Alternative Places To Pattaya

patrickinpattaya

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has been to visit Bang Saray or Bang saen and what they thought about these places. I like to explore differant places everytime I come over to Thailand, I'm based in Pattaya, I quite like Sri Ratcha, Rayong and Ubon.

Any other recomendations? Also has anyone been to the Island of Sri Ratcha, I plan to go when I return to Pattaya at Christmas.

Thanks

Bang Sare has nice beach and great seafood.

Bang Saen I haven't been to in a long while. It was a favourite Thai place along with Ang Sila. A couple of good massage / entertainment places there, the beach was not so good. There's a sea world there I think.

The island at Sri Racha is Koh Si Chang, not much there, you can see it in a day visit.

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has been to visit Bang Saray or Bang saen and what they thought about these places. I like to explore differant places everytime I come over to Thailand, I'm based in Pattaya, I quite like Sri Ratcha, Rayong and Ubon.

Any other recomendations? Also has anyone been to the Island of Sri Ratcha, I plan to go when I return to Pattaya at Christmas.

Thanks

Bang Saen is VERY Thai - good seafood restaurants but completely log-jammed on the roads and beach roads at weekends and Thai holidays - empty at other times. Beach not that good but I think better than Pattaya

Public transport to and from Pattaya to Bang Saen is also poor.

Edited by Rimmer
Unnecessary profanity edited by RIMMER

So what can be better than Pattaya if you intend to keep at least 30 % of your previous lifestyle?

Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya...I would not like to stay in another place really, as I am not a born Thai.

Bang Saray is approx. 20 mins from Pattaya to the South and Bang Saen is approx. 45 mins from Pattaya to the North both via the #3 - Sukhumvit.

Bang Saray/Baan Amphur do have quiet, nice and clean beaches. No vendors and plenty of food stalls/restaurants.

Bang Saen is a typical Thai beach resort. Not many hotels but the beach is huge (in length) and parking is usually no problem.

Public transport to Bang Saray - take a WHITE songtaew - THB 10 or THB 20 o/w

Pulblic transport to Bang Saen - take a bus from one of the major intersections along Sukhumvit in Pattaya and get off in Bang Saen, just pass the Mongkon Market - it's at the traffic lights outbound Bang Saen - there you can take a songtaew to the beach. - total cost approx. THB 70 o/w

The "SeaWorld" is an acquarium located on the premises of Burapa University. Don't know about visiting hours.

Indeed, try to avoid Bang Saen during weekends and holidays; loads of Bangkokians around.

Dear Traveller

Having traveled around a lot of Thailands beaches etc, I can say that it is well worth visting Hua Hin- Cha Am.. you can get there in relative comfort from Pattaya by mini bus for around 350 baht and there is a reasonable amount of nightlife, bars and places to stay etc.. The beaches and there are many along the coast are very clean and worth visiting. If you want picture etc and places to stay etc, please e-mail me.

Finally Koh Chang is vey nice EXCEPT when it is rainy season, (Like now) and then it can be very boring.

Good luck.