Non Imm B Visa Extension With Tm7 Form

Hello, I'm just about to apply for my first extension of my Non Imm B visa on the grounds of working in my newly formed Thai company.

My work permit was issued on 7th April 2010 and my single entry Non Imm B visa expires end of June 2010

On the TM7 form it asks how many days I'm applying for, would this be 90 or any number up to 365 ?

What should I say as ‘Reason(s) for extension’ ? Working ?

Will I have to submit other documents like proof of paying tax ?

All/any replies most highly appreciated !

When applying for an extension of stay based on employement, you will need to show tax documents over the last two years. With a new company you will not be able to do that. Till you can you will need to get a new non-B visa instead of extensions of stay.

As it does seem as if you will not be able to obtain an extension of stay for some time, you might be better off heading to the U.S., U.K. or Australia to obtain a multiple-entry Non-Immigrant "B" visa rather than continually attempt to obtain new single-entry B visas in Southeast Asia.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png