way.

This talk has nothing with democracy, freedom od speech or any norm in civilized world.

Congratulation thaicbr, you are at the best service to your country this way.

Stepenwolf. Up to you what you want to do. The statement was said as a fact as i see it. I believe that his death actually saved a lot of other deaths. I believe that he was the commander of the Red militia and that he was intrumental in the Reds not accepting the 5 point plan because his boss/mentor did not want it.

That is my belief. I stand by that statement and i also believe others feel the same way. You do not thats fine, Thats your freedom of speech, Please do not enroach on mine.

As far as i know, Montenegro has no any level of diplomacy with Thailand. If true, will be not possible to even scratch Thaksin if he get the passport from Montenegro...

Montenegro is TRYING to get full membership in the EU. So that kills your theory.

One of the sad things here is that the likes of Abhisit, Suthep, Newin and others will never be able to lead a normal life again. Some people might be happy over that, however I think its sad.

Always the problem when civilians are killed, but also in this case a man with many dangerous friends was killed too.

Certain people will probably always now be worried, whether its today, next month, next year, 5 years time or whenever that they might just be walking by a window, or outside somewhere and whoosh, a sniper shot comes ringing in.

The Thai's often have a very long memory when it comes to revenge and retribution, and as per the defense ministers concerns, I think he is probably right, certain people will need massive protection now, likely for the remainder of their lives.

One of the sad things here is that the likes of Abhisit, Suthep, Newin and others will never be able to lead a normal life again. Some people might be happy over that, however I think its sad.

Always the problem when civilians are killed, but also in this case a man with many dangerous friends was killed too.

Certain people will probably always now be worried, whether its today, next month, next year, 5 years time or whenever that they might just be walking by a window, or outside somewhere and whoosh, a sniper shot comes ringing in.

The Thai's often have a very long memory when it comes to revenge and retribution, and as per the defense ministers concerns, I think he is probably right, certain people will need massive protection now, likely for the remainder of their lives.

Add in the entire red leadership too.

Add in the entire red leadership too.

Which includes many of these same PTP MPs trying to grill / bring down the government, at this moment,

for stopping their own plot to.... rimshot... bring down the government.

Create and escallate a scenario for death and mayhem until it is intolerable for the majority of citizens,

just to make up for their parliamentary mistakes, and then hypocritically castigate those that had

no choice but to restore order. Breathtaking hypocrisies...

Some red families are far from the only ones who lost in this. Those others deserve justice also.

Elephants all.

Edited by animatic