Good Quality Bed-Linen

Wesley

In BKK for a few days before returning to shopping desert that is Aceh.

Need some decent bed sheets: egyptian cotton or similar; top-hotel standard.

Sleeping in Aceh linen is like sleeping in cardboard coated with extra-hot vinyl.

Ideas?

Thanks

Wes

Either get yourself to one of the department stores in Central World or take a trip to Siam Paragon & find a department store there. From memory Home Pro also have a range of higher thread count sheets in their range.

Theres a fair share of polyester type sheets in LOS as well - NOTHING Worse :)

Thanks neverdie. I will get my ass to centralworld.

I too have suffered LoS sheets (I'm looking at you tesco lotus!). Eventually I got a load of great ones from the Amari hotel in CM. Unfortunately they are no longer in my possession.

I promise you that the best sheets i could find in Aceh are much worse than any I bought in Thailand. Make a good combo with very hot nights and frequent power-cuts :)

In BKK for a few days before returning to shopping desert that is Aceh.

Need some decent bed sheets: egyptian cotton or similar; top-hotel standard.

Sleeping in Aceh linen is like sleeping in cardboard coated with extra-hot vinyl.

Ideas?

Thanks

Wes

Central Chidlom : quality available for a price.

I too have suffered LoS sheets (I'm looking at you tesco lotus!). Eventually I got a load of great ones from the Amari hotel in CM. Unfortunately they are no longer in my possession.

I promise you that the best sheets i could find in Aceh are much worse than any I bought in Thailand. Make a good combo with very hot nights and frequent power-cuts :D

I know im a little odd, but I ALWAYS carry a decent set of sheets when travelling. I can't sleep in those sheets, must be something to do with age, you should see the list of places I slept when I was an young fellow. :)

I promise you that the best sheets i could find in Aceh are much worse than any I bought in Thailand. Make a good combo with very hot nights and frequent power-cuts :D

I know im a little odd, but I ALWAYS carry a decent set of sheets when travelling. I can't sleep in those sheets, must be something to do with age, you should see the list of places I slept when I was an young fellow. :)

Not sure why you are recommending the guy to go to a place that has recently been burnt to pieces? Central World

Not sure why you are recommending the guy to go to a place that has recently been burnt to pieces? Central World

Theres more than one, you know.

Theres more than one, you know.

There's more than one CENTRAL WORLD? Please let me know where the other CENTRAL WORLD'S are.

But we know what he means don't we. And I'm grateful for the advice. I know that the burnt one is burnt & I know that there's one just down the road in sathorn and the one you described at citlom & prob many others I've forgotten/never heard of.

Thanks to all for the help.

And neverdie you're not that weird: my girlfriend won't travel without one of those soft feather pillows, even overnight.

There's more than one CENTRAL WORLD? Please let me know where the other CENTRAL WORLD'S are.

Sorry Jimmy, I probably have a word out of place somewhere. I was always of the Belief that Central World was just one of the stores owned and operated by Central Pattana, which is the owner of Central Group of shopping centres. They are everywhere, Rama II, Pink Lao & the list goes on. I think they are the largest operator of shopping centres in Thailand.

Of course you are going to chip me on using the word, 'world' arnt you. In actual fact I've always called them 'Centun' which I know is probably incorrect BUT as a fact, they are all that similar its not funny.

Anyway, its a touchy world you are living in. :)

Wesley, please don't go to the Centun that was formally known as 'the world trade centre' as it was burnt down on the 19th of May, 2010.

Sorry Jimmy, I probably have a word out of place somewhere. I was always of the Belief that Central World was just one of the stores owned and operated by Central Pattana, which is the owner of Central Group of shopping centres. They are everywhere, Rama II, Pink Lao & the list goes on. I think they are the largest operator of shopping centres in Thailand.

Of course you are going to chip me on using the word, 'world' arnt you. In actual fact I've always called them 'Centun' which I know is probably incorrect BUT as a fact, they are all that similar its not funny.

Anyway, its a touchy world you are living in. :)

Wesley, please don't go to the Centun that was formally known as 'the world trade centre' as it was burnt down on the 19th of May, 2010.

Neverdieagain: The point I was trying to make is that Central World that you referred to is gone. Yes there are other Centrals around but suffice to say that Central Chidlom is not Central World : although both contain a Central Department Store - or at least one does now.

If one went to Central Lad Prao (is it now closed for renovation?) or Central Bagna you would find a mall as part of it. Going to Central Chidlom is not really the same is it - especially if you were looking for stores to shop for linen in the mall.

Anyways, don't lose any sleep over it. :D

^You know I get in trouble over this at home too. I ask, "Where are we going?" I'm told, "Centun" If I say, "Ohh Rama II" I always get a reply to one of the other ones. It doesnt matter which one I choose, Im always in trouble. Now u start :)

PS: Did I mention, I HATE THEM ALL. :D

There's an excellent wholesaler for hotel-quality sheets and other textiles in , of all places, Chatuchak market.

A king fitted sheet is Bht1000, pillows stuffed before your eyes to the exact thickness you want (I wanted almost flat) for Bht150.

While I was there, a guy came with a huge suitcase and wanted 200 table cloths and an even bigger number of napkins.

It's between the main entrance and Chatuchak mall - ask around!

Too late to help you now, but I get super high-quality, high thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets online, even cheaper than I could find in Egypt.  Most of my Thai friends now use the same source.

The quality is great, better than I have been able to find in any local store. And the price is not cheap, but not bad at all.  And most of the online vendors will ship to Thailand.

PASAYA is by far the best you can find. Real world class.

Even better than 5 Star Hotel linen.

www.pasaya.com

They have a store in Siam Paragon 3F, but you can also find their products in other department stores.

Currently Central Chitlom runs bedding promotions. 5th Floor promotional space.

Check it out.