Snorkeling In Davao

alyx

Hey everyone

We (2) will be spending a week in Davao starting from July the 18th

I have been (intensively) searching but cannot make up my mind on where to stay; Davao city / Samal Islands (but there half of the comments are negative on each "resort")

As said I am looking for nice spots for snorkeling, nice beaches , and of course satellite TV (considering the wather I should expect to spend some time in front of it)

We are not the drinking type and it is more like honeymoon (a bit strong a word but...) so looking for a nice place where staff is nice and not too expensive

Thanks

Anyone?

hi just back from davao , not to much snorkling on samal maybe on the other side at maximas not sure the spelling , its only about 100 ps in taxi to get to samal ferry from the city center there are some nice hotels in the city about 1500 ps night, there are some good forums on davao and surrounding places just have to search, not to sure about the honey moon thing the rooms i looked at in paradise resort and blue jazz looked ok, i never stayed there as was alone

Thanks for the reply

As a matter of fact I have reserved a hotel in Davao as I was not getting any precision

From there we will be going to snorkeling places (if any) on a daily basis

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

oh alyx , pearl farm beach resort is a good choice when u are in davao, that is a place where, when u go snorkling, u see a lot of stuff..like everything is perfect. its peaceful and safe..well it cost about 100 dollars a night but its very worth it. the cost of the resort is the reason why nobody (locals) visit it....there are some locals but not many.

there are a lot of resorts like costa marina, bluejazz beach resort (60 dollars a night)..when u get to davao just ask ur hotel concierge to book it for you..have fun

You need to go to Apo Island (Negro O) of the islands North of Palawan.

Snokeling is fickle. You need all the beauty conditions of any underwater experience - but in 3-15m water.

I hear the fish are gone.

Considered Indonesia??

We will be going to Davao but remain open to a couple of days in Palawan

I was afraid of the weather conditions but it is quite sunny and a bit windy so I guess that it will be fine

Indonesia: never been there

You are thnking of Bali?

oh alyx , pearl farm beach resort is a good choice when u are in davao, that is a place where, when u go snorkling, u see a lot of stuff..like everything is perfect. its peaceful and safe..well it cost about 100 dollars a night but its very worth it. the cost of the resort is the reason why nobody (locals) visit it....there are some locals but not many.

there are a lot of resorts like costa marina, bluejazz beach resort (60 dollars a night)..when u get to davao just ask ur hotel concierge to book it for you..have fun

Thanks for all these details.

We will definitely be going to these resorts but form the mainland as we are booked on the Marco Polo. The reason why I chose not to stay on the islands is that we did go to Kho Pi Pi (Ao Tho Kho to be more precise), were lucky enough to have four days of sunny weather along with nice snorkeling but I felt trapped with nothing to do but swimming, sleeping, eating (electricity from 6PM to 6 AM). It was a nice stay, with very nice people (we were the only guests for the first two days) but it was too much for me

Went back to Phuket Patong (which was OK) but took the opportunity to take and pass a Padi course and spent the last day at Phuket town (which I quite did not like) not talking about the the outrageous taxi fares to go from one place to another (I was not charged more than anybody else, it is just the regular fare)

Therefore Marco Polo and from there every other day a little diving in the different spots you have been kind enough to point out

Alyx

Edited by alyx

marco polo is kind of far from the jetty where the ferry takes u to samal island..but im sure they will help u to get there, if not u can get a cab and tell them to bring u to pearl farm booking office or paradise island resort..

there are a lot of other resorts that arent as expensive. but the snorkeling is good in pearl farm as far as i can remember. just ask ur concierge in marco polo. crocodile park (which features a lot of animals and parks with fishes in it as well as they serve crocodile meat and give u ostrich rides) is a good place to visit, hill top is a restaurant overlooking the whole city, peoples park is also a good place to visit ..(in the morning- at night it gets crowded).theres a lot of sale in victoria plaza and gaisano mall..SM mall , is a nicer mall but not enough sale :)if ur really into snorkeling though i think Bunaken Island in Indonesia is really nice. http://bunakenisland.blogspot.com/

in davao: pearl farm, blue jazz resort, paradise island resort or isla reta resort (its pretty empty on the weekdays so that makes it good for surfing or snorkeling/scuba

Edited by wheatbreadeater

• 3 weeks later...

marco polo is kind of far from the jetty where the ferry takes u to samal island..but im sure they will help u to get there, if not u can get a cab and tell them to bring u to pearl farm booking office or paradise island resort..

there are a lot of other resorts that arent as expensive. but the snorkeling is good in pearl farm as far as i can remember. just ask ur concierge in marco polo. crocodile park (which features a lot of animals and parks with fishes in it as well as they serve crocodile meat and give u ostrich rides) is a good place to visit, hill top is a restaurant overlooking the whole city, peoples park is also a good place to visit ..(in the morning- at night it gets crowded).theres a lot of sale in victoria plaza and gaisano mall..SM mall , is a nicer mall but not enough sale :)if ur really into snorkeling though i think Bunaken Island in Indonesia is really nice. http://bunakenisland.blogspot.com/

in davao: pearl farm, blue jazz resort, paradise island resort or isla reta resort (its pretty empty on the weekdays so that makes it good for surfing or snorkeling/scuba

Thanks for all the tips

Just been back from Davao and Manila

We have found great people in Davao but ended up touring the city rather than snorkeling

Never mind as we had a good time

Thanks for the address in Indonesia

alyx