:)

HELP NEEDED!!!!!

Hi ... I am flying from Kolkata(India) to Bangkok by KINGFISHER Airlines on 3rd July. I will reach Bangkok by 5 PM.

I have to Board Cebupacific from Bangkok to Phillipines the same night at 11:30 PM.

And i will return the same way, that is cebu from phill to bangkok. will, stay 3 days in bangkok. Then return to india flying with Kingfisher.

My queries are (I AM A INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDER with valid Phillipines Visa)

1) DO i need a Visa to transit at bangkok airport while coming from india and boarding Cebupacific.

2) If i need a visa to collect my luggage then i would have to pass through immigration to catch cebupacific. My question is when after 5 days i will be returning from Phillipines as i had planed to stay for 2-3 days in bangkok if bangkok immigration will give me one more visa in such a small duration, That is 2 tourist visas within 5-6 days.

Please Help me.... I had never faced such a situation........Kindly Help!!!!!!!!!

You should never need a visa for a country when you are in Transit, because you are not entering the country. Your baggage should go directly from one airline to the other, you should not have to retrieve your luggage, when you check in ask the airport to tag your luggage to your final destination.

Answer to Question 2. Thai Immigration will give you a visa for 30 days when you return from the Phillipines to stay a few days. At this time I do no think that there is a charge for the visa.

Being an Indian Passport holder he is not entitled to a Visa Exempt Entry.

He has to obtain a Visa on Arrival at the airport. They are free at the moment and will give 15 days stay.

Also when arriving by Kingfisher if he has to pass through Immigration to collect his luggage he will need a VOA as well. I am not sure that Kingfisher will book his luggage through to Philippines.

As said these appear to be discount airlines so no transit provisions would be available and luggage would have to be claimed so a VOA would be required. Ask your airline about it. Return another VOA would be required. Should not be a problem as onward tickets will be available. Just be sure to have sufficient funds and photos available.

As said these appear to be discount airlines so no transit provisions would be available and luggage would have to be claimed so a VOA would be required. Ask your airline about it. Return another VOA would be required. Should not be a problem as onward tickets will be available. Just be sure to have sufficient funds and photos available.

Yeah as Cebu is a discount airline i would have to take VOA to collect my luggage and proceed to immigration again to Board the Flight to PHIL, as I know Cebu don't have Checkin Counters at AIRSIDE.

My Main Concern is If Bangkok Will Give me Two VOA's in Such a short time. That is TWO VOA's in 5-6 days. I will have Sufficient Fund and Photos , No probs(But thanks for the Advice :) !!!).

HELP!!!!!

Kingfisher Airlines does not have an interline agreement with Cebu Pacific, therefore the OP will have to claim and recheck luggage into Cebu Pacific.

If the OP is traveling on his Indian passport, a transit visa or visa on arrival will be needed. Being that VOAs are currently free, while transit visas are not, the former is the better option.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Hi Arpita

As you have plenty of time before you flight to Cebu

I would suggest that you first go to the Airside TRANSIT desk

See if they are able to issue your Boarding Card and Retrieve your Baggage for you.

OR can you restrict yourself to Hand Luggage only???

If not then go for a Visa on arrival.

If you want to REMOVE all doubt and Stress - get a Double Entry Tourist Visa in India

My friend last got one in Chennai.

Maybe the Consulate in Mumbai or the Embassy in Delhi will also issue them.

To save time at the Visa on Arrival >

Get and COMPLETE a Form in advance if you can - Form TM.88 (double sided)

Have the Photograph and Bht 1,000 Fee

and The US$ living expenses ready to show.

These will get you in to the Queue QUICKLY

If you cant get a TM.88 in advance - make sure you take a few for Future Use !!!

especially to use when returning from Cebu

There should be no problem getting a second VOA soon after the first

as you will not even stay one day on the First

Edited by WilliamIV