What To Organize For A Boy'S 8Th Birthday?

tgw

Pattaya, August 2010.

My son will celebrate his 8th birthday somewhere nearby Pattaya.

I am looking for ideas what to organize for him on that special day.

I would like it to be a day he'll never forget!

Went to a friends 4yr old daughters birthday last Sunday at the Centara Grande Naklua. Great place to have a kids birthday, the grounds are done out in a Jurasic Park "Lost World" theme, with loads of pools slides etc. The staff were great and they had 26 life guards on duty, who really took care of the kids; organising games etc. As previously posted Hard Rock is a great place as well.

Cheers

thx for the suggestions so far.

I've got to say that there won't be a huge crowd of children, in fact just he and his 5 yo sister and mama and papa :-)

We'll be on holidays.

So I think more about something like an adventure or event.

for starters:

only some kind of a traumatic event would be something, an 8 year old boy would never forget.

I assume, you do not want to do that with the boy. So forget your target!

I hope, with 8 years, this boy is still not totally destroyed from the bullshit you see everyday on TV. There is really no need for an event, that he will never forget.

Some hints what is important:

Try to see it with the eyes of a 8 year old ! It does not have to be something BIG and expensive and exceptional new! Just some fun for an 8 year old boy. They like to play with their friend or to play with his parents or known adults, adults who knows how to play with children. For this boy, most important is, what happens in his normal life. What happens everyday ! Having people who care for him everyday.People who care, what he feels and what he thinks. People who help him when he needs them .... that is most important.

To make a too big event-birthday will only cause stress to this little boy. So set a limit for time and trouble. The bigger the better is bullshit. It has to be the right amount!

Some practical hints: for the boy: some nice small events: like a gift,

some playing (playing with a new football ... what ever.

Just some "silly" games for young children.

You could go swimming . There is a facility near the tower, between Pattaya and Jomptien.

Take care ! Many children in this age can not swim !. You could ask the boy, what he wants to do . But do no expect an answer !

Think what you can do and not what you can buy!

And do not forget to feed everyone. It doesnt need to to be from "Ritz". But something, you know, he like to eat. May be just ask him.

If I hear, you would impress on him that much, I think, your motives are mostly to much self centered .... SORRY

Edited by dieter1

for starters:

only some kind of a traumatic event would be something, an 8 year old boy would never forget.

I hope, with 8 years, this boy is still not totally destroyed from the bullshit you see everyday on TV. There is really no need for an event, that he will never forget.

Try to see it with the eyes of a 8 year old ! It does not have to be something BIG and expensive and exceptional new! Just some fun for an 8 year old boy. They like to play with their friend or to play with his parents or known adults, adults who knows how to play with children. For this boy, most important is, what happens in his normal life. What happens everyday ! Having people who care for him everyday.People who care, what he feels and what he thinks. People who help him when he needs them .... that is most important.

To make a too big event-birthday will only cause stress to this little boy. So set a limit for time and trouble. The bigger the better is bullshit. It has to be the right amount!

You could go swimming . There is a facility near the tower, between Pattaya and Jomptien.

Take care ! Many children in this age can not swim !. You could ask the boy, what he wants to do . But do no expect an answer !

And do not forget to feed everyone. It doesnt need to to be from "Ritz". But something, you know, he like to eat. May be just ask him.

If I hear, you would impress on him that much, I think, your motives are mostly to much self centered .... SORRY

Questioning my motives to make my son's birthday a nice day for him and giving advice that many children at that age cannot swim...

He's my son, <deleted>! We've been together nearly every day since he was born and I know him very well!

He celebrated his past birthdays in Europe, where we only have limited options regarding birthdays, McDonald's has been done, a clown, a party at the game park with inflatable stuff... In all cases, it cost a lot and was rather unimpressive.

I know he would like to see things he has never seen before (not talking about gogo bars here, thanks), like monkeys, elephants... is there a place with costumed staff doing a pirate show or whatever...

Edited by Rimmer
German language edited out

for starters:

Questioning my motives to make my son's birthday a nice day for him and giving advice that many children at that age cannot swim...

He's my son, <deleted>! We've been together nearly every day since he was born and I know him very well!

He celebrated his past birthdays in Europe, where we only have limited options regarding birthdays, McDonald's has been done, a clown, a party at the game park with inflatable stuff... In all cases, it cost a lot and was rather unimpressive.

I know he would like to see things he has never seen before (not talking about gogo bars here, thanks), like monkeys, elephants... is there a place with costumed staff doing a pirate show or whatever...

there is a place on the corner of soi 9 patt beach road with costumed staff doing a pirate act with real guns too !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flight of the gibbon

sure thrill

for all he will not forget, , i do agree unless he feels he might die he will only remember so long....

this may do it....

Unforgettable Thailand Holidays: Flight of the Gibbon Adventure Tour

for starters:

<deleted> are you yapping on about?

He would love flight of the Gibbon, a real exciting adventure for an 8 year old. Another fun day for him would be at pattaya fishing park, he'd love landing a whopper. Its not that expensive either.

Then ask a couple of his mates along too, even more fun for him.

Flight of the Gibbon looks very very cool, thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately, my son might not enjoy, he's very afraid of everything, especially of hanging from a cable at a height of 20 feet from the ground.

I think it would be ok for our 5 yo daughter though...

Edited by tgw