"one Night In Bangkok" Youtube Video

Grawburg

I'm betting one of you can help me find this.

I ran across a homemade video in One Night in Bangkok where the guy went through and showed pics of Bangkok as they were mentioned in the song...reclining buddha, chess players, etc... Anyone else seen this?

There are dozens and dozens of "One Night in Bangkok" videos on youtube, but I can't seem to find this one. Anyone of you know which one it is?

mmm I posted it on here only about a week ago - Murray Head (Chess)

as I said, it was originally banned in the Kingdom at the time of its release. But all the bars in Patpong played it incessantly anyway

as I said, it was originally banned in the Kingdom at the time of its release. But all the bars in Patpong played it incessantly anyway

I believe this is the version you are looking for...

Actually...neither of those was the one I was looking for. :)

The one I'm looking for has video clips and still pics of Bangkok as the song goes through the lyrics. Similar to the one krungbeam posted, but with more lyrical references.

Maybe this will help....at one point in the video they show a quick vid of a guy I know you've all seen. There's this dude with one leg and a bowl who drags himself up and down the sidewalk on his belly and insists on being right in the middle of the sidewalk. I've seen him on Suk and Silom.

Also, the video ends with a bar girl flipping off the camera.

Anyone else seen this video??

I believe this is the version you are looking for...

Actually the one I posted was the Original Music Vid. The one you posted even has a pic of NEP in the clip. Let me assure you NEP did not exist in 1984 when the song was released. Although it is Murray Head. Wiki: originally sung by Murray Head on the 1984 concept album for the musical Chess. Its music was composed by former ABBA members Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, with lyrics written by Tim Rice.

The release topped the charts in many countries, including West Germany, Switzerland and Australia. It peaked at #3 in both Canada and the United States, and at #12 in the UK. It is the last show tune to chart in the American top five to date.

the one about pattaya is pretty good too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS7hZhO0ee8

Outstanding work! I hadn't seen that. I kept looking for 'Old Mates'

then there was this one, which came out about the same time as 'One Night In Bangkok' (1984)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAipq9d2ZgA

Made in Thailand by Carabao. Who are now living legends in the Kingdom and still going strong.

For those interested - the youtube name *was* This is Bangkok June 2007 and for whatever reason, youtube removed the video and EVERY google link is dead because they all pointed to the youtube file.....

*sigh*

Looks like a lesson learned.... Next time you really like a Youtube video save yourself a copy before it is removed. :)