Filing For Thai Trademark

Hello,

We are bringing out US product to Thailand and wish to register a trademark here in Thailand for it. I understand as a foreigner with a foreign company, to do this i need to nominate a Thai with power of attorney to register the Trademark for me?

This seems dangerous, unless it's just done commonly with a lawyer, which is my assumption.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct, the relative usefulness of registering the trademark, and what I can reasonably expect to pay for the service/process.

Thank you in advance,

Hello,

H

We are bringing out US product to Thailand and wish to register a trademark here in Thailand for it. I understand as a foreigner with a foreign company, to do this i need to nominate a Thai with power of attorney to register the Trademark for me?

This seems dangerous, unless it's just done commonly with a lawyer, which is my assumption.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct, the relative usefulness of registering the trademark, and what I can reasonably expect to pay for the service/process.

Thank you in advance,

Haha. I just peed my pants laughing so hard. Thailand is a HUGE offender for all types of copyright, patent and intellectual property. If you have something you would like to preserve the trade mark and not have copied and sold for a small fraction of what you want to sell it for. My advice is this, don't bring it to Thailand. If you have something that people want. They won't buy it from you. It will be reverse engineered in a matter of a few weeks and sold at MBK for less than 500 baht.