Sponsorship Undertaking For Wife'S Son - Uk Settlement Visa

Hi,

I did a search for sponsorship undertaking on the forum and couldn't see a specific one for children. I am applying got a UK settlement visa for my wife and her son together. I will be the sponsor for both.

Upon filling in the application for my wife's sons visa, I entered the following details:

Purpose of Application: Settlement

Type of Application: Here I put down Child or other dependant of settled person, as the other options didn't seem correct.

Firstly, have I selected the right options re above and if so, a red warning message then advised me that I must complete Sponsorship Undertaking form SU07. I can do this no problem, but having looked on another forum's website the answer given there was that this wasn't required in circumstances like mine.

Now I'm confused, do I need it or not? I wasn't totally clear from the guidelines referred to in another thread:

ECB12 - Undertakings

Has anyone had experience of this or able to answer please?

Thanks again

On the paper form children and other dependent relatives are treated separately; if the online form is treating them as the same then this is yet another fault with the system!

There should be no need for a form SU07 for a child's application.

On the paper form children and other dependent relatives are treated separately; if the online form is treating them as the same then this is yet another fault with the system!

There should be no need for a form SU07 for a child's application.

Blame the software as it did come up in RED LETTERS that this was required. Talk about confusing people.

I take it my wife doesn't require the form either (my understanding).

Thanks again