Marriage In The Uk But My Application Has Not Been Granted 1 Year Visa

hello everyone just spent the last few hours trying to find if the British embassy will be able to verify and confirm my uk marriage to my wife 8 years ago

I have been told they need this letter?

I was told yesterday that they need this document asap as my application has failed although for the last 7 years i have showed the marriage certificate without any problems

I think i should have given some tea money as i have to go to the british embassy in Bangkok (6 hour drive!)

I would love to here that this is possible as i dont fancy go there and they cant confirm the marriage

Has anyone else had this problem as i havent married in Thailand as i didnt think i needed to ?

Help anyone !

Can you not just go to the nearest amphur and get a Thai marriage certificate on the strength of that? Surely that will be good enough

Or just get married again in the Amphur -about 30 minutes

Just get your Marriage Certificate from the UK, take it to the local Amphur and get your marriage registered in Thailand, no need to go to Bangkok. Then you can get your Extension not Visa, quite easily now and in the future.

Believe what is needed is the ledger registration of your marriage with the District Office and this is now being required for all marriage extension of stay that do not have the ledger copy in there file. For those married overseas this requires paper from Embassy and official translation of certificate into Thai and registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - that is then taken to District Office and a ledger entry is made and you obtain a Kor Ror 2 (not a marriage certificate) that you provide to Immigration. It used to be Immigration only required the Kor Ror 3 (marriage certificate) but due to fake copies they now require both documents.

No he can not get married again - without getting divorced first and obtaining paperwork from Embassy and going through almost the same process.

I asked this question on TV a few weeks ago when our annual extension was due after being politely told that not a problem this time but can I please have our marriage certificate verified by the British Embassy for our next extension.

So, with reading the various replies is all that Lopburi suggests a relatively simple DIY process and one would presume the help of an English speaking Thai if dealing with local government depts., or would it best left to a reliable lawyer to do?

To Poppysdad - Why get lawyers involved in something that is so easy to do alone, and cheaper?

Get the UK Marriage Certificate, get it translated into Thai at a Translation place near the MFA, take it to

the MFA for certification, not sure how long it will take, maybe a day. Then upon receipt take to your local

Amphur and get your marriage registered in Thailand, get the Form, as stated and use for future

applications at Immigration.

Edited by beano2274

To Poppysdad - Why get lawyers involved in something that is so easy to do alone, and cheaper?

Get the UK Marriage Certificate, get it translated into Thai at a Translation place near the MFA, take it to

the MFA for certification, not sure how long it will take, maybe a day. Then upon receipt take to your local

Amphur and get your marriage registered in Thailand, get the Form, as stated and use for future

applications at Immigration.

When the embassy relieved me obe 3k for my affirmation there was translation guys waiting outside who tranlsated and took it to the ministry for the stamp for 800 baht..very cheap and less hassle