Revenge Or Forgiveness

needforspeed

;)A very interesting and thought provoking thread.

Nothing original in the answers. Forget, forgive, love thy neighbour, peace, etc. For every quotation based advice, there is an 'anti-quote', often from the same source.

NFS, from your belated description of the offense (stolen jewelry, physical hurt) I can only envy you,- so easy a choice you face!

Material loss, physical pain, 7 years ago?! And you are still cooking all this stuff in your head? Sorry for you.

Believe me, there are much worse cases in life.

I know there are worse cases, what has that to do with me.

Does that mean that everything is alwright because other people are in a worse situation then me, answer NO.

I have to say that some people who are in this worse situation and seems to me deal with it very easy have my respect as i know that it isn't always so easy.

And i have to say that forgive isn't so difficult but forget no way.

Thanks,

NFS

They say revenge is a dish best served cold. Cold, calculating, emotionless. Ultimately, it hurts the revenger more than the revengee.

Forgiveness takes dealing with the emotions. It is more difficult, but much better for the long run.

Forgiveness can take years. My father was 70 years old before he forgave his father for what had been done to him as a kid; he then became a most mellow and loving guy for the rest of his life.

Another way of looking at it is, forgiveness is the best revenge :-)

Journaling a time line and your feelings can be helpful, but please don't let it drag you down. You might consider some brief behavioral counseling, which will help you take positive steps in dealing with these issues. I think there is a pinned topic of a list of counselors on the health forum.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks,

NFS

Revenge! It's a double edged sword.

For the last 7 years this sword has been swinging away………and hitting only one target………YOU!

After 7 years of this self destructive thought Patton your mind is now accustom to the feeling that will keep washing over you at the oddest times, right? You will take time out of your day to plot and plan how to exact your revenge and take cold comfort in how it plays out in your mind.

Take my advice: It's simple to say….. Hard to do, but every time the feeling hits you,and you go on one of you mental planning the revenge trips, STOP, doing what you doing…Do something else/think of pleasant thoughts. Just don't buy into your own mind game!!! You need someone to talk; it gets easier,(Just like stopping smoking) Honest! If you have major problems doing this seek professional help.

You need to move on with your life, and stop what happened 7 years ago still ruining your life.

I wish you the best of luck,

Chin up!

I got help for 1 year paid by my own government, they kept in contact with me also in Thailand for 3 years and this helpt me a lot.

But, still i have this moments sometimes.

NFS

Edited by needforspeed

Revenge! It's a double edged sword.

For the last 7 years this sword has been swinging away………and hitting only one target………YOU!

After 7 years of this self destructive thought Patton your mind is now accustom to the feeling that will keep washing over you at the oddest times, right? You will take time out of your day to plot and plan how to exact your revenge and take cold comfort in how it plays out in your mind.

Take my advice: It's simple to say….. Hard to do, but every time the feeling hits you,and you go on one of you mental planning the revenge trips, STOP, doing what you doing…Do something else/think of pleasant thoughts. Just don't buy into your own mind game!!! You need someone to talk; it gets easier,(Just like stopping smoking) Honest! If you have major problems doing this seek professional help.

You need to move on with your life, and stop what happened 7 years ago still ruining your life.

I wish you the best of luck,

Chin –up!

I got help for 1 year paid by my own government, they kept in contact with me also in Thailand for 3 years and this helpt me a lot.

But, still i have this moments sometimes.

NFS

Hi needforspeed

Look mate. I don’t mean to come across insensitive to what you’re going thought. But, do you feel sorry for yourself? Is this a factor in you thought process? You don’t really say what happened to you. (I don’t need to know) But it feels this is more about how you feel about yourself, and what happened 7 years ago than any revenge! If revenge was on the cards, you would done something by now. I think the revenge thing is the way you cope with the feelings. I think the first step in all this is you getting to like you again!................ But what do I know, a!

Heads up and remember: Shit just happen.

Neighbours and/or crime

Nothing more satisfying than having your enemy shot in the head by a Thai man on a motorcycle.

Lovers/wives and splitting up

Just walk away and never see the woman (or children) again.

I would never try to physically hurt someone I have loved, anyone else is fair game.

“Nothing more satisfying”…..You advocate revenge, big tough guy, but no balls to do it yourself?....................Pretty gutless statement.

“Lovers/wives and splitting up”….. Walk away from you own children?..........Gutless

“I would never try to physically hurt someone I have loved, anyone else is fair game”….. Ooooooo, what you going to do? Send round the Honda wave?

Do you really believe what you’ve written or are you going for effect? Your a Joke