Flight From Bangkok To Chiang Mai

nattydread

went into a travel agents in Pattaya today and was quoted a reasonable 2300 baht for a one way ticket to CM......however the weight limit is 15 kg in the hold and 5 kg hand luggage..........i have 30 kg to go in the hole but they want 400 baht a kg extra that adds up to another 6000 baht making 8300 baht in total which is totally outrageous in my opinion.................apart from getting on a bus has anyone got any other ideas or airline suggestions that would help......thanks

On Bangkok Airways you can get up to 30 kg allowance if you signup for their Frequent Flier program and if you use web check-in (they give you a 5kg luggage allowance bonus for each of those things and allow you 20kg without FF and web check-in). Bought a ticket on-line from them recently for BKK-CNX and the total fair was 1915 Baht.

Edited by OriginalPoster

If you buy Air Asia online you can check what amt of baggage you want to fly with and so then you pay a raised price, but it's fairly reasonable. I did this recently when flying to BKK and had checked the 30kg box. Even if you didn't do that though, I believe their overweight charge is 65 B/ kg. Not 400 B! Someone's trying to make a pretty penny off of you.

Btw, I usually do the train when I fly back in to BKK. It's just easier to do the overnighter and have all my big bags with me and not hassle with paying more to anyone. Plus I pretty much always have some sort of interesting conversation or meet somebody fun while on the train. It's something different to do.

On Bangkok Airways you can get up to 30 kg allowance if you signup for their Frequent Flier program and if you use web check-in (they give you a 5kg luggage allowance bonus for each of those things and allow you 20kg without FF and web check-in). Bought a ticket on-line from them recently for BKK-CNX and the total fair was 1915 Baht.

thanks for that..have just signed up fo the flyer bonus and get an extra 10kg totalling 30kg for the hold and 5kg to take on the plane.....the ticket price was less too at 1915 baht

thanks for that..have just signed up fo the flyer bonus and get an extra 10kg totalling 30kg for the hold and 5kg to take on the plane.....the ticket price was less too at 1915 baht

They are pretty good about carryon's too. Though it might say in their rules that you can only carry on 5 or 7 kg of stuff, last time I flew with them I loaded up a photographer's backpack with about another 15 kg of stuff and had no problem carrying that on plane with me. Basically my strategy was to put all my most dense items in my carryon bag and the least dense items in my checked in bags. Between doing that and maxing out on the allowance for checked-in baggage, you can take pretty much stuff on the flight.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I believe that Nok-Air's premium-priced seats allow 30kgs in-the-hold, although flights are from DM, not Swampy. But given the time to get from Pattaya to the airport, I myself would just take the direct VIP-bus, from Pattaya to Chiang Mai.