Free Condoms!

Daren

Where can I score a free box of condoms in central BKK? I know some hospitals and gov't health organizations will distribute them for free but I don't know where to look in the city. If I could save a bit of leg work, and a few embarrassing moments, that would be great! On my last trip to the health dept. (down south), I was offered a choice of two sizes. Should I expect only "condoms for kids" sizes or do they offer a range? :)

If you know of a place where in Klong Tan Neua, Khlong Toei Nuea or Bang Kappi would be very convenient indeed.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

555... I'm glad someone made the joke! But honestly when you go through as many as I do, you need to start cutting corners somewhere... And he sets up another one, who's gonna knock it out of the park?

In all seriousness they're for educational purposes! All Thai (high school) kids should know how to strap one on... the right way!! I use bananas or carrots or something similar to demo the correct procedure, and despite being fairly straight forward, one does need to be shown the right and wrong ways of applying the sometimes befuddling love bag. Participation is voluntary but I have never once in 5 years had a kid miss that lesson. Hmmm.... go figure.

Edited by Daren

A little more seriously, if there is a Cabbages and Condoms Restaurant near you ask there for ideas about teaching aids. They are ran by a foundation set up by Mechai Viravaidya who did great work in making condom use acceptible in Thailand. I guess it is a good thing he was a Scotish Thai and not an Irish Thai.

Edited by harrry

Err.... Harry, are you suggesting I get them to practice the with real thing? YIKES!

As for my methods, I'm 100% certain that if they can get a rubber on a carrot, they can get it on the real thing. The carrots available here make many boys blush! Besides, it takes far more coordination to slip one on a untethered banana than the real McCoy!

A little more seriously, if there is a Cabbages and Condoms Restaurant near you ask there for ideas about teaching aids. They are ran by a foundation set up by Mechai Viravaidya who did great work in making condom use acceptible in Thailand. I guess it is a good thing he was a Scotish Thai and not an Irish Thai.

Family restaurant with good food.:)

@Cardholder, that's precisely why I want affect a positive change in the relatively small groups of students I teach.

@Harry, good idea. I will swing by their Suk branch and make an inquiry.

If anyone has ever gotten free jimmy hats anywhere in BKK, please chime in!

Also, it looks like TV's shiny new skin is causing some multiple post issues. Waiter!! There's a double post in soup!