Judo At Chiang Mai University

I coach Judo (sometimes in the evening at the University. However this is mainly for the students. So now I have started to coach Judo early in the morning at the Gym in Chiang Mai University. At the moment there are only a few of us. The sessions are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Time 0830 to 10.00 although these hours are flexible. The cost is about 500baht/year, this is for membership to use the facilities at the University. The lessons are free. The are 2 black belts there: one 1stDan and myself a 5thDan. Persons wanting to practice should be over 16 but there is no up limit. I f you are interested please pm me.

Edited by Nigelmartin

Hi Nigel,

I am a 1stDan black belt who recently arrived in Bangkok. Knowing that Bangkok has a high population of Japanese expats I was looking forward to continue practising judo. By researching online I found 3 promising clubs in Bangkok at: Thai-Japan Stadium, Ramkhamhaeng Univerity and National Stadium. I visited the two first locations to attend their respective Sunday practice according to the timetable. To my great disappointment, there was no practice, no club notice board and no functioning telephone number to the "coach". I haven't been to the National Stadium yet, but I don't have high hopes their either....

I wonder if you know any active judo clubs in Bangkok or if you know any judokas in Bangkok whom might be interested in getting together and practise judo?

/Herman

Hi Nigel,

I am a 1stDan black belt who recently arrived in Bangkok. Knowing that Bangkok has a high population of Japanese expats I was looking forward to continue practising judo. By researching online I found 3 promising clubs in Bangkok at: Thai-Japan Stadium, Ramkhamhaeng Univerity and National Stadium. I visited the two first locations to attend their respective Sunday practice according to the timetable. To my great disappointment, there was no practice, no club notice board and no functioning telephone number to the "coach". I haven't been to the National Stadium yet, but I don't have high hopes their either....

I wonder if you know any active judo clubs in Bangkok or if you know any judokas in Bangkok whom might be interested in getting together and practise judo?

/Herman

I have been to the National stadium myself, although 5 years ago now. The practise was very good. I have to say you will always find thing a bit dis organised. There are a few other clubs worth visiting. If you search the forum there are some discussions on other clubs. The is a Judo club on

Sukhumvit run by a 7th Dan Japanese guy and there is also the Fight Club at soi Asoke. If you can't find information on this site call me again. Best of Luck. Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I am trying to PM you but for some reason, I cannot access members profiles. Anyways, I am interested. I am a beginner. Have trained about 5 years ago for about 6 months. I forget everything. I would like to contact you. My phone number is 081 131 6267. Thank you, Daron

Hi Nigel,

I am trying to PM you but for some reason, I cannot access members profiles. Anyways, I am interested. I am a beginner. Have trained about 5 years ago for about 6 months. I forget everything. I would like to contact you. My phone number is 081 131 6267. Thank you, Daron

Darom,

My number is 0819264210. The next training session is Thursday at 0830am at the Gym Chiang Mai University. If you can't make that then Saturday same time. Please ring for directions. Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Darom,

My number is 0819264210. The next training session is Thursday at 0830am at the Gym Chiang Mai University. If you can't make that then Saturday same time. Please ring for directions. Nigel

Thank you

Thank you for this information Nigel. Do you have detailed information, such as address and training times, on the Judo club on Sukhumvit?

No sorry, the information was orginal from this forum. I have been to National Stadium and one of the other universities but that was many years ago. Most of the universities have Judo clubs but whether they are open to the public I don't know. Send me your personal detail as I'm planing to run a weekend course here in Chiang Mai. There are several 5thDans, 3rdDans and 1stDans. Together we will run a course. We will be able to provide accomodation so it will make a cheap weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just want to add that I have been training with Nigel now for a few months. The training is excellent, the classes are regular, the students are great, but we need some more people. Beginners, first timers welcome.

Does Pattaya have any Judo clubs at all?

I live in Pattaya and train/instruct self defense related martial arts, however for personal interest I always fancied learning Judo and if anyone knows of any Judo in Pattaya please let me know.

I am not really interested in things like BJJ or MMA and definitely not interested in Aikido (despite the cross over & occasional similar ground skills etc) it is Kodokan Judo that interests me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gerry