Gbp Transfer Within Thailand

I owe someone GBP, which is sitting in my foreign currency account here in Thailand, can I trasfer DIRECT to their foreign currency account? (different bank) without converting into Baht?

i.e. GBP to GBP

Thanks in advance

I owe someone GBP, which is sitting in my foreign currency account here in Thailand, can I trasfer DIRECT to their foreign currency account? (different bank) without converting into Baht?

i.e. GBP to GBP

Thanks in advance

Interesting, in short I've no idea but I strongly suspect not because there is no transport mechanism (SWIFT equivelent) internal to Thailand to manage the transaction and I doubt very much that BAHTNET will handle foriegn currency in Thailand. You could cut a cashiers cheque in Sterling and deposit that but both halves of the transactions will cost you. I will watch this thread in anticipation that I am wrong.

EDIT: an exception to the above might be where both accounts are held at the same bank.

Edited by chiang mai

Surely its best to pay them in baht while Sterling is so low.

maybe... but I have the money in Sterling? and they want to accept Sterling? if I pay in Baht I have to transfer at this appalling rate

i.e. GBP to GBP

Thanks in advance

You should be able to, but if you can't you could draw the money out as cash or sterling denominated TC's it may be cheaper and more convenient

No, you cannot.

Trying to pay GBP to GBP in another country is just not practical.

I imagine you both must have UK based accounts - do it through those. Yes, I accept that this is not what you WANT to do but you cannot do what you want to do so look for the best second option.

THB to THB within Thailand,at an agreed rate, or GBP to GBP account in the UK.