Forum upgrade in progress! ×

10 Most Popular Bikes, Under 150cc: Sales?

Interesting question....but are you talking about the top ten favourite bikes or the top ten in sales (much as BMW 535 would be in the top ten cars that Thais would like to own but no where near the top ten)?

popular bike meaning most sales and can see every where around thailand.

honda dream is getting harder to see, people are actually getting other model to replace it.

i'm riding a suzuki best (now in workshop changing alot of new parts including the outer cover.) lucky it's cheap

Most popular bike in Thailand is currently the Honda Wave 110i, before it was another Honda Wave, and in the future it will likely be another Honda Wave. I was told that the Honda Wave sales numbers outperform all other motorcycles in Thailand with a 10 to 1... Honestly the information came from Honda, but if we look at the monthly number of motorcycles registered, Honda's numbers stand far from its closest competitor.

Most popular bike in Thailand is currently the Honda Wave 110i, before it was another Honda Wave, and in the future it will likely be another Honda Wave. I was told that the Honda Wave sales numbers outperform all other motorcycles in Thailand with a 10 to 1... Honestly the information came from Honda, but if we look at the monthly number of motorcycles registered, Honda's numbers stand far from its closest competitor.

yepp,

but I think Wave is 7 to 1 in LOS, but certainly 10 to 1 countryside

and to the poster who listed Suzuki Hayate, they stopped making them a year ago, and most dealer stocks are more than 18 months old. In this segment (large 110-135cc autos) Honda and Yamaha takes it all

Suzuki has a good set of scooters the Suzuki Skydrive 125 and the Suzuki Jelato (both 125cc with fuel-injection). The Suzuki Jelato is especially interesting as it much stronger than the Honda Scooty-i or the Yamaha Fino while the price is similar.

Suzuki has a good set of scooters the Suzuki Skydrive 125 and the Suzuki Jelato (both 125cc with fuel-injection). The Suzuki Jelato is especially interesting as it much stronger than the Honda Scooty-i or the Yamaha Fino while the price is similar.

agree, these are the best small/medium scoots in LOS. To bad they where unable to sell Hyate, and thus didnt upgrade it to injection when emission required so

Interesting question....but are you talking about the top ten favourite bikes or the top ten in sales (much as BMW 535 would be in the top ten cars that Thais would like to own but no where near the top ten)?

Sales, Dave as I said in my OP. :)

Thanks for all the responses, is there a sales stats page anywhere?

cheers :D

Can you expand on your comment that the Suzuki Jelato is stronger than the Scooty or Fino? My wife is considering buying a scooter and neither of us had considered the Jelato. Because both my son and I would also be using it and we are both quite tall, my wife had short listed the Elegance. She says the PCX is too expensive for a small engined scooter.

Can you expand on your comment that the Suzuki Jelato is stronger than the Scooty or Fino? My wife is considering buying a scooter and neither of us had considered the Jelato. Because both my son and I would also be using it and we are both quite tall, my wife had short listed the Elegance. She says the PCX is too expensive for a small engined scooter.

Gary,

I know zero about other autos and am just getting used to the Elsie.

Have a look at a low mileage one, you'll save a bundle and get a scooter with a lot of poke. :)

Gary,

I know zero about other autos and am just getting used to the Elsie.

Have a look at a low mileage one, you'll save a bundle and get a scooter with a lot of poke. :)

What are you looking at in terms of depreciation? That is, for one with 5K kms or less on the clock, what would be the savings over a new one? 10k Baht or more. I am always very wary of buying second hand. I have absolutely no experience of second hand vehicles but it is my understanding that you need to be very careful. I know some official Honda distributors also sell second hand bikes, ones they have repossessed and had their mechanics go over. Sold with limited service warranties too but I have no idea if the official dealers of other brands do likewise. It might be safer buying second hand from them if they do, but I suppose you would pay a premium when compared to a private sale.