Ongoing "retirement Visa" Saga

As I'm in the process of trying to obtain a "Retirement Visa" I thought for the fun of it I'd create a timeline of events recording my efforts and their results. So far I've only gotten as far as obtaining the Non-Immigrant Type O visa - but here's what I've done so far:

http://www.geocities.com/huahin_photos/tha...rement.visa.htm

Now for the 12 month extension at Immigration :o Thanks for sharing

There was no need for that trip to Penang but you save the 2,000 baht visa conversions cost at immigration and I hope had a pleasant trip.

Don't know how current the income statement and medical need to be but I would get down to immigration sooner rather than later. You are also going to need a new bank balance letter. 4x6cm is correct photo size and only one will be needed in Bangkok but extra if upcountry. After you receive extension you will have to obtain a re-entry permit prior to any overseas travel or lose your extension so keep that in mind (many buy permit at same time as extension).

Oops. Just downed that you have a new visa so have to wait 60 days before extension application. Believe you will need new everything in that case.

Edited by lopburi3