Drunken Aussie Involved In Pattaya Handgun Shootout

Rimmer

Drunken Aussie Involved in Pattaya Handgun Shootout

PATTAYA: -- An Australian national has been arrested on Sunday morning after reports of a handgun shooting incident surfaced at the Sabai Empress Hotel in North Pattaya.

At the scene, the Sabai Empress Hotel in North Pattaya, investigators observed the hotel CCTV footage immediately as the offender was alleged to have still been on the premises. Locating the clearly intoxicated foreigner police swooped to arrest him. Hotel administration later identified him as Talaat Majed Hawatt [21] an Australian national.

Full story of the incident with pictures and vid HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-06-06

Drunken Aussie Involved in Pattaya Handgun Shootout

PATTAYA: -- An Australian national has been arrested on Sunday morning after reports of a handgun shooting incident surfaced at the Sabai Empress Hotel in North Pattaya.

At the scene, the Sabai Empress Hotel in North Pattaya, investigators observed the hotel CCTV footage immediately as the offender was alleged to have still been on the premises. Locating the clearly intoxicated foreigner police swooped to arrest him. Hotel administration later identified him as Talaat Majed Hawatt [21] an Australian national.

Full story of the incident with pictures and vid HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

footer_n.gif

2010-06-06

Sounds very Australian.In Thai- Market Not one five watt. Must be an electrician.

This guy and the Irish guy from the red shirts are whats termed here as "new Australians", people who have been granted permenent residency. Some may has also taken Australian citizenship. Its a continuation of the proud Aussie trandition of importing criminals. :D:)

This guy and the Irish guy from the red shirts are whats termed here as "new Australians", people who have been granted permenent residency. Some may has also taken Australian citizenship. Its a continuation of the proud Aussie trandition of importing criminals. :D:)

The video shows his passport bio-data page. He's a Bankstown boy, born and bred. (Bankstown is a not-so-wonderful suburb of Sydney). Hey, we don't have to import criminals - we're quite capable of making our own.:D

Almost as scary as the drunken Aussie's behaviour was the weapons handling skills of the cops. Apparently the gun had jammed and they try to clear it, first by huddling around it, waving it at each other and prodding it with a metal rod or pen. Then, towards the end of the video, another officer fiddles with the gun while pointing it at himself. Fortunately, the gun is totally inoperable. Looking at the video, it may have jammed when the Aussie fired it at the hotel door.

This incident leaves a lot of questions:

What is Pattaya coming to, when you can't buy a decent gun anymore? Is this yet another Pattaya ripoff? And why was that ratbag of a Thai hotel door attacking a poor innocent Aussie, forcing him to defend himself?:D

If it had been an American, he would have followed proud tradition and escaped.

The video shows his passport bio-data page. He's a Bankstown boy, born and bred. (Bankstown is a not-so-wonderful suburb of Sydney). Hey, we don't have to import criminals - we're quite capable of making our own.:D

Almost as scary as the drunken Aussie's behaviour was the weapons handling skills of the cops. Apparently the gun had jammed and they try to clear it, first by huddling around it, waving it at each other and prodding it with a metal rod or pen. Then, towards the end of the video, another officer fiddles with the gun while pointing it at himself. Fortunately, the gun is totally inoperable. Looking at the video, it may have jammed when the Aussie fired it at the hotel door.

What is Pattaya coming to, when you can't buy a decent gun anymore? Is this yet another Pattaya ripoff? And why was that ratbag of a Thai hotel door attacking a poor innocent Aussie, forcing him to defend himself?:D

Good one LMAO!!

Unfortunately, that is a pretty 'Australian' name for Bankstown, and pretty typical 'Australian' behaviour for a boy from Bankstown...

The door didn't show him the proper level of respect, so there was nothing left to do but shoot it... that'll teach that racist door...

You can almost bet that this 'Australian' is actually 100% ours... unlike Connor... You can almost bet he was born in Australia, attended Australia schools, and has probably been 'home' once or twice in his life, yet identifies himself more with that culture than the one where he has spent his entire life...

Weren't the first all criminals? UK's prisons full. Let's go to the kangaroos, man. :D

This is GREAT to see, bout the best news Rimmer has ever posted.

Anyone that knows what goes on down in various parts of Sydney Australia will realise what is happening here.

Anyway, hopefully he does some real, long hard serious time for this. He's about to realise that a flashtalking mouthpiece isnt going to do him much good here & the laws in LOS are less worried about 'his' rights, unlike the doogooder wish washy protect the offender laws in Australia. If his attitude is as depicted in the video, he's in for some real special attention. So sad, too bad.

Som Nom Na springs to mind.:)

What is Pattaya coming to, when you can't buy a decent gun anymore? Is this yet another Pattaya ripoff? And why was that ratbag of a Thai hotel door attacking a poor innocent Aussie, forcing him to defend himself?:)

The way things are going we may have to carry handguns to protect ourselves in Pattaya or leave town.

I met up with a fellow gym member yesterday who had quite a story to tell. I hadn't seen him for about 4 months and here's why. He was heading to the gym from the darkside of town on his motorcycle when a car side swiped him to push him over. When he was down and seriously injured (he broke several vetebrae of his thorasic spine in the fall) they put a gun to his head and demanded his wallet. Unfortunately for the crooks he wasn't carrying any cash as he was on his way to an early morning workout.

This incident cost him a month in bed and a permanent back injury. He now drives his car to the gym.

Weren't the first all criminals? UK's prisons full. Let's go to the kangaroos, man. :D

History lesson.

No, the first were all Aboriginees. The UK militia then cleared (killed) them out to make way for prison camps and UK settlements.

You decide who the real criminals were.

The video shows his passport bio-data page. He's a Bankstown boy, born and bred. (Bankstown is a not-so-wonderful suburb of Sydney).

Bankstown happens to have produced one of the best prime ministers in recent years...one P.J. Keating.

History lesson.

No, the first were all Aboriginees. The UK militia then cleared (killed) them out to make way for prison camps and UK settlements.

You decide who the real criminals were.

Yes, a history lesson is definitely in order.

Over 90% of the native inhabitants in the Sydney area where the First Fleet landed in 1788 died within one year of the settler's arrival due to their lack of immunity to European disease. Genocide was unintentional. The remaining natives moved away out of fear.

The video shows his passport bio-data page. He's a Bankstown boy, born and bred. (Bankstown is a not-so-wonderful suburb of Sydney).

Bankstown happens to have produced one of the best prime ministers in recent years...one P.J. Keating.

i knew there was something about Bankstown i did not like

Ohhh yeah, he was great, he managed to sink the Australian economy almost like no other previous labour prime minister. Bankstown should be nuked for a number of reasons, this is just one of them.:)

Yeah, like every other country 250 years ago, Australia had native inhabitants... like every other country 250 years ago, other more developed nations claimed it as it's own, and started sending their settlers there... most transported to Australia were for petty crimes (stealing to feed their family)... real criminals were hung remember... 640 prisoners in a single year were transported for bigamy... because you couldn't get a divorce without an act of English parliment...

Sure the native inhabitants were treated badly by modern standards... they were killed when they did anything to protect their land, or became indentured labour to white settlers if they wanted to continue to live on their land... but so what, it was exactly the same the world over for millenia... I am sure the Romans weren't real good to the Gauls... the English real good to the Irish... The English never declared war on the Aborigines... they just took what they wanted, and the Aborigines had nothing to stop them...

But <deleted> it was 250 years ago... look at countries colonised by the Spanish... (look how good all of South America is doing)... The French (Africa and slavery anyone?)...

I know who I would rather have settling the country if I has walking around with nought but a loin cloth...

<end rant><back on topic please>

Yeah, like every other country 250 years ago, Australia had native inhabitants... like every other country 250 years ago, other more developed nations claimed it as it's own, and started sending their settlers there... most transported to Australia were for petty crimes (stealing to feed their family)... real criminals were hung remember... 640 prisoners in a single year were transported for bigamy... because you couldn't get a divorce without an act of English parliment...

Sure the native inhabitants were treated badly by modern standards... they were killed when they did anything to protect their land, or became indentured labour to white settlers if they wanted to continue to live on their land... but so what, it was exactly the same the world over for millenia... I am sure the Romans weren't real good to the Gauls... the English real good to the Irish... The English never declared war on the Aborigines... they just took what they wanted, and the Aborigines had nothing to stop them...

But &lt;deleted&gt; it was 250 years ago... look at countries colonised by the Spanish... (look how good all of South America is doing)... The French (Africa and slavery anyone?)...

I know who I would rather have settling the country if I has walking around with nought but a loin cloth...

<end rant><back on topic please>

You totally missed the point. My comment was in reply to another comment indicating that Australians decended from convicts and were therefore a lower breed than their UK counterparts. A statement that is boringly and regularly made on this forum due to it's large UK readership.

I'm not personally concerned as I'm an Australian with a Dutch name.

Tropo,

I wasn't replying to you directly... I just get a bit tired of Australia being bashed for their treatment of Aboriginees... I think The English were c^nts... their treatment of convicts was terrible, thier treatment of inhabitants of any nation they settled was terrible... but... 250 years ago, they were relatively better than most...

I don't know much about Dutch history, but I bet they didn't ask the Indonesians nicely and pay handsomely when they took over their farms... but I guess Indonesia didn't go to shit until after the Dutch left...

I would much rather Australia be judged (harshly) for their actions supporting the governments of Indonesia, and letting East Timor fall, and their lack of action when East Timor voted for independance... that is something we should be ashamed of...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Shooting through a door without any visible means to determine that there was nobody behind it in line of fire, he should have been charged with attempted murder...

Glad your not a judge.

I did not say he was guilty but said he should be charged, it is up to a judge and/or jury to decide for which I have nether been either, but I think it should be investigated why he fired the gun through a door, did he know for certain there was nobody behind the door.

His actions were irresponsible and endangered life.

i knew there was something about Bankstown i did not like

Keating had a way with words though. See Paul Keating Insults Archive

Could have mentored both the Pattaya door-blaster and the Irish-Australian Red loud-mouth

There are some interesting comments made by him ( Mr Talaat Majed Hawatt ) on the Pattaya Daily News site after the article. Obviously he is not the shiniest penny in the purse.

(Assuming it was indeed him who made the comments.) .

Edited by xen