Have Atm’s From Banks In The U.s. Stopped Working At Local Atm’s Here In Bangkok.

The last two days, I checked my chase bank account in the U.S. for my monthly deposit and it was there. When I first arrived in Thailand on May 2, 2010, I was able to withdraw the funds from any local ATM here, but now. I’ve tried several of them here and no luck.

I have a chase account also and was able to withdraw money yesterday. As I was a holdover customer from WAMU, they issued new debit cards, but didnt cancel old one until new was activated.

What message did the machine provide?

I have a chase account also and was able to withdraw money yesterday. As I was a holdover customer from WAMU, they issued new debit cards, but didnt cancel old one until new was activated.

If it's true blame the "redshirts" they've srewed up everything in this counrtry. All this for a power hungry billionaire that shops in Paris while eveybody suffers.

Have you phoned your bank? Some banks place a block on cards used in Thailand as this gets flagged up as possible fraud- a quick call gets the card activated again.

I had this happen a couple of years ago. It was one day before I flew to the UK so it wasn't a problem. Called the bank when I got there and they had noticed it was used whilst I was in Thailand. Confirmed that it was ok to use my cards again and made a note on their computers. Never had a problem since.

I also bank with Chase and have for years. When I first moved to LOS five years ago Chase would block my 2 ATM cards regularly when I used them here at ATMs and as debit cards. It took a few calls to the fraud department to finally get them to stop blocking the cards.

I'll give it a try again today. A friend of mine said that VISA has blocked transactions using a Visa debit card in Thailand, Philipines and some other country for fraud. I am not sure of this, but will see if the atm machine accepts the withdrawal.