Any Decent Bars In Bkk?

w11guy

I didn't see a mention of RCA! The places there (Route 66, etc.) are still hopping and a somewhat older crowd (looks like the young people from a few years back). Then there's Thonglor/J Avenue. I think people have given you a lot of suggestions for the Sukhumvit Area.

... But where are the more sophisticated places .... not somewhere where you have to dress very smartly. Do they exist at all

There are many sophisticated venues but they would rather you in fact dress smartly,

:)

My thoughts exactly ....

Silly question,

How about some exploration yourself, it isn't so difficult to find places your looking for in Bangkok.

If you walk up and down from Sukumvit Nana to Soi 7/1 and back yes understand.

Just look around, read newspapers and tourist magazines.

Not a silly question at all. Some of the best bars are hidden. Why would I walk around the whole of Bangkok looking for bars when I can just ask for recommendations?

W11guy, okay you have been given the names of a few bars that you may like. I'm heading to London in the next few weeks and would like to hit some new bars, as I spent the last 10 years before coming to Bangkok in and around Richmond and Twickenham. so I's like to venture futher afield.

What places would you recommend, I think that I like the vibe that you are talking about.

Thanks

Silly question,

How about some exploration yourself, it isn't so difficult to find places your looking for in Bangkok.

Not a silly question at all. Some of the best bars are hidden. Why would I walk around the whole of Bangkok looking for bars when I can just ask for recommendations?

Silly question,

It is silly as you are asking "If there are any decent bars in Bangkok"

Gues yourself,

Here is the answer: No not one decent bar in Bangkok.

Me and my mates looking around for years we give up, if needed to vist a decent bar we Singapore.

Long Table on Sukhumvit Soi 16 is exactly what you're looking for. It's in Column Tower. Chilled environment, inside/outside seating, great view, good tunes, smart but relaxed dress-code and a wicked cocktail list. And no, I'm not getting commission lol.

I heard they had put you on commission, in order to fund your happy hour "Changs" next time they let you in :)

Between Sukhumvit 5 and 7, just onthe left towards 7 is a very nice little place. Unfortunately the name esacapes** although I go there a lot, but others will know it because of the Philippino Girl singers, who are outstanding. You can watch the show whilst having a meal on a smallish balcony.

The Huntsman in the Landmark Hotel is rather good too, also with excellent live music and quite a generous two drinks for one the last time I was there.

** Somebody help me with the name .... silly!!

The name is The 99 or Checkers 99 The philippino group that sings there have been there since 1999 at least. Used to go there with my parents and they still remember my name and from where I come!! Very nice athmosphere inside.

QUOTE (AdamBangkok @ 2010-06-02 16:00:33) Long Table on Sukhumvit Soi 16 is exactly what you're looking for. It's in Column Tower. Chilled environment, inside/outside seating, great view, good tunes, smart but relaxed dress-code and a wicked cocktail list. And no, I'm not getting commission lol.

I heard they had put you on commission, in order to fund your happy hour "Changs" next time they let you in

Arai wa! i keep hoping they'll slip me a couple of free dirty martini's, but no luck so far. :)

Edited by AdamBangkok

Check out the roof top bar at the Le Bua State Tower in Silom. It's exactly what you are asking for. You won't be dissappointed. She will be impressed.

Yeah, but he doesn't want to dress smartly. :)

Check out the roof top bar at the Le Bua State Tower in Silom. It's exactly what you are asking for. You won't be dissappointed. She will be impressed.

I'm not trying to choose a bar to impress anyone. I just want a cool trendy bar that I like and that is fun.

I'm not trying to choose a bar to impress anyone. I just want a cool trendy bar that I like and that is fun.

After-school :)

;)is that based on your own hands-on experience? Wank wank, oops I mean wink wink

;)is that based on your own hands-on experience? Wank wank, oops I mean wink wink

My understanding is that it is a no hands experience Jimmy. :D