Looking For House For Long Time

Eydos

Hi everybody!

I and my friend are looking for a house for a long time (around 1 year and more), price 10-12 000 baht/month

2 bedrooms, living room and kitchen, fully furnished, ADSL.

location - Kathu or Chalong.

Drive around and look at the small streets/soi`s at Chaofa West Road, there are lot of houses for rent, just to bring pen and paper and write down the telephone number that appears at the gates and skip the agents :)

you wont find a good house for 10-12k.......
Definitely have to speak out a big No-No here. I am living in a house (2 bedrooms with aircon and balcony, 2 Bathrooms - one with hot water, living room & kitchen, carport for 2 cars and 2 motorbikes, free water - electric bill from the office) in Patong, Nanai Road. I rented the place in 1995 and agreed on a rent of 12000 monthly, and that's what I am paying now. By the way, I have a written contract for the first two years, since that time we (landlord and me) never signed any papers except for him signing the receipt for the rent of three months in advance and we are still happy neighbors :) . It is possible to find places to stay in that range...

yes, i know))) just i thought may be somebody knows good house already =)))

in a rented house in two years, two bedrooms, kitchen, ac, internet, room to park the car and a gate, the house was about 5 years old, it cost me 8000tbh in Chalong, this was 1 year ago approximately, in order to find a house in your budget will not get any problems, talk with local ex pats in the field, you usually find them outside the mini mart business sitting and drinking beer on the stone table: P they know everyone and "everything" :)

Definitely have to speak out a big No-No here. I am living in a house (2 bedrooms with aircon and balcony, 2 Bathrooms - one with hot water, living room & kitchen, carport for 2 cars and 2 motorbikes, free water - electric bill from the office) in Patong, Nanai Road. I rented the place in 1995 and agreed on a rent of 12000 monthly, and that's what I am paying now. By the way, I have a written contract for the first two years, since that time we (landlord and me) never signed any papers except for him signing the receipt for the rent of three months in advance and we are still happy neighbors :) . It is possible to find places to stay in that range...

Thats 2.2 million in rent paid...ouch..

Not really.. Maybe instead of purchasing the house he bought aapl shares..

no problem to find a good house for this price.

2 bedrooms, living room, home office, real kitchen, 2 bathrooms, car park, small garden, internet, cable tv, 2 aircons...... pool and spa in the villa and all for only 9000 Bath per month. :)

land & house chalong you also will find big houses for 15.000 - 25.000 Bath.

dont listen to people who say good house with this and that for 11 000..

By bathroom, they mean a smelly pastel colored dark room with hot water, by furnished they mean worn out couches, a small glass tables, a 1995 tv and a crappy bed.

if you're talking about average quality, theres no houses under 15k and even then, its on the fence

dont listen to people who say good house with this and that for 11 000..

By bathroom, they mean a smelly pastel colored dark room with hot water, by furnished they mean worn out couches, a small glass tables, a 1995 tv and a crappy bed.

if you're talking about average quality, theres no houses under 15k and even then, its on the fence

So I am lying when I say I am paying 11k for a 2 bedroom house with air con, 800sqm garden in a private soi with sea views.

There are a couple of houses coming up for rent but the landlord will only rent to farang with Thai partners as he has been ripped off by a few single farangs.

I would rather shell out 2.2 mill in rent than ever buy anything again in this Land of Uncertainty.

If you had a bad experience befor thats understanable but 2.2 mil in rent, thats just absurd wastage, no wonder his neighbour is happy..the guy has paid for a house for him.... :)

If you had a bad experience befor thats understanable but 2.2 mil in rent, thats just absurd wastage, no wonder his neighbour is happy..the guy has paid for a house for him.... :)

Its not wastage at all, if your investment returns on the amount it would need to purchase something are higher than the rental cost you have to pay to occupy the same house..

My houses so far have had a rental cost of 3% on one and 2% on another, thats without even factoring in the maintenance the landlord has to perform. While at the same time I have been making >30% returns over the last 5 years.. I could buy multiple houses now and have paid the rent, out of the lost potential profits had I sold my investments instead of renting.

Why cant 'owners' see that or understand the time value of money ?

Theres many reasons to own a home (not that this is easy here) but the economic one is hardly compelling.

So I am lying when I say I am paying 11k for a 2 bedroom house with air con, 800sqm garden in a private soi with sea views.

There are a couple of houses coming up for rent but the landlord will only rent to farang with Thai partners as he has been ripped off by a few single farangs.

Rather than saying your a lair, I think hes just saying that 'on average' the stuff that rents under 15k is often fairly nasty or has neighborhood concerns, security issues, etc.

Sure theres bargains, a mate of mine rented a liveable house for 4500 baht for a while.. But in general, it all gets a bit too thai style 'on average' at the lower end on Phuket.

It's not wastage at all, if your investment returns on the amount it would need to purchase something are higher than the rental cost you have to pay to occupy the same house..

My houses so far have had a rental cost of 3% on one and 2% on another, thats without even factoring in the maintenance the landlord has to perform. While at the same time I have been making >30% returns over the last 5 years.. I could buy multiple houses now and have paid the rent, out of the lost potential profits had I sold my investments instead of renting.

Theres many reasons to own a home (not that this is easy here) but the economic one is hardly compelling.

I made more than 30% each past 3 years on ownership in Thailand and stayed in a wonderful house at the same time. Today I just taken a deposit on sale of 2nd house here with another great profit....again more than 30% past 2 years plus rental income. Happy days for me :) ...Am going to start work in August on another property, although will stay there for at least 5 years. Anyway, this is a little off topic now.

Its not wastage at all, if your investment returns on the amount it would need to purchase something are higher than the rental cost you have to pay to occupy the same house..

100% right, only reason i am saving $ to buy an expensive house is because i want to have my own high quality furniture and designs/arts and never having to move it get it stolen by landlord..

reselling a propriety especially in phuket, is a lol-esque idea :D