Driving To Krabi From Malaysia / Parking Road Side In Krabi

tsq

Hi there.

I am driving up this weekend to Krabi and want to ask a few simple question

1) Is the smaller highway in southern Thailand good to explore? (those four-digit number highwaym, i.e. an intra-province highway): Some of these smaller highway make shorter route from the main highway ... and wonder if it's worth exploring these roads?

2) Parking in Krabi/Ao Nang road side: How does the road side parking works? I was told people will be collecting unoffcially payment from car owners when they park in popular places. If that's so, how much and any information on such unoffcial system ? :)

Thks in adv for anyone's help !

Edited by tsq

Hi there.

1) Is the smaller highway in southern Thailand good to explore? (those four-digit number highwaym, i.e. an intra-province highway): Some of these smaller highway make shorter route from the main highway ... and wonder if it's worth exploring these roads?

2) Parking in Krabi/Ao Nang road side: How does the road side parking works? I was told people will be collecting unoffcially payment from car owners when they park in popular places. If that's so, how much and any information on such unoffcial system ? :)

hi,for your first question i suggest that you follow the main highways cos all the road sign are well inform .Your second question parking at the aonang road side ,if you stay around the area the resort got car park,if you intend to stay at Ralay or around the island there are a place for parking car with attendant with a fees ,may i suggest you ask the tour operate around.May i know are you a Malaysian cos this coming friday i am going to Hatyai for holiday.bye

Hi there.

hi,for your first question i suggest that you follow the main highways cos all the road sign are well inform .Your second question parking at the aonang road side ,if you stay around the area the resort got car park,if you intend to stay at Ralay or around the island there are a place for parking car with attendant with a fees ,may i suggest you ask the tour operate around.May i know are you a Malaysian cos this coming friday i am going to Hatyai for holiday.bye

Hi

No... i will stay ard Ao Nang but time to time I will want to drive to Ao Nang area to eat/shop.... The hotel I staying is a bit further from AO Nang main road (the one near the beach) .... I have no tour operator... I am going on my own.... Any "System" in place there to park on the road?

I am Malaysian but live in SIngapore... I will wont be going Hatyai.. just Krabi.

Thks for ur reply.. will use main highway and be less 'hero' hehe...

ANyone got info on parking ard the streets of Krabi/Phuket?

Dear tsq,from Hatyai to Krabi is about 3-4 hour drive,be extra caution when driving the hilly trunk road to Trang,during your journey if time permit try to drop by this place THE SALTY HOT SPRING visit for health reason and the nature morokot pond good for swimming all this place at the KLONG THOM area .Parking are as simple as eat TAU who HUY by

Thks Mingvigo... will drive careful for sure...

Parking in Ao Nang or Phuket road side has no rule of such??? I would expect some gang running some parking system .. just like in Indonesia or parts of MAlaysia.. where u pay them a rate to park in that area .. no ???