Expensive To Fly To Bkk Despite Riots

AirAsia has become more expensive after the end of the riots in Bangkok. I've been trying to book a ticket from Taipei to Bangkok, but the prices are so much more expensive than the pre-riot price.

AirAsia has been saying how they're going to help tourism. Did anyone manage to grab a cheap air ticket ? My departure date is almost 2 months' away, should I wait longer to get a better price ?

Hey there... (unwilling) Taipei native and resident here.

Air Asia to BKK is now only cheap if you book about 6 months in advance. Their prices have gone up to "regular" levels, i.e. 10K NT, especially for July/August because, as you may know, it's the summer holidays for the spoiled brats of Taiwan :)

Try airasiachart.com and select "Bangkok to Taipei" to see future price trends, you'll see what I mean. Sometimes they cost more than KLM.

As for the supposed 0-dollar seats, I was excited when I saw it, but then under that article @ the BKK post, some guy pointed out that it's never there when you actually want to book... so when I got regular pricing in my search I just assumed that's the case.

It is true that there's been no price drops TPE-BKK in spite of the riots... but that's true for every airline. They probably think, given that TIT (this is taiwan)... people are not going to stay away for too long.

Thai has a deal now which I think is about 7500 NT all inclusive, but I think that's for travel before the end of July? Beyond that, I don't know any deals. Your best bet is probably to pick an arrangement you'd like best out of them all.

Edited by mezzoninny

AirAsia has become more expensive after the end of the riots in Bangkok. I've been trying to book a ticket from Taipei to Bangkok, but the prices are so much more expensive than the pre-riot price.

AirAsia has been saying how they're going to help tourism. Did anyone manage to grab a cheap air ticket ? My departure date is almost 2 months' away, should I wait longer to get a better price ?

My wife and I were just looking at some tickets from the US and I was shocked to see the prices. I figured they would be cheaper because of the riots and low season, but I was way off on that. At this point, Hawaii complete with its high hotel prices has become a cheaper destination than Thailand, coming from California.

My wife and I were just looking at some tickets from the US and I was shocked to see the prices. I figured they would be cheaper because of the riots and low season, but I was way off on that. At this point, Hawaii complete with its high hotel prices has become a cheaper destination than Thailand, coming from California.

When did Air Asia start flying to California and Hawaii?

They don't. I was just following up on the topic of the thread, "Expensive to fly to BKK Despite riots". Right now, if I were to fly EVA from the US, it would be the most expensive flight since 2002, the first time I went to Thailand. This is in Thai low season (rainy...well, supposed to be rainy), but US high season (summer).

Despite being high season in the US, I would have expected airlines to have much cheaper fares to Bangkok. But given that they are the highest prices I've seen since 2002, I'm guessing the airlines are finally fed up with Thailand's volatility and have started raising prices so they don't get financially screwed because of future issues that arise.

They don't. I was just following up on the topic of the thread, "Expensive to fly to BKK Despite riots". Right now, if I were to fly EVA from the US, it would be the most expensive flight since 2002, the first time I went to Thailand. This is in Thai low season (rainy...well, supposed to be rainy), but US high season (summer).

Despite being high season in the US, I would have expected airlines to have much cheaper fares to Bangkok. But given that they are the highest prices I've seen since 2002, I'm guessing the airlines are finally fed up with Thailand's volatility and have started raising prices so they don't get financially screwed because of future issues that arise.

In Feb. paid 1400dollars for a economy delux ticket on EVA Las Angles to Bangkok. Checked cost for a Nov. ticket it is now 1800dollars for economy delux. More than likely will be flying coach in Nov. that ticket is around 1200 dollars Los Angles to bangkok. Good luck to all and enjoy your trip. Actually now is considered high season in thailand, most people in the US take vacation now..

In Feb. paid 1400dollars for a economy delux ticket on EVA Las Angles to Bangkok. Checked cost for a Nov. ticket it is now 1800dollars for economy delux. More than likely will be flying coach in Nov. that ticket is around 1200 dollars Los Angles to bangkok. Good luck to all and enjoy your trip. Actually now is considered high season in thailand, most people in the US take vacation now..

Exactly.

It doesn't matter what the weather or political climate is like in Thailand. Summer and Christmas are always the high season for airfare from the US.

i just booked a RT ticket from New York to BKK on Cathay Pacific for November for under $1,100. That's about the same price as I've been paying for many years. Summer travel is about $500 more. Seems odd that it costs more from LA, but it's often difficult to find the logic in airfares.