Hotel Recommendation - Bangkok

MarkyM3

I will be in BKK between 8th July - 11th July and am looking for any good hotel suggestions.

There appear to be a lot of good deals around at the moment e.g. 3 nights for 2, book 30 days or more ahead.

I will be in the lower Suk Rd. area and am looking for the best accommodation up to say 6500 baht for 3 nights. Good pool required, fitness, large rooms etc. I might like to have an overnight guest as well.

A couple I've shortlisted are President Solitaire and President Palace on Soi 11. Any comments/experience with these.? Also, any other suggestions to look at?

Cheers :)

Edited by MarkyM3

For your price range you have it right in Soi. 11.

That area is on the up. Have a drink in the little round bar at the Old German Beerhose opposite, the Pickled Liver, very English is nearby as well as the Man. U. bar. A couple of nice open air restaurants: Zanzibar and Rosabeing (?).

Vert good area now and there are even al lnight beer caravans if you want.

Quiet though.

We put all of our customers in the Landmark Soi 4. Approx 5,500 Baht. Nice rooms and fabulous buffet breakfast.

Good place, good bar, good food ... here's the BUT. You can get equal for half that within the vicinity. I some cases better, eg: Bel Aire Princess IMHO

Between President Solitaire and President Palace, I'd say President Palace is the better of the two. It's fairly new.

For the money you have a number of options. I think you can get a room at Landmark now for just over 2k, and Dream Hotel (Soi 15) you can also probably get for just over 2K per night.

Le Fenix also soi 11 is an option.

Citadines has several Sukhumvit locations (11, 16, 23).

And if you want an even more apartment /codo type feel you might consider Jasmine Executive Suites on Soi 23 - or V Residence Hotel (no pool) near Emporium.

We put all of our customers in the Landmark Soi 4. Approx 5,500 Baht. Nice rooms and fabulous buffet breakfast.

Good place, good bar, good food ... here's the BUT. You can get equal for half that within the vicinity. I some cases better, eg: Bel Aire Princess IMHO

Where's that Beechboy? It sounds like it might be worth a try.

I love President Solitaire and I use it every time I go in Bangkok.

Very good suites at 2000/3000 baht/night, with a fabulous buffet breakfast. WIFI and some drink included in the price.

If you book directly by their website, you can save some money respect the Agoda, Tripadvisors prices.

The Bel Aire Princess has larger and newer rooms with a better shower. Also facilities are cheaper as is room service. The buffet breakfast in the Landmark is no more than adequate however the bakery has some good pastries which are reasonably priced. Also good coffee there.

I prefer the Omni Tower apartments on Soi 4 for size as its a proper one bed apartment for the same price.

Mind you I got upgraded at the Bel Aire Princess a couple of times and the suites there are great. :)

Somerset Lake Point serviced apartments off Soi 16 Sukhumvit.

Two pools one indoor, one outdoor in Tower Block A, both good size, fitness rooms are okay as well.

They have a free Tuk Tuk service which will drop you off at Asoke skytrain.

Currently on Agoda about 2300 baht for one bedroomed apartment, includes good buffet breakfast.

Stayed there in March with my family, will be my accommodation of choice in BKK from now on. They have other properties around BKK as well. Think they are guest friendly, but as I said i was with my family.

Regards

ragandboneman

Majestic Grande in Sukhumvit soi 2 is very nice and extremely guest friendly. It is not more than 4-5 years old, very nice, have swimming pool and a large breakfast buffet. They may have a promotion around your budget or just above.

Majestic Grande in Sukhumvit soi 2 is very nice and extremely guest friendly. It is not more than 4-5 years old, very nice, have swimming pool and a large breakfast buffet. They may have a promotion around your budget or just above.

I agree Majestic Grande soi 2 is very good. At the moment on sawadee.com a deluxe room is going for 2900Bht a night inc tax and a great breakfast, great location. The only thing against it is the small pool which is always very cold, even on the hottest day.

My most favourite hotel in all of Bangkok is the Marriott resort and spa, on Chareonnakorn

Edited by WAYNEandAEI

I would go for the IBIS NANA Sukhumvit Soi 2, Soi nana, check the IBIS Website, pay 2 nights, get 3 nights.

So the price comes to approximately 1.000.- baht a night for a double room Not far from Nana Plaza and has shuttle service to Sky train Nana station. Anyway, easy walking distance!

Hotel new, 18 month open!