Buying A Water Pump

bankruatsteve

Looking for a water pump (demand/pressure whatever you call it) to service a 10x7.5 m 2 story house. I did (probably a feeble) internet search but didn't find what I'm looking for.

So, what specs should I be interested in to get one the "right" size?

Any brand recommendations?

Thanks!

Mitsubishi's Contant Pressure Water Pump, Model EP-305 QR (The squarish type)

300 watts. 55 lit/min. THB 7'000 plus.

Once you change to this pump, watch out for loose fixers on all you plumbing, it's strong...may burst some old tap joints. :)

OK - thanks for the recommend. What I'm looking for though is the specs of the pump that I can decide which one will do it for me. ie: I don't really need jet pressure - just enough to run a shower on the 2nd floor (which is maybe 4m higher than the pump).

Do you have a water tank fed by municipal supply or intend to pump from a well? (FYI do not pump direct from municipal supply)

It will be from a 1500l tank fed be either the well or the local supply. (I like options.) :)

Do you have a water tank fed by municipal supply or intend to pump from a well? (FYI do not pump direct from municipal supply)

It will be from a 1500l tank fed be either the well or the local supply. (I like options.) :)

Not more than 200Watt pump (either Hitachi or Mitsubishi recommend from a good dealer near you for waranty service if required)

When yo.u decide to pump from tank or need a well pump go talk to a supplier

The wisdom of the forum will say Grundfos, Grundfos or Grundfos.

Even if you don't buy one, the Grundfos Malaysia site (the Thai site does not appear to have English) has a handy sizing calculator, go here http://www.grundfos.com.my/ and choose the Online Catalogue, the sizer is in there.

Yah - I read the links on Grundfos. BUT - it seems a LOT of pressure was the main concern and I don't think I really need that. And, I've tried the link but (my internet connection is only 460kbps) I just can't seem to bring the sizer thing up.

One poster suggests the number of watts to decide. OK - but that must be related to some other spec that says the pump can deliver some grade (like low, med, high) pressure to a shower 4 meters higher. And, I'm using the smallish blue PVC (is that about 15mm OD?) So, should I just look for the best deal on 200W pump with consideration to brand?

The one i recommended is not jet pressure but constant pressure, meaning if you are having a shower and the washing machine is doing the laundry or someone else flush the bowl in another toilet or using the hose in the garden at the same time...your water pressure will not drop too much.

Edited by RedBullHorn

• 9 years later...