Will Natwest Send A New Card To Thailand?

I am in Thailand and both my debit and credit cards from Natwest have stopped working/expired.

Before I phone them I would like to check if any one know if they will post the new cards to Thailand or do I have to get them sent to my registered UK address then get someone to send them out to me?

Would it be possible to have be bank account address be my Thailand address with Natwest or any other UK address or is this not possible?

Thanks!

Yes they will but you have to call your branch to arrange this.

They will only send it to the address on the statement. No problem having an address in Thailand.

They send you your new pin first. Then the card. You need to call them to let them know you have recieved it; then they will activate it.

They will also send a card reader for internet banking to Thailand if you don't have one already.

Yes they will but you have to call your branch to arrange this.

They will only send it to the address on the statement. No problem having an address in Thailand.

Thanks, that is good to know!

They'll send them but will they arrive?

I have had two sent, having requested a second after the non-arrival of the first, and have not received either of them.

Given up and will pick up at my branch next time I am in England.

Edited by madmitch

I have lived in Thailand for 10 years, and my NatWest branch have always refused to send any cards overseas. (Birmingham PAM's office or whatever it is called now).

They send me statements and junkmail though. I guess it's on a 'by branch' basis.

I'm with Nat west and they will NOT send cards to Thailand.

They will send to your UK address only,then some one there will have to forward to you.

I've had this done via swift mail.

They will send but ONLY if the address for your account is a Thai one. If you have a UK address then they won't. It's easy to change but bear in mind my previous comment that the cards often fail to arrive.

Even though my account address is in Thailand Abbey (Santander) refuse to send cards to Thailand due to the 'corrupt postal service here and the likelihood of interception'. I had to change my address to my children's UK address and they had to send my card by secure post.

'Tropicalevo', I also get masses of junk mail and statements which are a total waste of postal costs.

I am with Clydesdale Bank and have just received my card through the post in Khon Kaen, now that's the third time they have sent new card after expiration, never a problem with any post here....must be lucky I guess.

P.S. My address with bank is in Thailand

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to some people at Natwest today about something else but asked about this.

One guy from a branch said I could change my address to a Thai address but would have to do it in writing.

Another person from credit card fraud department said I could get a card send out to a Thai address and change my postal address to a Thai address over the phone.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding so to speak.

I haven't done either yet as not ready quite yet but will report back when I have.