Hair Loss

grewy

Hi Grewy,

The active ingredient of Propecia is Finasteride. each Propecia tab has 1 mg of Finasteride in it. Propecia is an expensive way to go.

An alternative that I do is to buy Proscar. The active ingredient is likewise Finasteride. But each tab is 5 mg of Finasteride; at the same price as Propecia.

Now cut each tab into 4 pieces. Take one piece per day.*Do not let any females touch the tabs as it can be harmful for them or any unborn children*

The cost is now 1/4th of propecia for the same effect. Technically one could cut the tabs into 1/5ths. But I'd imagine that'd be a bitch and wouldn't bother.

The absolute cheapest I have been able to price both Proscar and Propecia is 55 baht per tab (in Khon Kaen).

Generic Finasteride can be found even cheaper from some Indian companies; but to have it shipped here, etc...I don't know if it's worth the bother...

Cheers,

IA

PS. Finasteride is not supposed to work in the temple area, but I have noticed fresh young hairs come in; as has my wife. I have used Proscar for about 2 1/2 months now..

Edited by IsaanAlex

Hi Grewy,

The active ingredient of Propecia is Finasteride. each Propecia tab has 1 mg of Finasteride in it. Propecia is an expensive way to go.

An alternative that I do is to buy Proscar. The active ingredient is likewise Finasteride. But each tab is 5 mg of Finasteride; at the same price as Propecia.

Now cut each tab into 4 pieces. Take one piece per day.*Do not let any females touch the tabs as it can be harmful for them or any unborn children*

The cost is now 1/4th of propecia for the same effect. Technically one could cut the tabs into 1/5ths. But I'd imagine that'd be a bitch and wouldn't bother.

The absolute cheapest I have been able to price both Proscar and Propecia is 55 baht per tab (in Khon Kaen).

Generic Finasteride can be found even cheaper from some Indian companies; but to have it shipped here, etc...I don't know if it's worth the bother...

Cheers,

IA

PS. Finasteride is not supposed to work in the temple area, but I have noticed fresh young hairs come in; as has my wife. I have used Proscar for about 2 1/2 months now..

hi issan alex

thanks for the info sounds good would sure like to try it any suggestions where to buy in bkk or can you get it at most pharmacies..

thanx again :o

Hi again,

I'm sorry. I have no idea as I'm not in Bangkok.

As a side note, the price for Proscar is the Merck (sp) brand; so it is reputable.

I went into a few pharmacies. None stocked it, but a few were willing to order it. The price varied, again, from a low of 55 baht a tab (30 tabs per box), to a high of approximately 80 baht that a hospital tried to charge me (as I went to see a doctor there before starting on it...)...

FYI, I wonder by your posts if you're not in fact looking to order it from...from Bangkok, from abroad. If so, I'd recommend going the generic route from India as it's cheaper and just as reputable. Or you could consider ordering from 'IsaanAlex Pharmaceuticals'.... :o

:D

IA

Hi Guys,

Have following this thread and am a little confused. I understood that Proscar was proscribed for enlarged prostate

"By shrinking the enlarged prostate, Proscar may alleviate the various associated urinary problems, making surgery unnecessary"

"What side effects may occur?

Side effects cannot be anticipated. But side effects may include:

Decreased amount of semen per ejaculation, decreased sex drive, impotence "

Now I am not taking a pop here, I was interested due to a thinning of my own thatch. :o

Can you comment on the above

dog